Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 10:14 AM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Really? I'm #NeverTrump. I am also #NeverHilary

I will either write in Cruz, leave the Presidential choice blank, or vote 3rd Party.

There is always a choice!

#NeverTrump
We get it - you've only posted the same thing 100 times like your vote counts more than any other vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 10:18 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
I am of the opinion that there is not that much difference between Republicans and Democrats. They put the spotlight on a few contrasting emotional issues like gun control or Planned Parenthood or same sex marriage; but how much do they differ, say, on foreign policy?

Anyway, I digress.

I think it would be a good thing for large numbers of anti-Hillary and anti-Trump voters to consider voting for Gary Johnson or Jill Stein. A vote for a third party is not a wasted vote. It does send a message. I am getting tired of the two parties - Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum - running the show. I suspect that despite the rhetoric they are all good buddies behind closed doors.
I think we can expect a banner year for 3rd party candidates. So much of America can't stand Trump and Hillary. I really does send a clear message -- a log more strongly than just staying home. "Kick the bums out!"

Old 05-05-2016, 10:20 AM

15,638 posts, read 10,393,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I think we can expect a banner year for 3rd party candidates. So much of America can't stand Trump and Hillary. I really does send a clear message -- a log more strongly than just staying home. "Kick the bums out!"
Yeah, that is real smart. Let someone else decide who is president.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:36 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
It's been a long time since we've had a candidate we could vote FOR, it's usually a choice between the evil of 2 lessers.

In this case, it's more a situation of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" so even though Trump isn't the best option, he's basically the only option to actually stop Hillary, so there will be a lot of people like me that see Hillary as the greatest threat to our country, so although Trump is a grandstanding blowhard, and pretty much an unknown quality, he's still a better option than what we know we would get from Hillary.

I don't vote straight ticket, I normally consider myself a Constitutionalist, but to face facts, Darrell Castle doesn't have a realistic shot at winning the Whitehouse, so rather than accept Hillary, I am resigned to vote for Trump.

The one positive thing is, if the left hates him so much that they would riot at his speeches, well, the guy may not be all bad.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:37 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Yeah, that is real smart. Let someone else decide who is president.
The third party people crack me up. They are essentially nothings when it comes to politics in the United States.

When is the last time a libertarian actually got elected to anything. Third parties exist for one purpose: to elect members of the main party that is furthest from their ideology. Fools.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:42 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,725,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
It's been a long time since we've had a candidate we could vote FOR,
Was only the last general election and also the one before that. Might be your problem is that you don't know what to vote for...

Old 05-05-2016, 10:45 AM

6,757 posts, read 8,582,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Was only the last general election and also the one before that. Might be your problem is that you don't know what to vote for...
I know exactly what to vote for, that's why I voted against in the last 2 elections. I knew what a train wreck an unqualified community organizer would be, and I've been proven all too right in my assessment.

Now we need someone to try and fix the last 8 years, but all we have is hope that Trump could be at least able to stop some of the bleeding if not set the country back on the rails.

Old 05-05-2016, 10:49 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
At least some of these Republicans will not be attending the Party in Cleveland. Former Governor Mitt Romney is the latest to beg off:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-in-cleveland/

Old 05-05-2016, 10:55 AM

465 posts, read 257,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Donald's fan base has already assured us that Donald doesn't need or want our votes. I am neither stubborn, nor shortsighted.

I am not responsible for Donald's loss in November. Donald is the only one responsible for getting voters to the polls to cast votes for him.

Although I have worked actively in the Republican party, my allegiance is to my principles and to my country. I do not OWE Donald or the GOP my vote. They have to EARN it. Donald has irreparably foreclosed the opportunity to earn my vote and has instilled the will to push back on faulty guilt trips and misplaced scapegoating this election.

You wanted Donald. You have Donald. His loss is on you and on him. Deal with it. Own it. Stop blaming others for Donald's inevitable failure.

#NeverTrump
Exactly! Now that he is the only choice left for the GOP, just sit back and watch all his supporters who insulted and rallied against various ethnic, political, and religious groups, now try to pander to them.

You wanted all Muslims banned...great. Good luck getting those 1.8 million Muslim voters on your side.
You think Meghan Kelly is a menstrual nag? That doesn't sit too well with most women.

I could go on with other examples of groups he has alienated, but I'd be typing all day.

Don't back peddle now, he and his supporters have built a whole campaign on being hateful, short-sighted, and just downright nasty. Now you need to own it, and lie down in the bed you made, because dollars to donuts its going to cost the GOP yet ANOTHER election....not to mention a few Supreme Court seats.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:03 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The progressive barbarians have already stormed the gates and made themselves at home. A swashbuckling ruffian such as Trump who is willing to pick up the sword and push them out again is my ally.

We can worry about what the country should look like once we've put out the progressive fires, stopped destructive PC progs from setting more, and pushed them outside the gates of power.
You realize you "ally" Donald boasts about his friendship with Pelosi and Reid, right? Your buddy Don, donated to their campaigns and bought the Clintons off to come to his latest wedding, right?

You know your "savior" Donald funded McConnell's super pac to ensure that the GOP establishment didn't lose their seats to anti-establishment candidates, right?

You know your good pal Donald's campaign is being run by his good friend and lobbyist for him, right?

If you think Donald is using that sword to push away progressives, you are misguided. The purpose of that sword is intended to back stab anyone who tries to thwart Donald from doing whatever he wants. Which changes from day to day.

Good luck with that delusion!

#NeverTrump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections