Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 06:36 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry to say I really didn't know a lot about Kasich during his run for the Presidency, but I do have to say he was the only one of the 17 who didn't get caught up in the mud slinging and childish games of name calling and insults. He kept his class and basically let the others act like fools while he just focused on what he was trying to do.

I almost felt like I should learn more about him during that time, and possibly consider voting for him, but he dropped out before I got to that point. But I like him and respect him for taking the high road, unlike the others who were running.

Don
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 06:40 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Kasich practically was there for the duration and was criticized for not dropping out sooner. He pretty much was among the last men standing, even outlasted Rubio.

Keeping on the high road didn't work. Nor did getting down in the mud. Tea party took over and wanted who they considered non-establishment candidate even though Trumplease has been buying off politicians for over 4 decades.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:47 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,112,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Add John Kasich to the list of Republican Governors that say they cannot support Trump. Given that a Republican has never won the Presidency without Ohio, and Kasich's popularity in Ohio, this would be the most significant defection.

Kasich on Trump: 'I just can't do it' - POLITICO
Kasich is not relevant- why does the media keep acting like he is?

Old 06-21-2016, 06:56 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Kasich is not relevant- why does the media keep acting like he is?
Maybe because he is a popular governor of a state that is absolutely critical if Mr. Trump were to win (and Kasich destroyed Mr. Trump in the OH primary, so he clearly has more pull there than Mr. T rump).

Mick

Old 06-21-2016, 07:05 AM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
“You know, it’s painful. It’s painful. You know, people even get divorces, you know? I mean, sometimes, things come out that, look, I’m sorry that this has happened,” the Ohio governor said in an interviewaired Thursday on MSNBC's “Morning Joe.” “But we’ll see where it ends up. I’m not making any final decision yet, but at this point, I just can’t do it.”

In other words he's playing both ends against the middle.

Kasich is making sure everyone knows he's not happy so he's on record has being "against" Trump. However, at some point Kasich will give a speech about a private meeting he had with Trump or something like that and he's now endorsing the man.

Old 06-21-2016, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
Maybe because he is a popular governor of a state that is absolutely critical if Mr. Trump were to win (and Kasich destroyed Mr. Trump in the OH primary, so he clearly has more pull there than Mr. T rump).

Mick
He may be popular in Ohio, but I think he's a sore loser.

Old 06-21-2016, 09:45 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
He may be popular in Ohio, but I think he's a sore loser.

Or, maybe he is just being honest about not being able to support a man like Trump.

Don

Old 06-21-2016, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Or, maybe he is just being honest about not being able to support a man like Trump.

Don
Maybe so.

Old 06-21-2016, 11:16 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
“You know, it’s painful. It’s painful. You know, people even get divorces, you know? I mean, sometimes, things come out that, look, I’m sorry that this has happened,” the Ohio governor said in an interviewaired Thursday on MSNBC's “Morning Joe.” “But we’ll see where it ends up. I’m not making any final decision yet, but at this point, I just can’t do it.”

In other words he's playing both ends against the middle.

Kasich is making sure everyone knows he's not happy so he's on record has being "against" Trump. However, at some point Kasich will give a speech about a private meeting he had with Trump or something like that and he's now endorsing the man.
No, it's like Trump's "temporary" Muslim ban. It is meant to punt the issue so that he doesn't have to subject himself to more death and rape threats . . . . . it's "temporary" but really it is permanent.

Mick

Old 06-22-2016, 04:16 PM

13,742 posts, read 7,999,139 times
The Trump campaign picks up speed and you can bet Kasich will jump onboard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections