Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 06:46 AM

2,141 posts, read 6,907,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I find it amusing that these issues are the only negatives the Clinton campaign can come up with.
I could care less about the Clinton campaign. But I do have a problem with someone that could be the first lady saying she has not been proud of this country! Thats an insult to every combat vet of every race! I guess the senate is alot worse then we thought if we house people like this. Can someone show her the door!

Last edited by firemed; 02-19-2008 at 06:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 07:07 AM

2,290 posts, read 5,545,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
That it took her this long to be proud of her country? And to be proud because she married someone?

Breitbart.tv » Michelle Obama: ‘First Time In My Adult Lifetime I Am Really Proud of My Country’
I can absolutely relate to where Mrs. Obama is coming from. Although I'm not "proud" per se, it's the first time in my adult life that I can see my fellow countrymen/women reaching across centuries-old divides and schisms to do something better and to be something better.

There are plenty of people who've attended prestigious universities, and who've attained great wealth, yet who were also clear enough in their vision to see that there were still many things in American that one did not; need not; and should not see with "pride".

Old 02-19-2008, 07:14 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
wonder if she voted for Bill Clinton in 92 to get some change?

Old 02-19-2008, 07:30 AM

7,730 posts, read 14,159,784 times
I like her more than I like Obama.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:05 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,313,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
wonder if she voted for Bill Clinton in 92 to get some change?
Bill Clinton indeed represented change in 1992, he more "reigned" than governed, staying the hell out of the way while US residents collected the peace and technology dividend and paid mountains of capital gains taxes, helping to balance the budget, a momentous achievement twenty years in the making.

Nepotism should have no place in US politics and US citizens made a poor choice in George Bush Jr and hopefully they won't repeat the mistake by voting in Hillary in 2008.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:11 AM

8,044 posts, read 10,638,176 times
I am very proud of my country, but I'm definitely not proud of the President we have, his administration, or the direction his "leadership" has taken us. Clinton did some things when he held the office of Presidency that I didn't feel too "proud" of either, come to think of it. It's a little demoralizing listening to your country's President with his butt in a sling, trying to squirm and explain about why he couldn't keep his pants zipped in the Oval office. All I know is, I feel proud of my country again when Obama is at the podium, and that's a powerful thing, he is hitting a huge nerve because this country is hurting. And his wife is an awesome speaker and a very smart woman. If she wasn't, there would not be so many people trying so hard to put her down!

Old 02-19-2008, 11:15 AM

413 posts, read 909,732 times
Can no one see why a black American embroiled in fighting for civil rights and against disenfranchisement might rightfully have reservations about the country?

I'm often discouraged by the kind of ignorant rhetoric that people concoct with no foundation. People regularly make up things, like that Barack Obama is a Muslim, that John McCain had an illegitimate black lovechild, that Iraq was a threat to the USA, etc. That's depressingly ignorant stuff.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,011,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vickilynn View Post
I find it amusing that these issues are the only negatives the Clinton campaign can come up with.
Please. It was the MEDIA covering her speech who shook their heads at this and brought it up. I happen to be on the email list for the Clinton campaign and they hadn't sent out anything about it. They were busy with the Obama plagiarism thing.

The media has pretty much given Obama a free pass until now. If the Republicans get ahold of Obama, I'm afraid your "amusement" will turn to shock and awe.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:31 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,172,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
I like her more than I like Obama.
I do too, but she isn't running for office. Funny, I liked Laura better than George too.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:32 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
So she misspoke;big deaL.Everyone of the candidates have mispoken at sometimes.So many haters in this country now days. I think she is probably proud of her husand which I would expect. But then I wouldn't vote for him on issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections