Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the US take $1.5 trillion in Iraqi oil?
Yes 67 47.52%
No 74 52.48%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2016, 08:46 PM

501 posts, read 361,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Why not?.. the left lets the illegals steal from America.. we need more money to support all those illegals who want food stamps and housing and heating vouchers and medical care and maternity care and cheese lines. We need to steal to feed the stealers.. it is the left who want the muslims here too .. to get welfare benefits.. we are going broke..
Illegals are nearly ALL hired by Republican employers. Democrats do NOT pay the salaries of illegals.

But fine. Let's deport all the illegals. That wouldn't be a crime. And it wouldn't be a war crime. And it wouldn't require the US to kill tens of thousands of people either. THAT is what Trump is suggesting.

Old 06-03-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
If they want us to help get their country back out of the hands of ISIS.. yes,, bargain for the oil.. our services don't come cheap anymore..
In these statements Trump is NOT saying "only help Iraq if they pay us".

he's saying "TAKE THE OIL" as a form of repayment for the money the US voluntarily spent in Iraq. He never mentions anything about permission from Iraq's government to do this.

It's madness.
http://warincontext.org/2016/05/28/h...-take-the-oil/

Quote:
During the 2016 campaign, Trump has gotten more specific about how exactly he’d “take” Iraq’s oil. In a March interview with the Washington Post, he said he would “circle” the areas of Iraq that contain oil and defend them with American ground troops:
POST: How do you keep it without troops, how do you defend the oil?
TRUMP: You would… You would, well for that— for that, I would circle it. I would defend those areas.
TRUMP: Yeah, I would defend the areas with the oil.
After US troops seize the oil, Trump suggests, American companies would go in and rebuild the oil infrastructure damaged by bombing and then start pumping it on their own. “You’ll get Exxon to come in there … they’ll rebuild that sucker brand new. And I’ll take the oil,” Trump said in a December stump speech.
Trump loves this idea so much that he’d apply it to Libya as well, telling Bill O’Reilly in April that he’d even send in US ground troops (“as few as possible”) to fight off ISIS and secure the country’s oil deposits.
To be clear: Trump’s plan is to use American ground troops to forcibly seize the most valuable resource in two different sovereign countries. The word for that is colonialism.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:01 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,094,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
What in the world are you rambling about??? How would the US take Iraqi oil by $1.5 trillion if not by force? how can you possibly look at all this sources, all these quotes and think it is not by force???

Why would Trump say it would be easy to takeover Iraq's oilfields because the US has decapitated its army if he didn't mean by force???

Why would Trump say "we stay and occupy Iraq's second largest oilfield" if it doesn't mean by force??? What do you think occupation means????
You are the one rambling about imaginary war crimes that exist only in your head.

You have failed to provide any proof that Trumps wants to take oil by force.

You are completely jumping to absurd conclusions, without even the slightest bit of proof.

There could be many ways to take oil in exchange for something in return. One is only limited by their negotiating skills.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:06 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Take the oil... from ISIS... take their source of income.

So much for 'Thou shalt not steal', eh?

Let the Trumpies lead the charge, start packing!

Old 06-03-2016, 09:09 PM

How can you read all these statements and come away with the idea that he wants to take oil in "exchange" for something? The context is right there. Where is YOUR proof that he doesn't want to take it by force, when everything he's said obviously points to the use of force.

He had multiple opportunities to mention SOME kind of voluntary transactional deal between the US and Iraqi governments. For example, he could've easily said, in ANY of these interviews, that he would offer the Iraqis protection in exchange for $1.5 trillion in oil. But he didn't say that. So why are you just imagining these things??

In his 2010 book, in chapter 2 titled "Take the oil", he DOES somewhat say what you are talking about. He says that before the war, the US should've struck a deal with Iraq's dissidents in exile to invade Iraq and in exchange, get a reward in oil reserves.

The problem with that? By 2010 those exiles had all been long made irrelevant in Iraqi politics. Why didn't Trump say he wanted to strike a deal with Iraq's new government??? Why dissidents in exile in 2003 who had no importance by the time Trump wrote his book in 2010???

And why did in 2011 through 2016 did he never mention this "deal" ever again, but instead repeatedly just say "I would take the oil"? And "in war, to the victor goes the spoils"? And "I thought we were going to take the oil, that's smart!"

Old 06-03-2016, 09:13 PM

In that same chapter, again, titled "TAKE THE OIL", Trump writes that a Republican politician did go to Iraq and suggest the Iraqi government repay the US government for its war efforts. Trump says she was politely told to never return to Iraq again.

So already in 2010 Trump knew the Iraqi government had no desire to strike the kind of deal Trump wanted

And in the next 5 years he would never mention any form of "deal" with Iraq's government ever again.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:15 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Quote:
Illegals are nearly ALL hired by Republican employers. Democrats do NOT pay the salaries of illegals.

But fine. Let's deport all the illegals. That wouldn't be a crime. And it wouldn't be a war crime. And it wouldn't require the US to kill tens of thousands of people either. THAT is what Trump is suggesting.
Deport them all.. doesn't matter who supports them staying. .. I don't.. they hate Americans,, hate Mexican Americans the most and do not want thMexican Americans working with them.. the illegals are very protective of their job yet they also collect welfare benefits.. and live a good life here with many perks.. they live better than Mexican Americans.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:18 PM

33,568 posts, read 18,150,665 times
Quote:
In these statements Trump is NOT saying "only help Iraq if they pay us".

he's saying "TAKE THE OIL" as a form of repayment for the money the US voluntarily spent in Iraq. He never mentions anything about permission from Iraq's government to do this.

It's madness.
How would Trump ‘take the oil’?
you don't think deep at all. Trump is a negotiator.. he will get that oil through negotiation.. We will do this if you will do that.. if you don't do this , we will not help you. That is negotiation and Trump will do just that.

Old 06-03-2016, 09:24 PM

Quote:
you don't think deep at all. Trump is a negotiator.. he will get that oil through negotiation.. We will do this if you will do that.. if you don't do this , we will not help you. That is negotiation and Trump will do just that.
Then why didn't he mention any form of negotiated, consensual deal in any of these statements between 2011-2016? In the past 6 years he said it in his 2010 book and then never said anything about a "deal" again. And the deal he suggested was with Iraqi exiles who had long been irrelevant in Iraqi politics when he wrote about the deal in 2010. So the one time he suggests a negotiated deal, he doesn't even talk about making a deal with the actual government of Iraq!

If I wanted to make a deal with the Iraqis to get trillions in Iraqi oil, I would make sure I would mention it everytime I say "I would take the oil". But he doesn't do that. Instead he repeatedly says "I would take the oil" everytime a journalist is amazed and asks him "So you'd use US troops to take the oil?"

If someone asked me "Wait, so you'd use US troops to take Iraq's oil?" I would immediately say "HELL NO". If I did have some "deal" in mind, I'd say right away "Yes but I'd make a deal with the Iraqi government so we can take it with their permission!" But he doesn't do ANY of that.

Heck, in chapter 2 of his book "TAKE THE OIL", he doesn't even mention a single thing about Iraq's humanitarian situation. He doesn't seem to care that thousands of Iraqis have been killed by ISIS and Al Qaeda and Sunni insurgents. He doesn't mention all the people who have been raped by ISIS and Saddam. Or the 1-2 million people who have died in Iraq in the past 30 years due to conflict

Old 06-03-2016, 09:34 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,995,419 times
Quote:
If they want us to help get their country back out of the hands of ISIS.. yes,, bargain for the oil.. our services don't come cheap anymore..
ISIS are people from Iraq! It would simply increase their popular support....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections