Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 05:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Hillary should send a thank you note to Mitt. This quote is a ready made attack ad.

Quote:
"I don’t want to see trickle-down racism,” Romney told Blitzer. “I don’t want to see a president of the United States saying things which change the character of the generations of Americans that are following. Presidents have an impact on the nature of our nation, and trickle-down racism, trickle-down bigotry, trickle-down misogyny, all these things are extraordinarily dangerous to the heart and character of America.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-down-racism/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2016, 06:42 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Mitt needs to get some mental help. In hindsight Trump was totally right that Mitt choked and on top of that Mitt is a sore loser.

What a huge disappointment he is and he should go to campaign for Hillary and see how great that will work for the both of them. Maybe he can become Hillary's VP!

We don't need a traitor.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:50 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
It's pretty sad when Mitt Romney is the most sensible and sane person in the Republican Party these days.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:52 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
As a Mormon, Romney should be able to tell racism when he sees it but, obviously is caught up in the "gang" mentality. The Mormon Church Disavows Its Racist Past But Still Offers No Apology

Romney and his state are "whiter than white": Utah minority population gaining on whites - The Salt Lake Tribune

Trump is not a racist. We have been through this many times. Those that cry racist base it on their own feelings toward other races, yes, they actually believe we all feel that way.

They have had to exploit this "racist" thing because they have nothing else and they don't realize it, but they don't have that either.

The Wall, what do those living on the border have to say: Liberal journalist goes to southern border to see if Trump is right–what he discovers surprises everyone | BizPac Review
Maybe after all, it isn't about "race" which Hispanic isn't in the first place, it is an ethnicity, but illegal aliens.

Old 06-10-2016, 06:57 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,543,431 times
I agree with him!

I live in So. Cal and just last month we were tagged in our apartment with Nazi signs and "wetbacks go home" spray painted on the carport walls. (we live in "working class" apartment complex in a relatively nice area) The apartment had it painted over though within a couple of hours so that was good.
I talked with one of the girls in the office about it, and she said that she's had people come right up to her face lately and tell her she needs to go back where she came from. She said she's always mistaken for Hispanic which is amusing to her, (she's Greek) but it's gotten very hostile lately.

Trump's narcissism and lack of self awareness and self control are terrible qualities in a leader. You wouldn't want this stuff in a boss, a troop commander, Boy Scout Leader, etc. etc. so we're supposed to be okay with this for a President?

I know his "politically incorrect" way of speaking is somewhat refreshing, I get that, but he goes way too far. Like when you pay attention to a child doing something silly, and so they just keep doing it and then it just becomes obnoxious and you go "okay okay, that's enough now"

Old 06-10-2016, 07:09 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,647,517 times
Romney = choker = loser.
Next thread...

Old 06-10-2016, 07:19 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hillary should send a thank you note to Mitt. This quote is a ready made attack ad.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...e-down-racism/
The democrats have been calling us Republicans racists for years.. so what is the big deal about it now?

Old 06-10-2016, 07:24 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
I agree with him!

I live in So. Cal and just last month we were tagged in our apartment with Nazi signs and "wetbacks go home" spray painted on the carport walls. (we live in "working class" apartment complex in a relatively nice area) The apartment had it painted over though within a couple of hours so that was good.
I talked with one of the girls in the office about it, and she said that she's had people come right up to her face lately and tell her she needs to go back where she came from. She said she's always mistaken for Hispanic which is amusing to her, (she's Greek) but it's gotten very hostile lately.

Trump's narcissism and lack of self awareness and self control are terrible qualities in a leader. You wouldn't want this stuff in a boss, a troop commander, Boy Scout Leader, etc. etc. so we're supposed to be okay with this for a President?

I know his "politically incorrect" way of speaking is somewhat refreshing, I get that, but he goes way too far. Like when you pay attention to a child doing something silly, and so they just keep doing it and then it just becomes obnoxious and you go "okay okay, that's enough now"
Do you know why? The government does not uphold the law and the American people are sick of it.. sick of the illegals burning Amercan flags, beating up Americans who are Trump supporters and waving the Mexican flag. We are sick of it!! The government has not done a thing about it. Nothing!

Racism runs deep by the illegals.. even the chief of police who is involved with THE RACE, La Raza , told the police to stand down and did not protect Americans being beaten by the illegals.. this is sick and we are fed up!

Old 06-10-2016, 07:28 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times
Although I am equally turned off by Trumps antics, I find it incredibly hysterical that anyone would take anything that Romney says seriously. His campaigns were a disaster. You didn't see Obama or Clinton clamoring for tips and advice on their campaigns from Michael Dukakis, no difference here.

Old 06-10-2016, 07:29 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,831,521 times
Does Mitt Romney really think anybody cares what he thinks? He had his chance, and blew it because, like McCain, he was afraid to attack Obama.

Romney, who's apparently channeling his father, has a lot of nerve preaching to us about what a Conservative is. As usual, he's fighting the wrong enemy.

Gimmeabreak with these elites and their pow-wows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections