Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 04:10 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times

Advertisements

‘I Love Debt’: Trump Says He Is the ‘King of Debt’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

LOL. I love this fella.

He will continue pivoting until he becomes Bernie Sanders.

Mick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2016, 04:14 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
‘I Love Debt’: Trump Says He Is the ‘King of Debt’ | Video | TheBlaze.com

LOL. I love this fella.

He will continue pivoting until he becomes Bernie Sanders.

Mick
It's all good, he let us know we can just print more money to pay it off.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:16 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,341,276 times
Hes a clueless idiot. You can't run a country, especially one as big and powerful as the US, like a business that you can claim bankruptcy on and dissolve.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:21 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
I can't believe how stupid some of these articles are.

Mick, you aren't in real estate are you? Trump is in real estate, as am I, in real estate you use debt. Debt is good when you use it to make money.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post

Mick, you aren't in real estate are you? Trump is in real estate, as am I, in real estate you use debt. Debt is good when you use it to make money.
In real estate, yes. In a profit driven business, yes. In government, no.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:25 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,102,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And that is why Trump is talking about paying down debt, unlike any of the other candidates.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:35 PM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
And that is why Trump is talking about paying down debt, unlike any of the other candidates.
Trump is NOT talking about paying down debt. He is talking about discounting the debt through negotiation and restructuring. In other words - DEFAULT/BANKRUPTCY REORGANIZATION - just like he's done four times already - which is nothing more or less than legalized theft. No other candidate has proposed anything so immoral and irresponsible

In other words, he's gonna ask our creditors - China, etc. - not to mention pension funds, mutual funds, little old ladies and YOU to accept LESS than they invested.

That means if you've put your kids' college fund in U.S. Treasury Bonds at 3% coming due when they are about to enroll in college - good luck with having 100% of that principal available when you need it. Sounds like, if you're lucky, you might get 75c on the dollar.

And, if you've invested in mutual funds, munis, etc. - all of which have underlying investments of US securities, those aren't safe either.

Aaaahhhh - the World of Trump - it is, indeed, fantastical.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:36 PM

25,963 posts, read 22,138,411 times
Quote:
You do know that Trump doesn't work for the government or been elected as POTUS, YET?

Quote:
Exactly and we all know what Obama did to the national debt: Obama presidency to end with $20 trillion national debt - Washington Times

Hillary's plan of adding 1 trillion in spending and raising taxes to gain 1 trillion, will not reduce the national debt. Also, with all the jobs continuing to go out of the country, our tax base continues to shrink which means everyone has to pay more taxes. Amnesty alone will cost the US taxpayer $6.3 trillion.

Desperation, frustration and hopelessness is totally engulfing the supporters of the losing candidates. So, you made a wrong choice? It isn't too late to get on the Trump train to help "Make America Great Again"!

Old 05-09-2016, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Quote:
You do know that Trump doesn't work for the government or been elected as POTUS, YET?
Of course I do, but Trump was saying this in reference to what he'd do as president about the national debt, you know, as in running the government.

He also said he could just print money off to pay it, which is mind boggling. No, it wasn't a joke, I checked because I was convinced it had to be.

Old 05-09-2016, 04:44 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,121,435 times
Quote:

Yes, leverage is fantastic. In real estate. I am sure Mr. Trump was glad to have interest-free, no maturity, unsecured $8 million "loan" (in today's dollars) from his dad to leverage.

Is Mr. Trump running for president of some real estate development company? He's running to be President of a country, no? Do you really think the considerations involved are the same?

Debt is horrible for Obama and his predecessors, but for Mr. Trump it's fantastic?

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections