Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 09:22 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times

Advertisements

Yes I think it is insulting to African Americans to question or be suspect of their support of Trump or Republican candidates.
It's like saying. "You have the right to vote...as long as it's Democrat!"

There seems to be a huge stigma , and I'm sure there will be a ton voting for Trump but not admitting it publicly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 11:11 AM

7,840 posts, read 9,200,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
It seems (based on polls) that African Americans overwhelmingly think Hillary is the better choice.

What is Hillary's secret with the African American community? She must really have done a lot for African Americans.

Which of Hillary Clintons policy positions really look to help African Americans if she is president?

And what about Trump for African Americans? It seems they think he would really hurt them badly. Would a president Trump really hurt African Americans?
Would you expect many Jews to vote for a presidential candidate endorsed by Neo Nazis?

Trump was endorsed by both white supremacist David Duke, apparently the self-proclaimed Grand poobah of the KKK, as well as several white supremacist groups and didn't reject any of those endorsements. Even if African Americans weren't major supporters of both Bill and Hillary Clinton, they wouldn't be voting for Trump.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM

4,204 posts, read 2,341,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
Would you expect many Jews to vote for a presidential candidate endorsed by Neo Nazis?

Trump was endorsed by both white supremacist David Duke, apparently the self-proclaimed Grand poobah of the KKK, as well as several white supremacist groups and didn't reject any of those endorsements. Even if African Americans weren't major supporters of both Bill and Hillary Clinton, they wouldn't be voting for Trump.
Oh Ok. I thought Trump disavowed David Duke. I'm glad I asked. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:22 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post

Or hillary?

Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | US News

Old 05-05-2016, 11:32 AM

2,203 posts, read 3,360,937 times
Quote:
Oh Ok. I thought Trump disavowed David Duke. I'm glad I asked. Thanks for the info.
Trump did disavow David Duke.

Donald Trump denounces David Duke, KKK - CNNPolitics.com

Old 05-05-2016, 11:46 AM

729 posts, read 429,456 times
Quote:
He disavowed that endorsement several times.

Given the nasty history of this country, it's ironic that black people and white supremacists may actually have more in common than they think, like wanting the country to do well. It is possible that two groups that hate each other can objectively agree on who'd be a better president. Plus, a lot of black people look pass that endorsement because he's been popular for decades. He's hired and worked with all backgrounds. A racist couldn't do that. So anyone with a brain can distinguish between who he is versus the hate group endorsement.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:56 AM

2,630 posts, read 1,455,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trump, easily. Too many blacks working low wage/skill jobs like McDonald's. Let's bring back real jobs for people who want to work hard and earn a wage to support their .
Lots of people have drank the orange Kool-Aid from the con man with small hands. Keep living the fantasy that jobs are coming back.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:05 PM

9,007 posts, read 13,839,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
This is the biggest problem in our country today. Why can't we all be Americans, period! A house divided against itself cannot stand. Stop being so selfish and start thinking what would be good for the nation as a whole instead of every little group wanting what is best for themselves. Makes me want to puke. Who will be best for America? Trump wants to make us[b] great again like we were when [/B]everybody worked together. I remember when. It could be again. Nobody wins with all this PC selfishness. Just saying. Right now we are a nation divided and that is bad for everybody.
When was this? what a joke.

Nobody ever worked together. It was mainly white people who did not want to work with everyone else.

Native Americans tried to work with whites but lost their lands.

Blacks post Civil War tried to live in peace but instead were subjected to JIm CROW.

The Mexicans tried to work with whites but instead ended up losing their land(Cali,Texas,etc.)

Asians Americans tried to work with whites in San Fran,but you know the story.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:17 PM

7,638 posts, read 8,709,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy2016 View Post
She's a democrat.
So is Bernie Sanders.

Old 05-05-2016, 09:58 PM

729 posts, read 429,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
When was this? what a joke.

Nobody ever worked together. It was mainly white people who did not want to work with everyone else.

Native Americans tried to work with whites but lost their lands.

Blacks post Civil War tried to live in peace but instead were subjected to JIm CROW.

The Mexicans tried to work with whites but instead ended up losing their land(Cali,Texas,etc.)

Asians Americans tried to work with whites in San Fran,but you know the story.
1. Does that apply to all white people in the Americas, or just the USA? I'm pretty sure the USA is a lot less racist than many other Latin American countries.

2. Native Americans all over both continents were displaced to some extent. Again, why single out the USA? Native American descendants exist in some of these other countries, but how is their quality of life based compared to elites in those countries?

3. USA today has overcome a lot of its racism. The same can't be said about many other countries.

4. "The Mexicans." Riiiiiight, because it was spanish-speaking, catholic MEXICO before being conquered by another European empire (Spain). And it must have been so peaceful even though people who wouldn't convert to Catholicism were executed. LOL, and as if Mexico wasn't also founded on a racist caste system (to this day mexicans that have more indigenous ancestry will tell you how Mexican society still favors eurocentricity ).

5. I don't know enough about that one other than the WWII concentration camps.

A lot of nasty history, but the USA isn't the only one; just the only one that ever gets chastised for it (success tends to attract that). And it's not fair to blame white people for everything. Someone of polish descent, for example, has nothing to do with any of that. What about intraracial conflict throughout history? there has been plenty of White vs. White, Asian vs. Asian, Black vs. Black, etc, too. If every human got punished for what their ancestors did, there would be far more than just white people being affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
Lots of people have drank the orange Kool-Aid from the con man with small hands. Keep living the fantasy that jobs are coming back.
Keep living a fantasy that Obamacare is a success. "Everyone has healthcare." Then why have so many lost theirs? Why are so many forced to pay far more than ever before? Why are so many exchanges imploding and failing? Why are so many companies forced to cut work hours, to avoid the mandate because they can't afford to give employees that much coverage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
Clinton obviously.

Trump is an awful, evil, horrible racist just like 99.9% of white males.
My my, how racist of you. So you've met 99.9% of white males and have solid evidence to prove that claim?

Last edited by Manimuni; 05-05-2016 at 10:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections