Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2016, 05:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Trump has increased that money at least a thousand-fold.

MTATech proved that was false, where is your proof against it?

What do you mean by "so-called businesses."

They aren't real businesses?

There aren't many -- if any -- businessmen who never take losses.

How many companies Trump has run that didn't fail? And when his companies would fail, he would just bankrupt it and walk away like did in Atlantic City.

If true, so what?

The Trump hotels have a tendency to enter bankruptcy, they entered it at least three times whether it was Trump or Icahn run. Icahn is supporting Trump, gee I wonder why.

Give me some examples.

Watch The Eighties on CNN, the corporate raiders were explained in the episode "Greed is Good" during the third segment starting with T. Boone Pickins. I mentioned that episode in another post regarding to Bush Sr.'s tax increase (to cover the 105b shortfall from bailing out people robbed blind with the S&L crisis.) Icahn has purchased several companies in the way that those like Pickins and Ivan Boesky others who used Michael Milkin tactics described in the episode how this was done with junk bonds.

Good companies that are succeeding don't need to shed jobs.

This was described in Greed is Good, an Icahn or Pickins buy stock to become a majority share in a company if not a seat on the board. When they would want to protect a company, it would cause the business to buy back the shares and thus cause issues where they would now shed jobs due to the debt load. Icahn did this with both TWA and RJ Reynolds through hostile takeovers

If Ichan cleared out the dead wood, he was just doing something that had to be done anyway in order to save those companies.

Who's to say he didn't cause good workers to be tossed out with the dead wood and called chaff. Goodyear was another with TWA and RJ Reynolds that had to layoff workers to prevent the Icahns of the world from having power.

In the meantime, your other choice is Hillary, who took bribe money to do favors for foreign governments and businesses when she was Secretary of State.

What's your proof or is this right-wing tinfoil hat theories?

She's just like Bill, who gave 80% of our nuclear secrets to China.

Again, show your proof.

The Clintons put the "For Sale" sign on America whenever they're in office. Only, it's the Clintons alone who benefit. They are now worth $250 million. Not bad for a couple of scruffy communist hippies who so dirtied the Arkansas governor's mansion that the voters kicked them out after one term in office!

If you are talking about NAFTA, NAFTA was inevitable unless H. Ross Perot won enough states to get 270 electoral votes and even still, it could have passed due to a 2/3rds vote of the two houses of congress. Also NAFTA dealt with North America, NOT Asia who into the 70's and 80's had been eating away at American production and even the seeds of offshoring. TPP is a recent NAFTA for Asia but we've seen Asia being used for American sold products for 40+ years by that point.
My replies are in red.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Trump inherited $40 million from dear'ole dad in 1974. To increase that "a thousand-fold," would mean that Donald is worth $40 billion, which not even the bragger-in-chief claims. According to VOX, below, Trump didn't do any better, with the wheeling and dealing, than he would have if he had simply parked the money in an index fund.

VOX: Donald Trump isn't rich because he's a great investor. He's rich because his dad was rich.

In addition, independent estimates suggest that he's much less wealthy than he says he is, and probably has much lower income than he claims to have, too. But since he has broken with all precedents by refusing to release his tax returns, it's impossible to resolve such disputes. (And maybe that's why he won't release those returns.)
I wonder if that is why Trump is hiding that too. Yet he complained about Romney not disclosing his taxes in to 2012 as well as Obama's birth records. Yet now because of an audit for some seven years back (which in most cases is only three years back) he won't. I smell a rat whether it is hiding his actual wealth and net worth or simple do as I say, not as I do. As I stated before, I'm not exactly voting FOR Hillary, more so AGAINST Trump.

Old 05-27-2016, 05:48 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Then Obama & Hillary fans would be voting for Trump en masse if that were the case.
What specifically has Obama lied about that is the to the sheer number and extent that Trump has lied?

Did Obama say four months ago that he GAVE a million dollars to charity but did not?
Did Obama make the preposterous claim that 'The “real” unemployment rate is 42 percent?'
Did Obama promise to release his taxes and then renege on the promise?

Others have documented Trumps lies. Here is one source: Lyin' Donald: 101 Of Trump's Greatest Lies | Daily Wire

To even suggest that Trump is truthful requires one to drink gallons of the Kool-Aid.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:48 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,438,007 times
Quote:
Trump inherited $40 million from dear'ole dad in 1974.
Prove it.

Quote:
To increase that "a thousand-fold," would mean that Donald is worth $40 billion
Even if you're right, the increase is 250 fold if he's worth $10 billion.

That's an increase of 25,000%

Quote:
Trump didn't do any better, with the wheeling and dealing, than he would have if he had simply parked the money in an index fund.
B.S.

If that were true, people would only invest in index funds.

They don't.

Duh!

Quote:
In addition, independent estimates suggest that he's much less wealthy than he says he is, and probably has much lower income than he claims to have, too. But since he has broken with all precedents by refusing to release his tax returns, it's impossible to resolve such disputes. (And maybe that's why he won't release those returns.)
Tax returns don't show how rich you are.

Duh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
My replies are in red.
And I'm not replying to your replies because I can't quote them.

Duh!

Quote:
What specifically has Obama lied about that is the to the sheer number and extent that Trump has lied?
"If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan."

"If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor."

"There will be no lobbyists in my administration" (There have been 70 so far.)

"You'll be able to see the bill before it is voted on." (followed by Nancy Pelosi saying "We have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it.")

"Debates on my proposed legislation will be completely public and you'll be able to see them on C-Span."

"My administration will be open and transparent" (The New York Times has said his administration is the least transparent in recent memory.)

"I will only accept public campaign financing."

"Benghazi was caused by a video."

"There wasn't even a smidgen of corruption in the IRS."

Want more?

Just use google.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Trump inherited $40 million from dear'ole dad in 1974.
Quote:
Prove it.
Gladly:
Washington Post: The myth and the reality of Donald Trump’s business empire
Fred Trump's net worth was $200 million in the 1970s. There were four Trump children. $200 mil./4=$50 mil ea.

From FactCheck:
Quote:
Fred Trump, who was also a developer, died in 1999, and the New York Times at the time wrote that “his estate has been estimated by the family at $250 million to $300 million.” More recently, the Times in a Jan. 2 story wrote that Fred’s will “divided the bulk of the inheritance, at least $20 million, among his children and their descendants, ‘other than my son Fred C. Trump Jr.,’ ” who died in 1981. At the time, there were four surviving children, Robert, Donald, Maryanne and Elizabeth.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Gladly:
Washington Post: The myth and the reality of Donald Trump’s business empire
Fred Trump's net worth was $200 million in the 1970s. There were four Trump children. $200 mil./4=$50 mil ea.

From FactCheck:
Nice job of contradicting yourself.

When Fred Trump died in 1999, Donald was already rich.

You assume that Donald got money from him before that -- based on nothing.

Donald borrowed $1 million from his dad, and never needed any more than that to create his business empire.

Make things up much?

Yes you do.

Old 05-28-2016, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech
Quote:

Obama was genuine when he said that. He just was wrong. Being wrong isn't the same a lie.

Also, Obama was genuine when he said that. He just was wrong. Being wrong isn't the same a lie.

I couldn't find any official source that confirmed that Obama actually said that.

"You'll be able to see the bill before it is voted on." (followed by Nancy Pelosi saying "We have to pass the bill in order to know what's in it.")
ALL bills are published in the Congressional Record. So was the ACA. Anyone who wanted to read it could have read it on Thomas.gov

"Debates on my proposed legislation will be completely public and you'll be able to see them on C-Span."
http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4521067/aca-floor-debate-house-passage

"My administration will be open and transparent" (The New York Times has said his administration is the least transparent in recent memory.)
Sunshine Week, which provides a perfect opportunity to evaluate the Obama administration’s record. Taken together, this record suggests progress toward transparency, but it arguably falls short of what Obama promised.
Ok, he made a valiant attempt and wasn't 100%. I couldn't find where the NYT said his admin was the least transparent -- which is difficult to believe that it was worse than the Bush Admin.

Your quote is a false quote (so YOU are lying.)
The real quote is:
"If I am the Democratic nominee, I will aggressively pursue an agreement with the Republican nominee to preserve a publicly financed general election." - Barack Obama, fall 2007
He did pursue it but opted out when McCain got all kinds of shadow money.

Obama never said that. (Stop lying trying to prove lies.)

None was proven.

Want more?
Only if they are real and not made up

Just use google.
My replies are in red, above.
What was shown above was an exhaustive search by dechatelet to prove an equivalence to Trump's blatant and unabashed lying by showing that Obama lied too, so Trump's lying is ok. (e.g. the "Johnny did it too," defense.) What it shows is that dechatelet had to rely upon made up memes and defensible statements to show this "lying" by Obama.

This is no comparison to Trump's flagrant lying, documented everywhere and anyone can also do a google search of "trump" "lie" and find a multitude of examples.

Politifact: 2015 Lie of the Year: the campaign misstatements of Donald Trump

PoliticsUSA: Fact Checkers Prove That 91% of the Things Donald Trump Says Are False

Old 05-28-2016, 06:32 AM

Quote:
My replies are in red, above.
I don't read replies that I can't quote.

You haven't figured that out yet?

Quote:
What was shown above was an exhaustive search by dechatelet to prove an equivalence to Trump's blatant and unabashed lying by showing that Obama lied too, so Trump's lying is ok. (e.g. the "Johnny did it too," defense.) What it shows is that dechatelet had to rely upon made up memes and defensible statements to show this "lying" by Obama.
Blah, blah, blah.

Dribble, dribble, dribble.

Just admit that you're wrong. You'll feel better.

Old 05-28-2016, 07:30 AM

Quote:
I don't read replies that I can't quote.

You haven't figured that out yet?
As George Thorogood sang in One Scotch, One Bourbon and One Beer, "that don't confront me." So sorry if you have to copy and paste if you want to quote me.

Quote:
Blah, blah, blah.

Dribble, dribble, dribble.

Just admit that you're wrong. You'll feel better.
More examples of you not having anything substantive nor important to add to the conversation.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:21 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
And I'm not replying to your replies because I can't quote them.

Duh!
Fine, I'll play your game. I'll type it in show/hide. I believe that is fine for copy/paste.

Spoiler
Quote:
Trump has increased that money at least a thousand-fold.
MTATech proved that was false, where is your proof against it?

Quote:
What do you mean by "so-called businesses."

They aren't real businesses?

There aren't many -- if any -- businessmen who never take losses.
How many companies Trump has run that didn't fail? And when his companies would fail, he would just bankrupt it and walk away like did in Atlantic City.

Quote:
If true, so what?
The Trump hotels have a tendency to enter bankruptcy, they entered it at least three times whether it was Trump or Icahn run. Icahn is supporting Trump, gee I wonder why.

Quote:
Give me some examples.
Watch The Eighties on CNN, the corporate raiders were explained in the episode "Greed is Good" during the third segment starting with T. Boone Pickins. I mentioned that episode in another post regarding to Bush Sr.'s tax increase (to cover the 105b shortfall from bailing out people robbed blind with the S&L crisis.) Icahn has purchased several companies in the way that those like Pickins and Ivan Boesky others who used Michael Milkin tactics described in the episode how this was done with junk bonds.

Quote:
Good companies that are succeeding don't need to shed jobs.
This was described in Greed is Good, an Icahn or Pickins buy stock to become a majority share in a company if not a seat on the board. When they would want to protect a company, it would cause the business to buy back the shares and thus cause issues where they would now shed jobs due to the debt load. Icahn did this with both TWA and RJ Reynolds through hostile takeovers

Quote:
If Ichan cleared out the dead wood, he was just doing something that had to be done anyway in order to save those companies.
Who's to say he didn't cause good workers to be tossed out with the dead wood and called chaff. Goodyear was another with TWA and RJ Reynolds that had to layoff workers to prevent the Icahns of the world from having power.

Quote:
In the meantime, your other choice is Hillary, who took bribe money to do favors for foreign governments and businesses when she was Secretary of State.
What's your proof or is this right-wing tinfoil hat theories?

Quote:
She's just like Bill, who gave 80% of our nuclear secrets to China.
Again, show your proof.

Quote:
The Clintons put the "For Sale" sign on America whenever they're in office. Only, it's the Clintons alone who benefit. They are now worth $250 million. Not bad for a couple of scruffy communist hippies who so dirtied the Arkansas governor's mansion that the voters kicked them out after one term in office!
If you are talking about NAFTA, NAFTA was inevitable unless H. Ross Perot won enough states to get 270 electoral votes and even still, it could have passed due to a 2/3rds vote of the two houses of congress. Also NAFTA dealt with North America, NOT Asia who into the 70's and 80's had been eating away at American production and even the seeds of offshoring. TPP is a recent NAFTA for Asia but we've seen Asia being used for American sold products for 40+ years by that point.

Quote:
Most did unless your company offered those crap Swiss cheese plans that is not called Disaster Plans but really is one of those plans. My brother had one at that point because he was not hired full-time at the point ObamaCare was just going to be enact.

Quote:
This is one that was never the case and unless you were entirely uninformed on the process, you know doctors could drop healthcare coverage every year depending on costs and co-pays. There are many that don't take Medicare because of the issues with it.

Quote:
It's far easy to say that before they enter office. Just as he was going to close Guantanamo Bay before he realized he really couldn't.

Quote:
That wasn't a lie. The reality was like many bills, lobbyists get their hands in and alter it in the houses of Congress.

Quote:
That maybe true but most people don't watch C-Span. I've tried and it is boring and I am into politics.

Quote:
I didn't think that Obama would be so I didn't think it was one a good idea, and two not going to happen. The issue is that you don't really have a good idea what the president is doing unless you are VP.

Quote:
That's spin, you know it. But still what if company CEOs finance a campaign as an individual, is that not still public campaigning?

Quote:
That was off "intel" at the time. The issue is they (mostly Susan Rice) continue to go by that for a few days after it was realized there was no riot.

Quote:
Only because 401Cs were targeted for tax purposes. The right b****ed and moaned up and down about the conservatives but yet liberal groups were too.

Quote:
Want more?

Just use google.
Which can give you credible and un-credible reports too.

Old 05-28-2016, 12:14 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,473,484 times
Hey guys, you do realize this OP was a hit-and-troll, right? The OP left the building after an EARLY post, as she should have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections