Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 11:42 AM

59,084 posts, read 27,318,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Great, AGAIN? When was "Again"? I am old enough to remember the 1950's and on. Those days? It was "great" for women, minorities, gays, poor,etc., when they were 2nd class citizens? So what era does Trump, who is my age, what to go back to? The 19th Century? You cannot relive the past, even if you want to.

I do agree that America still has it's problems, but we also have achieved much. I for one don't want to go back in time to those days.

Mr. Trumps scares me. Maybe he wants to relive the 1940's? He/me were in diapers in the 40's.
"Mr. Trumps scares me.'

I suggest you find one of those "safe places" AND HIDE IN FEAR.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
CBS NEWS, The debunked "news" channel!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Mr. Trumps scares me.'

I suggest you find one of those "safe places" AND HIDE IN FEAR.
She should stay in there until after the election, too.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Boilerplate GOP rhetorical BS: The SKY is falling and only the Republican candidate can possibly shore it up and prevent it from crushing us all!
Boilerplate dem rhetorical BS:Pushing granny over the cliff!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:45 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,384,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
Trump must be living in Van's skull rent free and has him freaking out. This rambling stream of incoherent word salad suggests he is honestly afraid, and that is a good thing.
Van Jones: Donald Trump Was Describing A "Mad Max America" -- It Was Terrifying | Video | RealClearPolitics
Van Jones is a lying communist.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It isn't real. And he was fueling your fearful imaginations. It's not even in that bad of shape. Sure the infrastructure needs work. A nation's infrastructure always needs work, and especially in as big a country as the United States.

He is peddling a vision of the country that we are doomed unless we elect him. If that's not peddling fear, I don't know what is. He is selling a bill of goods. He's going to make our economy great again. News alert, we are the number 1 economy in the world. And he's going to reject globalism while keeping us at #1 around the globe. How do you do that? Answer, you can't.

He's going to wipe out ISIS. So what? Is that going to stop terrorism? Do you honestly think that there won't always be another terrorist organization to take the place of the current one getting all the buzz? And how is going to wipe out ISIS while using fewer troops?

How's he going to keep any of his promises that he's made during this campaign? He touts himself as a unifier when the party whose nomination he ran for is as fragmented as can be.

I'm sorry, you might buy the goods, "Believe me, believe me". I don't.
But, you sure fell for "hope and change"!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:52 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
But, you sure fell for "hope and change"!
Wow!, YOU are sure QUICk and witty! I mean, what a brilliant argument you just made. You should write all these brilliant, well thought-out posts down. Because, hey, instead of actually putting out an argument, insults are so much better. Go ahead, wow me again!

Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Wow!, YOU are sure QUICk and witty! I mean, what a brilliant argument you just made. You should write all these brilliant, well thought-out posts down. Because, hey, instead of actually putting out an argument, insults are so much better. Go ahead, wow me again!
"what a brilliant argument you just made."

Just goes to show you are NOT as SMART as you THINK you are.

This is the "discussion" forum NOT the DEBATE forum.

" Go ahead, wow me again"

"Simple minds are easily amused"

Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,226,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
If that speech didn't resonate with you - if you think everything is just fine in America and that the same old crony leadership and capitalism is working on your behalf -- you are not paying attention.
You have to be trying to make a joke, or its some kind of spoof the people game that your are promoting. Have you missed the whole matter in principle that people are only seeking "fairness in Law Enforcement". Guns drawn is not needed when citizens is unarmed. it simply requires back up to manage the situations with decorum of the premise of serve as well as protect.

As to Middle East Madness of ISIS and every other Terror Group, don't dismiss the fact of the millions that have been killed and displaced and their lives destroyed behind the initial madness of Invading Iraq and trying to force feed democracy down the throats of autocratic religious based administrated countries. One can't take and destroy their ideology for Western aims. Saddam, TOLD GHW Bush, that reform were being made and that it was slow, he also told GHW Bush that considering the factions, it takes time to make the advances, he even asked GHW Bush to look at the changes he had made and to help him via supporting his aims to bring reforms. But. GHW Bush followed the Saudi's aim to have Saddam Removed. Yet, Republican know this stuff, but they want to pretend now to be unaware that even the invasion of Iraq took place, they want to deny that GHW Bush left the nation as well as the world of nations devastated in multiple categories. Those are realities, you seem delighted to deny and pretend they never happened.
Now, Trump talks like he can become the First American Dictator, and vanquish Democracy, as well as talk like there is no Congress. Equally so, Republican must learn that State's Rights must fit with and within the scope of Federal Governance Outlines of our United States of America System. There is no such thing as, States functioning as if they are independent countries.

Quote:
If you want to see the mess made by Republican Governors, go look at the Florida Algae problem, when the Fed's and the EPA warned as well as offered to help, the Republican Government REJECTED IT, and options to keep taking money and directions from the Big Sugar Producing Corporations, and now the results of that decision, has caused the Algae to feed off of the chemical and fertilizers used by BIG Sugar which drained into the water system, and now they have a mess and want the Federal Government to fix it and not speak up and remind them, that it is the result of Republican decisions that caused this mess to get out of control. TYPICAL REPUBLICAN EXAMPLE of how bad Republican make things.
Pense, is talking just to talk, he has been such an extreme RIGHT WINGERS, Groomed in Tea Party Ideology, and now he expects American to follow that lead into his kind of madness. Gee Whiz!!!!!!! Indiana, is benefiting from every Trade Agreement the Nation has, and he is flapping his lips bragging, about thing that would not exist if not for the Trade Agreement which currently exist.

But, here again, Republican never wanted Truth, they want loud mouth drama, and push of the "cowboy rules" ideology, as if he does not grasp that model of functioning has long been worn out and detrimental to the whole of this nation and the world.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 07-22-2016 at 12:51 PM..

Old 07-22-2016, 12:14 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,910,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Great, AGAIN? When was "Again"? I am old enough to remember the 1950's and on. Those days? It was "great" for women, minorities, gays, poor,etc., when they were 2nd class citizens? So what era does Trump, who is my age, what to go back to? The 19th Century? You cannot relive the past, even if you want to.

I do agree that America still has it's problems, but we also have achieved much. I for one don't want to go back in time to those days.

Mr. Trumps scares me. Maybe he wants to relive the 1940's? He/me were in diapers in the 40's.
He may scare you now, but when he has America back on track you will love him. It's way past time to get rid of the corrupt politicians, hillary being the most corrpt of all, and bring in an experienced businessman to make America great again
Under obama and felony clinton, this country has suffered tremendous damage. If you support her, you are supporting the end of America. Do you usually like liars and murderers. You know what she is, it has been proven and yet you want a crook to run the country.
Please wake up...!!!

Last edited by Grumpy ol' Man; 07-22-2016 at 12:23 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections