Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Donald right on the economy?
Yes, less jobs and larger debt will make me feel better 2 16.67%
No, his plan is completely irresponsible and is not good for the country 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 04:37 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,521,830 times

Advertisements

To put it in simplest terms, Donald Trump's proposed tax plan will ruin the country in 10 years flat. We already have a debt and growth problem, and just about everything he has said will only accelerate both. Nothing he has suggested would stimulate the economy. Instead it would just allow more corporate consolidation, more money being funneled out of the country, a weak dollar, and more.

Quote:
On taxes, "the Clinton plan is pretty much Obama extended," Williams said. "On the whole, she proposes a fairly small increase in taxes that would be borne almost entirely by the wealthy." Her plan would increase revenues collected by $1.1 trillion over 10 years, according to the Tax Policy Center’s modeling.

By contrast, Trump’s across-the-board tax cuts would represent a far bigger change than Clinton’s proposal. It would lower revenues over 10 years by a whopping $9.6 trillion, according to the Tax Policy Center’s analysis.
Quote:
They got support on June 17 from Moody’s Analytics, an economic research and data-services firm that examined Trump’s policies on taxes, government spending, immigration and international trade. Moody’s concluded that Trump’s proposals would make the U.S. economy less global and would substantially increase the federal debt, benefit the wealthy disproportionately, and push unemployment up. (Moody’s has said it will release a similar analysis of Clinton’s plan but has yet to do so.)

One of the clearest policy contrasts between the two candidates involves energy: Clinton seeks to wean the United States from fossil fuels by setting targets for renewable energy, while Trump wants to aggressively revitalize the flagging domestic oil and gas sector.
The worst candidate of all time.

http://www.crfb.org/papers/promises-...-2016-election

http://money.cnn.com/2016/06/21/news...-economy-jobs/

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...inton-and-don/

Look beyond the Fox News and Alex Jones propaganda. Beyond Citizen Uniteds never ending "movies". And see that Trump is a fraud who doesn't have the average person in mind for any of his plans. He is the ultimate neoCon.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:44 AM

4,583 posts, read 3,410,316 times
In what number of years do the other candidates' plans ruin the economy so we can compare? Am I willing to believe that Trump's plans ruin the economy in 10 years? Sure, but if Clinton's ruins it in 5, 10 or 15 years, what difference does it make?

Old 07-24-2016, 05:46 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,766,520 times
Rubbish. Paid supporter for Hilary.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
In what number of years do the other candidates' plans ruin the economy so we can compare? Am I willing to believe that Trump's plans ruin the economy in 10 years? Sure, but if Clinton's ruins it in 5, 10 or 15 years, what difference does it make?
Nobody but trump is proposing plans to triple the national debt, reduce the GDP, and lower the total amount of jobs.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
Nobody but trump is proposing plans to triple the national debt, reduce the GDP, and lower the total amount of jobs.

Remember, in this election, the electorate no longer has any legitimate reason to trust or believe the experts. I have no problem accepting your indicated conclusion about Trump's plan, I just don't believe anyone else's plans will have better results.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Rubbish. Paid supporter for Hilary.
No offense, but how can you discount this as rubbish? It doesn't fit your agenda so it can't be true?

Trumps policy is trash and is just cutting taxes even further for the rich. His speech the other night was full of so many lies, that I don't blame the uneducated for not knowing better.

Carl Icahn is running the show. The investor class is Trump. The very definition of a NeoCon.

Old 07-24-2016, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Remember, in this election, the electorate no longer has any legitimate reason to trust or believe the experts. I have no problem accepting your indicated conclusion about Trump's plan, I just don't believe anyone else's plans will have better results.
The rise of anti-intellectualism throughout the US is more disturbing to me then anything else. The "experts" are non partisan groups who have been screaming at the rooftops about the debt for a good 2 decades now.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:03 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,132,993 times
I think you have Trump confused with Hillary again. Other than that, thread fail as long as many people believe your candidate belongs in jail.

Trump has a plan for job creation, not putting people out of work, while the opposition wants to put miners out of work and send them a welfare package and she says that she will have jobs in "green" energy when she is owned by big oil and the Middle East investors. Liberals have been talking "green" energy as far back as I can remember in the 1970s. It isn't going to happen until we become energy independent and stop electing corrupt leaders owned by big oil.

Cost of amnesty, $6.3 trillion and I haven't heard anyone talking about the debt that will create and where the money comes from.

Trump is our only chance to save our country from further decay. The party is now behind him and we are ready to move forward. Get the old hag out of the way, it's time to put "that" to rest!

Old 07-24-2016, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
The rise of anti-intellectualism throughout the US is more disturbing to me then anything else. The "experts" are non partisan groups who have been screaming at the rooftops about the debt for a good 2 decades now.
True, but the same experts only scream about the debt when the GOP Is in charge, as for anti-intellectualism, when I make more money selling duck eggs than I ever could as an architect or an engineer or a lawyer, that is what happens to a society.

Old 07-24-2016, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I think you have Trump confused with Hillary again. Other than that, thread fail as long as many people believe your candidate belongs in jail.
I'm sorry but you are extremely confused on what is real and what isn't. you cite that 6.3t number from the extremely partisan propaganda "heritage foundation" that has been proven to be completely wrong.

Getting back to the topic, Trumps policy is dog poop. Trickle down economics has been preached by the NeoCons for decades and it hasn't done anyone any good but create the largest inequality in the history of mankind. Voodoo Econ at its finest.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 07-24-2016 at 06:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections