Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 10:31 PM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Check Politico for new polls...Trump is ahead of Hillary in 3 states nationally and tied in Fla, Ohio & Pa with only a one point advantage for Hillary!! The tides are turning and more are jumping on the Trump train and he "hasen't even started on her yet"...
So, what you are really saying is that Clinton is ahead in 47 states.... Woohoo!!!

Old 05-10-2016, 10:35 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
Check Politico for new polls...Trump is ahead of Hillary in 3 states nationally and tied in Fla, Ohio & Pa with only a one point advantage for Hillary!! The tides are turning and more are jumping on the Trump train and he "hasen't even started on her yet"...
Oh yes, this poll was conducted by the same Quinnipiac that had Beauperez ahead of Hickenlooper in Colorado's 2014 governor's race by 10 points as recently as six weeks before the election. Beauperez lost to Hickenlooper by 3 points. Quinnipiac is known to be all over the place. Trump is not neck and neck with Hillary in Pennsylvania. What a joke. She will crush him there and make glasses of OJ, just like she will in Florida and Ohio. The desperation of Trump supporters is real.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:42 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
I don't know where people are getting their figures. I heard MSNBC talking about this too, but it seems as if many of its hosts are pro-Sanders, especially Lawrence O'Donnell and Chris Hayes.

I posted this before and the map keeps growing.

[URL="http://www.npr.org/2016/05/10/477190080/demographics-and-history-tilt-the-map-in-clintons-favor-over-trump"]Hillary Clinton Has Edge Over Donald Trump In General Election[/URL]

"Colorado, Florida, Iowa, North Carolina and Ohio are considered pure tossups at this point, according to the analysis. So even if Trump, who is the de facto Republican nominee, were able to get all of those, he would still come up short."

I wish I could copy the map, but the article also points out:

Based Strictly On Polling, It's A Clinton Landslide

Old 05-10-2016, 10:54 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Dunno. I think she will take the win, but not by much. But lets be honest folks-its early days yet. I think Sanders would have a far better chance, and send the message that people on the left and right both are sick of the current set of wholly owned politicians.

Old 05-10-2016, 11:05 PM

4,078 posts, read 2,340,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Dunno. I think she will take the win, but not by much. But lets be honest folks-its early days yet. I think Sanders would have a far better chance, and send the message that people on the left and right both are sick of the current set of wholly owned politicians.
Except, its really not. We are already in mid May...

Donald Trump has collapsed in general election polls - Vox

"The two crunched general election polling numbers for the past 60 years of presidential contests. One of those volatile and consequential phases is the one we're in right now. The authors found that around 300 days before the election (mid-January), general election polls are essentially meaningless — their predictive value is close to zero. But by the time we get to mid-April of the election year, polls explain about half the variance in the eventual vote split. And mid-April polls have correctly "called" the winner in about two-thirds of the cases since 1952. That means that poll changes between January and April have often told us a great deal. "A meaningful portion of changes in preferences during this period tend to stand the test of time and impact the election result," Erikson and Wlezien write. In contrast, poll changes in the following three months or so — between April and the conventions (which this year are in July) — tend not to "stick" as much. The polls may move around, but their predictive value doesn't get much better."

Last edited by dexter75; 05-10-2016 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-10-2016, 11:19 PM

1,629 posts, read 2,629,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
He's behind Clinton by millions of votes. What's this idea that he'd have a far better chance of winning the election than her? It's just nonsensical. He is not going to be the nominee because more people voted for Clinton.

Old 05-11-2016, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
He's behind Clinton by millions of votes. What's this idea that he'd have a far better chance of winning the election than her? It's just nonsensical. He is not going to be the nominee because more people voted for Clinton.
I agree, but Sanders keeps saying it over and over again, so his supporters believe him. We will hear it even more as he wins more states this month. All of a sudden Clinton's big wins in states like Texas, Pennsylvania, Georgia, Alabama, New York, etc. won't matter. Sanders will continue to talk about how many states he is winning, as if winning Rhode Island is the same as winning Florida. I can't wait until this primary is over.

Last edited by justNancy; 05-11-2016 at 12:15 AM..

Old 05-11-2016, 12:41 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
I liked how Sanders pointed out tonight that Trump was the leader of the Birther movement. What did your detectives find Donald? Where's Obama's Kenyan birth certificate?

Old 05-11-2016, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
I liked how Sanders pointed out tonight that Trump was the leader of the Birther movement. What did your detectives find Donald? Where's Obama's Kenyan birth certificate?
I like many of Sanders' speeches and, at times, he sounds as if he's stopped his vicious character attacks against Clinton. However, I'm not sure what his plans are, since he clearly said "pledged delegates" last night. So he's hoping to win enough pledged delegates, which is next to impossible, and then he'll push his agenda at the convention. There are some rumors about a Clinton-Sanders ticket, but I think she will pick someone younger. OTOH, it's one way of assuring a win, since many independents will vote praying she drops dead or gets indicted so Bernie will be sworn in as President.

Old 05-11-2016, 10:57 AM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Turn that frown upside down! I think if Clinton doesn't start performing better that the party will throw her under the bus. Not sure if they would support Bernie, which they should, or choose someone else. Choosing someone other than Bernie would insure a loss on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections