Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 01:04 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,174,356 times

Advertisements

It just makes sense.

If we have a terrorist attack (god forbid) before November, who in the heck is going to want to vote for the guy who's a newbie on national defense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2008, 06:36 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,908,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It just makes sense.

If we have a terrorist attack (god forbid) before November, who in the heck is going to want to vote for the guy who's a newbie on national defense?
Yeah, You have a good point, It would be strange to have General's and admiral's do the job we pay them for! national defense? We are talking Hillary Clinton versus John McCain right. LOL

Old 02-12-2008, 07:44 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times
So you hope to have an election with 2 people proven to make incompetent foreign policy decisions.

No thanks.

A newbie successly resolved the most tense, critical moments of the Cold War when his most experienced advisors wanted to take action that most likely would have meant that the concept of MAD (mutually assured destruction) would have not been a concept....

Old 02-12-2008, 07:56 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,796,244 times
Now the Hillary supporters are turning to the Republican playbook of Fear to try to weane votes.

Old 02-12-2008, 08:50 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
Now the Hillary supporters are turning to the Republican playbook of Fear to try to weane votes.

Obama's #1 argument is that he can beat John McCain on foreign policy (because of his Jonny Come Lately moral highground on Iraq). So what's that? Exploitation of the dead for Obama?

An interesting note on "electability vs. McCain" numbers though:

Obama has UNDERPERFORMED on just about every poll vs. actual results so far, while Hillary has OVERPERFORMED. What does that say vis-a-vis the polls Obama supporters keep pointing to?

He simply hasn't expanded his base beyond blacks, affluent liberals, and younger, left-leaning, aspirational independents. Unless you can show me otherwise?

Old 02-12-2008, 09:02 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Yea how interesting. John McAmnesty McBush knows little about evading capture. Since he has no flying skills or survival skills not to mention skills to stay out of enemy hands, that makes him a bad choice to run us into war again. What does he know about war? The first one he was in he spent in prison for 5 years while it went on around him.

War smore he says.....he is more interested in keeping going the great stampede northbound simular to the great Wildebeest stampede on the Serengeti Plains. Open borders is where his heart is. Come one come all.

The fact that he is getting all this support tells me that the majority of the American people want the same thing. So who am I to complain to close the borders?

Billery I have no idea nor would I believe anything what she said.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:12 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Well, one thing we CAN look forward to in a McCain vs. Obama match up is "who can show they have the least foreign policy acumen?"

Obama: “I would immediately call the president of Mexico, the president of Canada, to try to amend NAFTA, because I think that we can get labor agreements in that agreement right now.”

McCain: “I was in a conference in Germany over the weekend and President Putin of Germany gave one of the old Cold War style speeches.”

I'd expect the latter from Obama, not McCain. Seeing as how Obama has been so busy running for president he hasn't managed to make it over to Europe during his tenure as Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee's Subcommittee on European Affairs., he might be the one forgetting who led Germany, not McCain.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,315,331 times
desertsun, you must be the most _____ person. While you make some good points, any person who set foot in or over Viet Nam between 1945 and 1980 with an American heart is a hero to me! It's blabber mouths such as you who fail to understand the sacrifice those great men and women made for guys such as me who didn't have to go. I am ashamed of people such as you for making such pitiful statements about any person's courage. You obviously have failed history. Those such as you who failed history are bound to repeat those failures again. I salute every American who had the guts to ever put themselves in the line of fire to take a bullet so people such as you can say stupid derogatory remarks about them!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:24 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,809,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
It just makes sense.

Hahaha....you are pretty much implying that if our own gov't attacks us before November's election whom shall we vote for? Well, no wonder Obama keeps getting voters who are educated and earn well over 50K. That's due to the fact that none of them are sold off by this so called [FEAR POLITICS]. Watch all the presidential movies ever made and you will find one common thing: They [presidents] don't do anything besides give their best judgement. CIA, FBI, NSC and other gov't entities brief the president when there's a crisis of this nature.

**Bush was previously a governor...what did he do after 9/11, if i'm correct, he authorized attacks against Iraq. What do we know about Iraq today? Ooops, he made a wrong judgement based on CIA and NSC reports.

Old 02-12-2008, 09:26 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,142,497 times
Quote:
Obama's #1 argument is that he can beat John McCain on foreign policy (because of his Jonny Come Lately moral highground on Iraq). So what's that? Exploitation of the dead for Obama?
Many of us agree with "Jonny Come Lately" because it is a fundamental difference.

You call it exploiting the dead, the rest of us call it acknowledging bad policy and being sound enough to note promote such bad policies.

Oh wait, I forgot, I'm supposed to be scared.

Time to ramp up the terra alerts, they have been collecting dust since the '04 race...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections