Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2016, 11:24 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,963,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
So now if you take money from donors, you're selling out?

How much money has clinton and sanders raised again?
If he takes money from corporate interests and other big money donors, he is selling out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2016, 11:27 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Hey, he's a smart guy. I am sure he planned it this way. He will also pay himself back from the campaign fund on the eve of the election day. Mark my words.

Gee, I wonder if he will reverse himself on the Wall and the gestapo deportations . . . .

Mick

Old 05-05-2016, 11:34 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,522,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Hey, he's a smart guy. I am sure he planned it this way. He will also pay himself back from the campaign fund on the eve of the election day. Mark my words.

Gee, I wonder if he will reverse himself on the Wall and the gestapo deportations . . . .

Mick
There is not a single word that he has spoken during this campaign that can be trusted. This is what you get with a pathological liar like Donald Trump.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:45 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
No lisanicole, you weren't paying attention to detail. Trump said many times before that he is only promising to self fund his primary campaign, and that he hadn't decided what to do for the general election campaign. He never once committed one way or another for the general election campaign whether he would self fund or not.

He purposely kept his plans for the general election under wraps until he secured the GOP nomination. Yes, many people read between the lines and knew that he would very likely begin accepting large donations for the general. But he didn't want to admit it at that time because he wanted to attack his opponents for accepting donations (all the while knowing that he would begin doing the same in the general election).

Some people actually voted for him because he was self funding - because he didn't answer to corporate donors and because he wasn't a politician that was owned by big donors . We all heard comments like this repeated from many of his supporters. He tricked a lot of voters that didn't realize he would flip for the general election and begin accepting donations. Yep - a lot of voters had no clue because they don't follow politics as much as junkies like us that frequent political forums.
Maybe you are correct. Maybe I just understood his words to mean, yes he would need to raise money for general.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:45 AM

17,343 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Trump stated many moons ago, many times, that he would not self fund the general election. Why is this news? If you are just learning this than obviously paying attention is not a strong suit!
Exactly! The Trump haters weren't aware of it and now think they are going to make a big deal about it. What else is new? Time to try something else Trump haters. As usual your just wasting everyone's time.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:49 AM

3,841 posts, read 1,979,511 times
Obviously, when it comes to a General Election, he will need to help fundraise for all the Republicans running for all positions. I expect Mr. Trump to stay true to his word that he is not for sale and will work for the American people and not be influenced by big money and lobbyist. He will not take money for favors.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:51 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
The who the h*ll do you suggest IS going to enforce our immigration laws ? I'll take my chances on Trump rather than leftists who want to drive this country into a bunch of wimpering pansies dependent on the federal government for everything.
What does that even mean? Obama has deported a record number of undocumented immigrants. Trump wants to hunt down and deport 11 million. Of course, Donald The Birther will never tell you that the cost is $600 billion.

Old 05-05-2016, 11:57 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Obviously, when it comes to a General Election, he will need to help fundraise for all the Republicans running for all positions. I expect Mr. Trump to stay true to his word that he is not for sale and will work for the American people and not be influenced by big money and lobbyist. He will not take money for favors.
Donald doesn't have to sell out to donors big money or lobbyist. Trump already has the same perspective as rich donors, big money and lobbyist. They want tax-cuts for the rich; reduced government regulation and not to raise the minimum wage. Trump's plans and positions are to tax-cuts for the rich; reduced government regulation and not to raise the minimum wage.

Those positions are not the positions of the American people and the disconnect is that his fan-club just doesn't care.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:13 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
I predicted months ago exactly what the article said that the big dollar donors most likely to do:
  • only contribute to the Congressional races;
  • not contribute to any political candidates;
  • contribute to the Clinton campaign.
It's not rocket science that if you keep bashing people and claiming they're "the enemy" for months on end, they aren't very likely to help you get elected. Trump and his Trumplets obviously don't get this. It's exactly why Trump's not going to get many Latino or African American votes, and why he'll lose women voters by a significant margin.

I think some fantastic percentage of the funding for presidential campaigns -- like 80% -- comes from a relative handful of super donors, so Trump may be in real trouble with fund raising. Somehow I don't think the anti-Trump Republicans, especially Cruz supporters, are going to take up the shortfall.
Don't think so.. Hillary is no prize..she is a job killer and her deranged husband Bill passed Nafta, not on merit but on bribed votes .. Clinton opened up his candy store and said.. you need a bridge, you need a big project done in your state.. I will help you if you help me pass Nafta.. the giant sucking sound of jobs continues.

Old 05-05-2016, 01:16 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Donald doesn't have to sell out to donors big money or lobbyist. Trump already has the same perspective as rich donors, big money and lobbyist. They want tax-cuts for the rich; reduced government regulation and not to raise the minimum wage. Trump's plans and positions are to tax-cuts for the rich; reduced government regulation and not to raise the minimum wage.

Those positions are not the positions of the American people and the disconnect is that his fan-club just doesn't care.
So you rather have more taxes on business so they can't hire or pay good wages.. you would rather the government distribute the money through the cheese line .. everyone can get a slice if you are poor enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections