Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:42 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Kaine is pro NAFTA, Globalist and pro wall street.....Hillary picked the right person for her....LOL

Bernie voters and the progressives are not happy.
Kaine is also pro-amnesty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 08:46 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gordon View Post
Actually he waited a day because he was trying to wiggle out of Pence and slip into Christie; his first choice. Preibus wouldn't hear of though so hence Pence.
Intentional rhyming? Cute.

So you are saying Trump was on the fence about Pence?

Old 07-22-2016, 08:47 PM

6,904 posts, read 7,605,159 times
I don't know anything in the world about him, but have looked him up now and am very happy with his background.

He has served in City government.
He has served in State government.
He has served in Federal government.

I've always thought that the ideal President would be someone who has worked in local government, on the state level, AND on the federal level. That's the way to learn how the country really actually functions on a day to day basis. Too many politicians (including Hillary) jump to the top without ever learning how Federal level actions affect local level people.

(And then you have the idiot trump, who has never lived outside of the northeast and never served on any level of government at all).

Plus, Kaine was born in St. Paul, and Minnesotans are just smarter and better than everyone else!

So, I'm very pleased!

Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Let's look at it this way - the Republicans slam and denigrate African Americans, Latinos, and now, Muslims, to pander to racial fears of whites. Maybe if they treat them with respect instead of a punching bag, they can get more black, Latino and Muslim votes. Actually, they used to get quite a few Muslim voters too, Bush II did...until Islamophobia became too tempting to use as a cheap political tool.
Oh really? Just how, exactly, do they "slam and denigrate African Americans, Latinos and now, Muslims"? Give exact details.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
another bought and sold moron. tim's available, just write a nice check and he's your puppet.

[url=http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/tim-kaine-virginia-veep-mcdonnell-clinton-224888]Tim Kaine accepted clothes, vacation as gifts - POLITICO[/url]
LOL ...please tell me you're not a Republican from Virginia.

Seriously, as long as he didn't accept gifts in exchange for political promises, he did nothing illegal. By the way, did you read the article before you posted the link?

"Kaine’s staff and other defenders are quick to note that his gifts did not contain any suggestion of a quid pro quo trade for official favors — a major difference from the McDonnell case, and the key difference between an act of friendship and an act of corruption. And Kaine’s long career in Virginia politics, capped by a stint as chairman of the Democratic National Committee, contained no allegations of corruption."

Old 07-22-2016, 08:52 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Kaine is as bad and boring a choice as Pence.
They are both basically "safe" choices, nothing more nothing less.
But then again, the VP does not need to be the "exciting one".

Old 07-22-2016, 08:53 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
He speaks Spanish. His new job is to do that ALL the time in Florida.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:54 PM

6,977 posts, read 5,709,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
Can Virginia Sen. Tim Kaine (D-Va) be an effective vice presidential running mate and vice president if elected?
he's available for sale if you got enough money.

Old 07-22-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
He speaks Spanish. His new job is to do that ALL the time in Florida.
Just to elaborate on what you wrote, he not only speaks Spanish, he speaks it fluently. He delivered a Senate speech in Spanish for the first time in its history.

"Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton’s newly announced running-mate, has not been in the Senate very long, having first been elected in 2012. But he’s already made congressional history. In June 2013, mere months after taking office, he became the first senator to ever deliver an entire speech in Spanish — or, indeed, to do so in any language besides English."

[url=http://www.vox.com/2016/7/22/12254858/tim-kaine-hillary-clinton-vp-vice-president-running-mate-spanish-speech]Tim Kaine, Clinton's running mate, delivered the first-ever Senate speech all in Spanish - Vox[/url]

The more I read about him, the more I'm impressed. This article also states he learned Spanish while in Honduras working with Jesuit missionaries.

Old 07-22-2016, 09:15 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I think you nailed it, that there won't be many Democrats sitting this one out, but there will be a significant number of Republicans.

I am a snowbird from Canada in Florida, and most of my neighbors are Republicans. Always have been. Most of them are disgusted that Trump will be the standard bearer, and many of them said they will not be voting the Presidential ticket, and some have said, reluctantly, they would vote Clinton just to ensure Trump doesn't get in.

The overwhelming sentiment, including those who are Democrats, is that no matter what happens, this election cycle is a cluster. Many have also said, the mistake can be corrected in four years.

With no dog in this race, I personally think Clinton is a horrible choice, and Trump is a disastrous one. At least with Clinton I think the world would be a bit safer than with Trump, who shoots first and might ask questions later. He scares us up here in the frozen north, and he scares my family in Ireland and Germany.
I think you apparently have been asleep with calling her a "safer" choice".

FBI boss James Comey's 7 most damning lines on Hillary Clinton - CNNPolitics.com

If having a person who runs one of the most powerful countries in the world who lies, has proven by the blunt words of the fbi director to be "extremely careless" with highly classified information, "should have known", "especially concerning", ie overall has proven without any doubt is beyond inept at handling a high level job appeals to you. And beyond this, her decisions during her time as SS and seeing how what those areas of the world have turned into messes under her watch(syria, libya, egypt, iraq, etc.), well, your view of "the world would be a bit safer" with hil in the face of all her utter failures and ineptness completely escapes me how you can arrive at such a conclusion.

Yes, trump is an unknown factor. But the known factor, hil, is an utter failure looking at the record. And most would agree was in charge/helped create some very dangerous situations in regions of the world. So what you're saying is I like the proven utter failure vs the what might or might not be an utter failure. That's a big non-sequitur. And I'm glad you don't vote in the US. We have enough of our own "educated book smart" but not so bright in the end herd in this nation lining up behind an inept/lying poor excuse for a wannabe leader.

Last edited by stevek64; 07-22-2016 at 09:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections