Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter75 View Post
Clinton has name recognition, so does Trump. Trump also used FUDA (Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt and Anger) as his main catalyst, all while getting over $2 BILLION worth of free airtime from the networks who covered his every move. Trump and the media played his followers like the pathetic sheep they are.
Like Hillary fans are any better with HER nasty rep?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 05:59 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
No it doesn't. It means that media was successful in molding people into the direction they wanted. Sorry, but statistically, Trump coverage was more positive and pervasive than any other candidate and Clinton coverage was nonexistent. Bernie coverage was limited to pointing out how there was no way he would win.

The uneducated masses are easily swayed by media. Donald is very effective in using media to attract and influence those who are easily swayed by emotionally based arguments.
Media coverage on Trump POSITIVE????????????????????? You have got to be kidding. Every word he uttered was twisted into a negative, blown out of proportion and taken out of context. A simple Google search on Donald Trump will yield page after page of hit pieces.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:01 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,907,195 times
Quote:
Hardly. It has to do with principles and understanding of how government works and what role the government should play and how the Constitution should be followed, etc.
In all honesty, I think that ship sailed well before this election cycle and it isn't ever coming back.

Like my 80 year old mother likes to say all the time, "I'm glad I'm on my way out, instead of on my way in".

Old 05-10-2016, 06:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
No it doesn't. It means that media was successful in molding people into the direction they wanted. Sorry, but statistically, Trump coverage was more positive and pervasive than any other candidate and Clinton coverage was nonexistent. Bernie coverage was limited to pointing out how there was no way he would win.

The uneducated masses are easily swayed by media. Donald is very effective in using media to attract and influence those who are easily swayed by emotionally based arguments.
What? The MSM has had it in for Trump till when Cruz dropped out, they pretty much hate Trump IMHO.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:03 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Addams View Post
Because it's not the people that vote who decide the winner, it's the people who count the votes.
People count the votes now?

Mick

Old 05-10-2016, 06:08 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Media coverage on Trump POSITIVE????????????????????? You have got to be kidding. Every word he uttered was twisted into a negative, blown out of proportion and taken out of context. A simple Google search on Donald Trump will yield page after page of hit pieces.
Every single vanity event held by Donald was streamed live by CNN. Donald had hour long petting fests on several primetime Fox Programs. Donald scheduled press conferences at the drop of a hat that were attended by all reporting outlets regardless of how worthless said presser was.

THAT IS POSITIVE media coverage!

#NeverTrump

Old 05-10-2016, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
What? The MSM has had it in for Trump till when Cruz dropped out, they pretty much hate Trump IMHO.
Not if you watch all the CNN reporters "waiting for the Trump rally to start" and live streaming the entire rallies every day.

And the daily Donald adoration society meetings on Fox from Fox & Friends, to the Prime time shows. And Morning Smo on CNN making sure that Donald only got softball questions.

Perception may be different, but Donald got tons of face time and was surrounded by pandering fan boys and girls on Fox and CNN. That was not the case for any other candidate running for the GOP nomination.

#NeverTrump

Old 05-10-2016, 06:11 PM

4,584 posts, read 4,198,651 times
Quote:
Every single vanity event held by Donald was streamed live by CNN. Donald had hour long petting fests on several primetime Fox Programs. Donald scheduled press conferences at the drop of a hat that were attended by all reporting outlets regardless of how worthless said presser was.

THAT IS POSITIVE media coverage!

#NeverTrump
Cruz should be thankful his rallies were not streamed with the continual poor attendance. The GOP primary race would have been over much sooner.

Old 05-10-2016, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Pinellas_Guy View Post
In all honesty, I think that ship sailed well before this election cycle and it isn't ever coming back.

Like my 80 year old mother likes to say all the time, "I'm glad I'm on my way out, instead of on my way in".
As am I, but how can you look yourself in the mirror, knowing you enabled the downfall by giving up your principles for the "sake of the party."

Brad Thor has a brilliant post on his FB page today that really sums up the feelings behind #NeverTrump

https://www.facebook.com/BradThorOff...53693576823990

Here is just a portion of his "open letter"

We are stewards of our Republic and as such, our greatest responsibility is not to ourselves, or any political party, but to the next generation of Americans. We must work tirelessly to see to it that they inherit a freer, stronger, safer, more prosperous nation than was handed to us.

To truly fulfill that obligation we must be selfless, and above all, we must be informed. We must understand the mechanics of politics, economics, and the framework that has allowed the United States to be the greatest nation in the history of the world.

As an American, my greatest allegiance is to liberty. As long as there is liberty, no task is insurmountable, no challenge too overwhelming. As long as there is liberty, anything is possible.
The true north of my compass has been, and always will be, liberty. I owe it to those who have come before me and those who will come after. I will act to safeguard liberty no matter what personal price I may be forced to bear.

Liberty is my litmus test. I weigh all actions of my government and those who seek office, against it. The ledger of freedom is incorruptible; its pages open for anyone to examine, and most importantly - to learn from.

At great personal and professional expense, I have grown more vocal over the years about the need to reduce the size of government and place in office fellow citizens guided strictly by the Founding documents.

#NeverTrump

Old 05-10-2016, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftee View Post
Cruz should be thankful his rallies were not streamed with the continual poor attendance. The GOP primary race would have been over much sooner.
Speaking of "sour grapes." The most glaring thing about all your posts is the fact that all you do is bad mouth Cruz or his supporters. They are never about your candidate. They are just trolling posts against Cruz and his supporters. You just like to gloat about Donald "winning" and what losers Cruz and his supporters are.

Seems like all you want to do is bully others who disagree with you, instead of showing why you made the right choice in supporting Donald.

#NeverTrump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections