Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2016, 07:32 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I wouldn't worry too much about names. After all America elected a man named Barack Hussein Obama. Remember Saddam Hussein and Obama is very close to the name of Osama.
Hopefully, they have learned from that mistake!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Not a word about what he actually stands for and his record though.

He is a Wall Street democrat through and through. Far from a progressive. He doesnt represent the workers in any way.

Picking a VP based on the person's skin color and his silver tongue is a terrible idea. And no, Texas wont go to Hillary!
I think Hillary would only have picked him if there were a Hispanic type chosen on the GOP side in order to bring balance. I think she'll pick Caine, wish she would choose that one that lied about minority status to advance her career though.

I did some brief research on Castro and just don't see any positive there. This is a good article that says "no" to Castro and "yes" to Warren but also highlights what I believe in that the VP choice in this election does make a difference: http://www.cnbc.com/2016/06/14/hilla...ommentary.html

Yeah, choose Warren, says the Trump supporter!

Old 07-18-2016, 07:40 AM

465 posts, read 257,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Trump's views on "immigration"? Um no, his views on illegal immigration. Why don't American Latinos care about our immigration laws and borders? So you are saying that they would be swayed by identity politics?
Ummmm, yes. Even Latinos who are here legally have families from across the border who they empathize and identify with. One of my good friends is a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy and also Hispanic, he doesn't WANT anyone to do anything illegal, but he understands illegal immigration and will not cast his vote for anyone who demonizes those of similar heritage for wanting to do whatever necessary to escape a bad life. In other words...when you call illegals "rapists, and murderers", yes, you also offend those who are here legally, because oftentimes, you are talking about (and stereotyping) their family and friends.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If you want a Hispanic with an anti-wall street rep, Tom Perez is a better choice. He is a bulldog on worker rights and has been a thorn in the side of business for time. That might be a disadvantage, though.
Absolutely. Tom Perez would be a great choice!

So would Sherrod Brown but everyone is so worried about who Kasich would appoint to take his place.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:06 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Perfect name for a VP choice for Hillary as it has represented communism and oppression in the minds of Americans for nearly the last 60 years.
Only for the geezers and their parents.

Today, Castro is just another last name to everyone who is younger than you are.

Fidel is nothing now but an old man with a bad gut who's ready to join the grateful dead in the graveyard.

Gotta keep up, old feller.

13% of us now have Hispanic last names, and Castro is a fairly common one. So is Cruz. A name is just a name.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:13 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty Pendergrass View Post
Ummmm, yes. Even Latinos who are here legally have families from across the border who they empathize and identify with. One of my good friends is a Lieutenant Commander in the Navy and also Hispanic, he doesn't WANT anyone to do anything illegal, but he understands illegal immigration and will not cast his vote for anyone who demonizes those of similar heritage for wanting to do whatever necessary to escape a bad life. In other words...when you call illegals "rapists, and murderers", yes, you also offend those who are here legally, because oftentimes, you are talking about (and stereotyping) their family and friends.

Electing someone simply based on like race or ethnicity is racist, IMO. The examples you posted are also racism on their part. What's wrong with demonizing law breakers regardless of who they are? I certainly wouldn't be offended or not cast my vote for someone who demonizes "white" law breakers as long as they don't say all whites are like that. That's just plain silly, stupid and shows a selfish tribal mentality.

No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking what doesn't belong to them. Yes, some illegals are rapists and murderers. Trump didn't say they all are. Where was he stereotyping law abiding Latinos, their family and friends?

Old 07-18-2016, 11:42 AM

Well, CNN thinks it should be Castro and they are owned by Time Warner ($700,000 to the Hillary campaign). They suggest that woman that falsely exploited minority status needs to stay put to possibly keep a Dem in that seat she sits in to support Clinton IF she is elected. They also discuss Caine as a choice. Who would want to be under Hilary? Not even Bill.

Why Hillary Clinton should pick Julian Castro as her VP - CNN.com

Old 07-18-2016, 11:44 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
"Woman-Hispanic 2016"? people are this shallow.
Democrats certainly are that shallow, this thread is proof of that.

Old 07-18-2016, 11:58 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
I think Hillary will pick a white male VP.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think Hillary will pick a white male VP.
I think so too. My reason would be that she believes in white supremacy, yes, seriously. Looking at where she came from and who she is, she will choose a white male. I think if not for the win, she would choose her girlfriend, Warren, that's the name of the one that exploited a minority status she wasn't entitled too! Hillary needs to do better with men, white and probably a few other shades, and we know she is the queen of pander.

I'd be interested in knowing why you think she will pick a white male VP though.

Old 07-18-2016, 12:57 PM

465 posts, read 257,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Electing someone simply based on like race or ethnicity is racist, IMO. The examples you posted are also racism on their part. What's wrong with demonizing law breakers regardless of who they are? I certainly wouldn't be offended or not cast my vote for someone who demonizes "white" law breakers as long as they don't say all whites are like that. That's just plain silly, stupid and shows a selfish tribal mentality.

No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking what doesn't belong to them. Yes, some illegals are rapists and murderers. Trump didn't say they all are. Where was he stereotyping law abiding Latinos, their family and friends?
Identifying with one's own race is not racist. Acknowledging those who are similar is not racist. Nowhere did I state that someone should vote along these lines, but if they chose to, that is their right. It has been done for centuries, and now it is only "wrong" because it has ceased to work to the benefit of those who have traditionally prospered from this practice.

I essentially stated that Trump, whether he meant to or not, insulted many Latinos, legal and otherwise, when he made his rapist and murderers comment. Its a simple fact. You saying that they shouldn't feel that way doesn't negate the fact that many of them do, which is why he performs so poorly with Hispanics. When you make blanket statements like that, its a risk you take. I can't say that the Irish are all drunks and think that Irish-Americans won't take offense. Its an ugly stereotype, and it pushes people away, which is exactly what Trump did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections