Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2016, 04:59 PM

22,486 posts, read 12,036,216 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
And your non-identical sibling could take the same DNA test and no Native American could show up because they did not receive that Native American DNA from you shared parent i.e. it wasn't included in the 50% they did receive.
It's more likely that they have even more than I do, as I am the lightest complected one of my siblings. And one of them even has high cheekbones!

So, then you're saying that Warren and all her siblings would need to take DNA tests? I have to ask just why she refuses to take one. There is a popular radio host in Boston who has offered to pay for it.

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 06-11-2016 at 05:08 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2016, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Without knowing the results of a DNA test, your statement is a lie.
You are really grasping at straws and getting desperate in your attempt to defend Warren.

If you think I'm going to send you the entire results of my DNA test, you are dreaming.

I'll let you in on a secret if I were to lie, I would have lied and said that I had a lot more than 5% Heck, I would have even claimed that I was Cherokee (which I'm not).

Old 06-11-2016, 05:12 PM

112 posts, read 107,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
You are really grasping at straws and getting desperate in your attempt to defend Warren.

If you think I'm going to send you the entire results of my DNA test, you are dreaming.

I'll let you in on a secret if I were to lie, I would have lied and said that I had a lot more than 5% Heck, I would have even claimed that I was Cherokee (which I'm not).
I think she meant without Elizabeth Warren's DNA results.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miaheatfan View Post
I think she meant without Elizabeth Warren's DNA results.
You may be right. She didn't phrase it to well.

Warren refuses to take a DNA test---even when someone offered to pay for it. I suspect that she is afraid of what the results would be.

Old 06-11-2016, 05:48 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,542,321 times
Quote:
So, then you're saying that Warren and all her siblings would need to take DNA tests?
This is really simplified but say 32 jelly beans are in a bowl, 31 of color A and 1 of color B. Imagine yourself being blindfolded and picking 16 jelly beans at random. Say each sibling did the same with a similar bowl of 32 jelly beans (31 color A and 1 color B). Now look at all the jelly beans that were picked. Is it a certainty that a color B jelly bean was picked by anyone?

The above scenario assumes the parent picked 1 color B jelly bean from their own bowl. They had greater odds than their children of doing so of course.

Last edited by cdnirene; 06-11-2016 at 06:19 PM..

Old 06-11-2016, 05:52 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,402,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Just having a name that sounds Irish doesn't make you Irish---names often got changed when immigrating or were acquired by marriage---and not acknowledging French ancestors doesn't make that part of your DNA/heritage go away. If you don't acknowledge your French connection---however far back it goes---you lying by omission. Unless you've had your DNA tested you are on the same ground as Warren...accepting the oral history that your parents and grandparents have told you.
its ironic that the person you replied to did that while simultaneously putting Warren down for doing it. And even DNA testing is not that good of a solution, as once you go back more then a couple generations any DNA evidence that you have can be completely eliminated due to chance in the DNA lottery.

Old 06-11-2016, 06:47 PM

Quote:
This is really simplified but say 32 jelly beans are in a bowl, 31 of color A and 1 of color B. Imagine yourself being blindfolded and picking 16 jelly beans at random. Say each sibling did the same with a similar bowl of 32 jelly beans (31 color A and 1 color B). Now look at all the jelly beans that were picked. Is it a certainty that a color B jelly bean was picked by anyone?

The above scenario assumes the parent picked 1 color B jelly bean from their own bowl. They had greater odds than their children of doing so of course.
So, again, should Warren and all her siblings take DNA tests? It's a simple question, really.

And, yes, I know that siblings could have different percentages of, for example, Native American blood in them if it is in the line. I also said that I suspect that my siblings may have even more than I do---given the high cheek bones one of them has

Old 06-11-2016, 07:14 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,542,321 times
Quote:
So, again, should Warren and all her siblings take DNA tests? It's a simple question, really.

And, yes, I know that siblings could have different percentages of, for example, Native American blood in them if it is in the line. I also said that I suspect that my siblings may have even more than I do---given the high cheek bones one of them has
They should take the tests if they wanted to find out if they inherited Native American DNA. However, lack of such DNA does not prove that they did not have Native American direct ancestors.

Old 06-11-2016, 07:30 PM

Quote:
They should take the tests if they wanted to find out if they inherited Native American DNA. However, lack of such DNA does not prove that they did not have Native American direct ancestors.
If it is in the bloodline, then somebody somewhere will have it show up, no?

If what you say is true and none shows up in any family member's DNA results, then it is so very far back in the line that we are talking about so slight a trace that it wouldn't show up at all. If it doesn't show up in anyone's DNA test, then she should stop claiming any ancestry. Period.

It would be like me insisting that I had Irish blood in me even though my DNA test never showed any

Old 06-11-2016, 07:32 PM

5,443 posts, read 4,685,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miaheatfan View Post
It's hard to believe that he'll be 70 years old in a few days. He's extremely immature.
I was thinking the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections