Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2016, 11:25 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,286,513 times

Advertisements

I can't say I support Trump for president, but will say I'm leaning his way. I don't have to make a decision until Nov 8th, and I won't.

If the Dems don't take back congress, then there is no way I'd vote a GOP as president. One party domination in government would be terrible.

But, my lean towards Trump, aside from his yack trap that has no boundaries, is he "seems" to be talking to me more so than Hillary. He may be all smoke and mirrors, but part of me likes the fact he's brash and puts himself on his sleeve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2016, 11:30 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,306,326 times
It's not that I support trump, it's just that the alternative seems much worse. The Clinton's are grimy, shady and evil people that should not be anywhere near the whitehouse. They had their turn now it's time for someone new and fresh.

Hillary=More Endless Wars.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:34 AM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmitri95 View Post
I used to want Hillary. I used to be a Democrat. But the Democratic Party has made it clear that my life--a gay life, a Black life, a Jewish life, an American life--doesn't matter to them, except to keep voting them into power. The threat of radical Islam is endangering us now more than ever, and President Obama and Hillary Clinton are either too stupid to see it, or are just unwilling to admit that they've been wrong.

Donald Trump may not have the specifics and I don't agree with him on everything. However, he has demonstrated this whole time that he's willing to do what is necessary to eliminate the jihadist threat and tell the world some hard truths about globalization, Islam, and political correctness.
I know quite a few Obama voters who are struggling to release the fact that they voted for him, especially the second time. Their recovery action plan is often said to be a vote for Donald.

Time will tell.

Old 06-14-2016, 11:35 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

One party domination in government would be terrible.
I agree. In fact, it has been terrible, especially the 2001-2010 period.

But really, while the monster has two heads, the body is one. The so-called two parties are really branches, talking heads, of a single establishment party. Nonetheless, better that they spend a lot of time arguing and distracting one another.

If it's any consolation, I don't view Trump as a republican. He brazenly plays both sides of the street and I would have preferred that he ran as an independent. But at least he was astute enough to see that the republican branch of the establishment party was moribund enough to deserve a hostile takeover.

Much better to look in the mirror and say in plain words who we really are.

As I've said, Trump is more a reflection of his opponents and detractors - just ask WestCobb who is a clear example of that - than he is of himself, a shot in the dark.

Have fun!

Old 06-14-2016, 01:52 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
about the most, after a terrorist attack is who will be appointed to the supreme court. I do not know who he would nominate, I am not sure his darn list means a thing, but his appointment wouldn't be any worse then Hillary. She would go totally left and this could affect us for generations. Oh, I won't be alive in generations to come,

Why do I support him? Well, to me the one thing I worry r if I am I won't have a clue, but my kids, grandkids and great grandkids will be affected.

Did I support someone before Trump? You darn well bet I did. I was 100% behind Rubio even though I knew he had some growing up to do. After that I was pulling for Kasich even though I thought he was a little to liberal for me.
I haven't really done much to show my support for him as I am not a huge fan, just know I must not cast a vote for Clinton. He may be an arrogant jerk, but I really don't put him in the same category as her.
just read this message, I seem to have deleted part of it or should we say, my computer skipped something: after generations to come should be that next sentence and it is screwed up, but I think all of you got my point.

Old 06-14-2016, 02:06 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,071,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I know quite a few Obama voters who are struggling to release the fact that they voted for him, especially the second time. Their recovery action plan is often said to be a vote for Donald.

Time will tell.
Tell your friends to let it go. There are a bunch of morons out there, but for those who genuinely give thought and consideration to who they vote for, even your friends made the best decision they could at the time. There's no point in looking backwards and no point in regret. The past eight years are what they are. The only thing any of us can do is move forward and again make the best decision each of us can make. Just tell your friends to consider carefully, and then vote their conscience.

Old 06-14-2016, 06:26 PM

5,037 posts, read 6,926,821 times
Thanks to all who responded!

Old 06-14-2016, 06:56 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
As people should know by now, I didn't vote for Trump.

The main thing that struck me about Trump from the very beginning is that he does NOT Fear the Media. I've come to believe (and recent stories about Google back up) that the Major Media manipulates the News and attempts to "choose" our candidates, the Republicans are Scareded to DeTh of the Leftist Media ..... Trump doesn't feR anyone.

It's his greatest Strength, it scares them all to death. The GOP Political Elite can't stop themselves from giving in to the Media & Leftist Playbook - they all fail to understand that the American citizens and middle class are FED-UP with this garbage.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:02 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Almost 8 years of democrats in charge and now they feel they have the answer to the problem in the world... which is to defeat Trump and sell B.S. and give us bigger government, higher health care insurance, take our guns and get more people in this country who will help destroy it!

All of these reason alone are a reason to vote for Trump.

Than you have a successful business man who understand what is going on and calls it as it is.

We had 4 terrorist attacks over the last 2 days in this world. With close to 70 people dying at the hands of Muslim extremists!

How many more do we need to die while Clinton is busy with her friends and Obama playing golf and his wife trying to tell us what our kids need to eat like we are stupid.

Old 06-14-2016, 07:04 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
As people should know by now, I didn't vote for Trump.

The main thing that struck me about Trump from the very beginning is that he does NOT Fear the Media. I've come to believe (and recent stories about Google back up) that the Major Media manipulates the News and attempts to "choose" our candidates, the Republicans are Scareded to DeTh of the Leftist Media ..... Trump doesn't feR anyone.

It's his greatest Strength, it scares them all to death. The GOP Political Elite can't stop themselves from giving in to the Media & Leftist Playbook - they all fail to understand that the American citizens and middle class are FED-UP with this garbage.
Kibby... it seems you need to go back to the school banks as you have to read the thread subject and you are posting in the wrong one! Reading and understanding is something not too hard to learn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections