Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 02:56 PM

4,511 posts, read 4,048,891 times

Advertisements

Every. Single. Major media outlet is censoring and doing absolutely EVERYTHING they can to pave the road for Hillary. Is this who you all want? Presidents that have to be circumvented into the white house against the overwhelmingly obvious public will? You understand that when you vote for these candidates that they never needed your vote and there is nothing to be proud of?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CiDL7J2XIAAJO1c.jpg:large
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 02:58 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,772,388 times
No surprise. Zuckerberg and Sandberg are pro Democrats. Maybe the whole tech sector except Peter Thiel.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:00 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,802 times
That is probably a fake but even if its real, has nothing to do with Trump. It mentions "Muslims" "ISIS" and "Homeland security" all in one post. Why not just add "bomb" and get yourself on a watch list?

Old 05-10-2016, 03:00 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
I can assure you no human is reading millions of posts to figure out which ones to delete. At least not by Americans. Now, I have no idea what their algorithm is targeting and why that post was flagged (if indeed it's not fake as usual).

Mick

Old 05-10-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I can assure you no human is reading millions of posts to figure out which ones to delete. At least not by Americans. Now, I have no idea what their algorithm is targeting and why that post was flagged (if indeed it's not fake as usual).

Mick
I highly doubt it is fake. This is just the tip of the iceberg -

At Secretive Meeting, Tech CEOs And Top Republicans Commiserate, Plot To Stop Trump

Old 05-10-2016, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post

At Secretive Meeting, Tech CEOs And Top Republicans Commiserate, Plot To Stop Trump
So you think Zuckerberg has hired thousands off people to sit there monitoring Facebook's over 48 million posts per day looking for the word Trump and deleting it? LOL!!!!

Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
So you think Zuckerberg has hired thousands off people to sit there monitoring Facebook's over 48 million posts per day looking for the word Trump and deleting it? LOL!!!!
It has #trump2016 in it and thousands would be a drop in the bucket to zuckerberg let alone a global establishment effort to stop trump.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:09 PM

3,298 posts, read 2,476,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
He probably outsourced the jobs to China.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:13 PM

Quote:
It has #trump2016 in it and thousands would be a drop in the bucket to zuckerberg let alone a global establishment effort to stop trump.
Its for the keywords I mentioned in my previous post. Not surprising at all.

Old 05-10-2016, 03:16 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:

Zuckerberg didn't attend that meeting. I don't think you should generalize all Tech CEOs.

Mark likes Mr. Trump when the latter changed his mind about H1B visas in the March debate . . . . not so much a few hours later, when Mr. Trump changed his mind on it again. Must be confusing to Mark.

Seriously, the point is that an algorithm spits out posts that get flagged depending on a combination of words used, context in which they are used, prior posting history and so on (I am assuming all that). As such, it must be prone to delete pro-Trump (and probably anti-Trump or anti-Cruz as well) posts even where the content does not seem inappropriate. That's what computers do. . . . make mistakes in interpreting human speech and writing . . . . ever tried using Siri?

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections