Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:22 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,332,087 times

Advertisements

Trump is trying hard, but his campaign has no substance.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...b7Kz&ocid=iehp

Quote:
Donald Trump keeps making promises that experts don’t think he can possibly fulfill. It might seem that he has people fooled by his implausible claims, which include pledges to make Mexico pay for a border wall and to bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States. The psychologist David Dunning, for instance, has suggested that many voters are backing Mr. Trump because they lack the expertise to recognize his mistakes.

But in some news reports, his supporters sound more realistic about what Mr. Trump, the presumptive G.O.P. nominee, could accomplish as president. One voter told The Washington Post: “I mean, a physical wall? It’s just such a strong vision and idea, but I just care about the border being secure.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 11:35 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
experts? Who are they? The ones who got us into every single mess that we have now? Why would anyone listen to them anymore?

Old 06-22-2016, 11:42 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
experts? Who are they? The ones who got us into every single mess that we have now? Why would anyone listen to them anymore?
I know, let's go to a homeless camp and pick a dozen or so to be the nation's advisers this go around. We need a fresh vision and nothing say's fresh vision better than picking somebody to make policy that hasn't got a clue about the subject.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
This is just the next stage of the con. After sending all of her money to a televangelist so Jesus can work a miracle in her life and realizing it was all a sleazy trick, grandma gets embarrassed. Oh I didn't really think I was going to get anything for doing that she tells herself and others. I don't believe her or the **********s. They thought King Don was going to do everything he said he was going to do and more.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Trump is trying hard, but his campaign has no substance.

Don
I think Trump is a wake up call for the Republican party and he talks about issues people really care about.

Do I believe he will keep his promises?

wall? Nope I think Military should secure the border, then you don't have to spend a dime to build the magic great wall. You are going to pay the troops anyway, why not putting them to work?

Bringing jobs back? well, I think Trump is a good negotiator and a manipulator. So I believe he can negotiate great deals with the Chinese.

Taking care of the veterans? I think he is able to. Put me in charge, I will do a great job.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:09 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
This is just the next stage of the con. After sending all of her money to a televangelist so Jesus can work a miracle in her life and realizing it was all a sleazy trick, grandma gets embarrassed. Oh I didn't really think I was going to get anything for doing that she tells herself and others. I don't believe her or the **********s. They thought King Don was going to do everything he said he was going to do and more.

Maybe they're dyslexic and it was really Don King they were trying to hook up with.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:15 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
wall? Nope I think Military should secure the border, then you don't have to spend a dime to build the magic great wall. You are going to pay the troops anyway, why not putting them to work?
How are you going to "secure" a border that stretches over 1,500 miles (Boston to Dallas) with the troops? We already use a high tech virtual wall, which doesn't work well at all. Maybe you can spot the illegals crossing the border with technology, but how are you going to get the military personnel in time to intercept them? The distance is so vast. It's not like they can fire missiles from drones to take them out.

Mick

Old 06-22-2016, 12:39 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Souther Border AZ, TX, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
How are you going to "secure" a border that stretches over 1,500 miles (Boston to Dallas) with the troops? We already use a high tech virtual wall, which doesn't work well at all. Maybe you can spot the illegals crossing the border with technology, but how are you going to get the military personnel in time to intercept them? The distance is so vast. It's not like they can fire missiles from drones to take them out.

Mick
Mick,

This obsession with Trump when Hilary is in may cases is far more damaged than Trump will ever be.
What he is really speaking about is to secure the Southern Border. We done in our history with Mexico (Open up a History Book) 1912 Conflict.

Putting Guard units to Patrol and help the board Patrol works and makes sense. As a Retired Guardsman we did work hand in hand with local and Federal Agencies. Putting resources in those difficult areas and to save lives works very well.

The Wall in San Diego has worked very well and BP swears by it for safety on both sides of the wall and as a law enforcement tool.

We are not speaking to digging trenches, but to have a security presents and a show of force that would deter would be Illegals.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:48 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,280,152 times
I think the average Trump supporter just likes the way he says random crap and doesn't care if it's offensive.

I doubt that anyone really thinks he'll do what he's claiming he'll do, but so few politicians do what they claim that it's easy for the "I hate that PC crap" crowd to back Trump and it's easy for the "I hate Hillary/Democrats/etc" crowd to back him, too.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:54 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,889,745 times
Default Hanging on words

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I think the average Trump supporter just likes the way he says random crap and doesn't care if it's offensive.

I doubt that anyone really thinks he'll do what he's claiming he'll do, but so few politicians do what they claim that it's easy for the "I hate that PC crap" crowd to back Trump and it's easy for the "I hate Hillary/Democrats/etc" crowd to back him, too.
Most Trumps supports take everything with a grain of salt. which we should do to all Politicians. I do even listen to every speech Trumps makes and I do no make time for Clinton.

Most people with real jobs get sound bits and even turn off the TV. The Horror of it all!

I do see people of both sides using this forum as a Gatchis Moment when any one walks on a crack on the side walk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections