Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the Republicans giving Trump the nomination?
It's a colossal mistake 106 64.63%
It's going to work out just fine 58 35.37%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 02:44 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am inclined to agree with you even though, unless the convention brings us a new face, I will be voting for him.
Party before country.

Old 06-20-2016, 02:45 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,817,167 times
You think? As if it's not glaringly obvious!

"I think Senator McCain shouldn't have picked Caribou Barbie as a running mate."

"Perhaps Governor Dukakis shouldn't have gone for a ride in that tank."

"Maybe breaking into the DNC headquarters at the Watergate Hotel was a mistake."

Old 06-20-2016, 03:01 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
No, the biggest mistake that Republicans could have made is nominating Cruz. His ideology, unlikability and smarminess would have ensured that he had zero chance of winning the general election.

With Mr. Tramp, no one really knows what his actual chances are, because he is a very unconventional candidate and the polls could be way off. At least in theory.

Mick

Old 06-20-2016, 03:08 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
Reagan's son will not be voting for Trump. Romney will not be voting for Trump. Former GOP senator Pressler has endorsed Clinton. GOP senator Mark Kirk has un-endorsed Trump. Kasich refuses to endorse Trump. Paul Ryan seems to feel funny about endorsing Trump. The Bushes are not going to the Republican convention this year and neither is Romney, Rice and many other key Republicans and large companies. Arizona polling suggests that the state will turn blue, because Latinos can't stand Trump. 70% of Americans have an unfavorable opinion of Trump. Clinton is defeating him in every single national poll. What is going on?! I know I'm young (32), but I've never seen anything like this in my life. it seems unprecedented. Lmao!
Its called the "the silent majority ".

We will wait for November and let the Hilliary fans be loud for now.

Old 06-20-2016, 03:12 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,118,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Its called the "the silent majority ".

We will wait for November and let the Hilliary fans be loud for now.
What do you mean? He didn't even get "the silent majority" of the Republicans. He didn't even get 45%.

Mick

Old 06-20-2016, 05:05 PM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
So you are "in the know" because some saleswoman told you her product is selling like hot cakes.

Sure, sure. The polls are all wrong. Aren't they?

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - New York: Trump vs. Clinton

NY:
Clinton vs Trump Clinton 54.8 Trump 34 Clinton +20.8
Su8gar - believe your polls - but I'm actually looking at the real person on the street and what they're leaning are. I really think you people under estimate what the American people want - you only want to believe in polls which are slanted anyway the one asking for the poll wants it to be.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:09 PM

11,789 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
The rage that blinds you to realizing that you are being played the very same way Trump played the Clintons.
You said it yourself, for crying out loud. Trump plays the game, he did so when he endorsed and supported the Clintons. Again as you said yourself, he did for his own benefit. He is doing the same thing now with you!

But now you are trying to tell me, Trump is sincere? LOL Talk about denial and being entertaining.
Watching gullible people like you is my entertainment then, I suppose. Keep drinking the KoolAid although you technically know better.

If you want to talk about rage - let's look at those who supported Cruz and others - the boards are full of anti-Trump posts daily from them.
Hillary supporters have done nothing but deflect when ever asked questions - or they answer questions with a question. There is no accountability needed when it comes to Hillary.

We have our differences - you won't consider my candidate - I won't consider yours so these talking points and ad nauseum anti Trump posts are really a waste of your time - but you just like to goad people and troll.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:18 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
If you want to talk about rage - let's look at those who supported Cruz and others - the boards are full of anti-Trump posts daily from them.
Hillary supporters have done nothing but deflect when ever asked questions - or they answer questions with a question. There is no accountability needed when it comes to Hillary.

We have our differences - you won't consider my candidate - I won't consider yours so these talking points and ad nauseum anti Trump posts are really a waste of your time - but you just like to goad people and troll.
I think a lot of the pro-Cruz people were pro-Hillary in disguise.

Trump has been a threat from day one and the Hillary campaign is working overtime to try to stop him including paying social media trolls.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:23 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

Clinton is not even my candidate. The only reason I possibly consider her would be because I think the only person worse would be Trump.
And who says there is no accountability needed when it comes Clinton? These boards are full with threads and posts criticizing Clinton, just as they are with Trump, at every corner. And for the most part rightly so.
If I goad you by proclaiming my deep reservations against Trump, what are all the others doing with their deep reservations for Clinton and posting them? Are they trolls, too?
My position is simple. The 2 worst possible people on either side have become the candidates, I however put Trump even ahead of Clinton when it comes to unfit. If that hurts your feelings, then what can I say..... But I'm surprised since your candidate Trump rants don't seem to bother you. You guys usually call that "Saying it like it is". IDK seems like a double standard.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:27 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think a lot of the pro-Cruz people were pro-Hillary in disguise.

Trump has been a threat from day one and the Hillary campaign is working overtime to try to stop him including paying social media trolls.
As a Cruz supporter, your supposition makes me sick. I don't need to lie about my political viewpoint on an anonymous internet forum. People who do really should seek counseling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections