Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 06:10 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,630,095 times

Advertisements

Appears to be very straightforward:

1) Don't frighten anyone that is ho hum about both candidates into voting for Clinton.

2) Keep pounding Clinton on laws and order and Rust Belt economic issues.

Clinton's road is also very simple:

1) Frighten Independents and minorities into voting for her (young people are starting home).

It will be very close and probably determined by Trump's ability to hammer home his issues without frightening in the first debate. Even with the Wall he'll focus on on illegal immigration which is harming security and job security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2016, 10:03 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Trump has to win white college grads. If he can't pull away with them, it won't be close.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:10 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,913,395 times
This election will highlight what the American people really want. Do they want to be lied to, or do they want the truth. If Americans vote for the truth, they win. If they vote for the lies and the liar, than they deserve the suffering that they have chosen to inflict upon themselves.

Stupid as a stupid does, and life was never very pleasant for the stupid.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:24 AM
JRR

8,166 posts, read 5,662,692 times
Just my opinion,; it will depend on how many people buy Trump's outlook. 1) Things are terrible in the United States 2) You should be frightened about life here 3) Only I can save you

If he can pound that message long and hard enough, he could win. There are a lot of angry, scared people out there.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:26 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
This election will highlight what the American people really want. Do they want to be lied to, or do they want the truth. If Americans vote for the truth, they win. If they vote for the lies and the liar, than they deserve the suffering that they have chosen to inflict upon themselves.

Stupid as a stupid does, and life was never very pleasant for the stupid.
Couldn't agree more. Thanks for laying out the case to vote against Trump.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:34 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Trump will not get to the White House.

Period.

Old 07-24-2016, 10:35 AM

4,428 posts, read 6,510,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richrf View Post
Appears to be very straightforward:

1) Don't frighten anyone that is ho hum about both candidates into voting for Clinton.

2) Keep pounding Clinton on laws and order and Rust Belt economic issues.

Clinton's road is also very simple:

1) Frighten Independents and minorities into voting for her (young people are starting home).

It will be very close and probably determined by Trump's ability to hammer home his issues without frightening in the first debate. Even with the Wall he'll focus on on illegal immigration which is harming security and job security.
Under Clinton. Sell the Supreme Court, sell the Supreme Court, sell the Supreme Court. Really that all she has to do. You could you the fear angle with this btw. Especsially with reproductive issues.

Really on Thursday all Hillary should stand up on Thursday and just say this.

My fellow democrates and my fellow Americans......the party is divided. While I know quite a few of you love me. There are many of you here that feel ineffectual toward me. And some of you that down right despise me. I understand that and acknowledge that. But let's not lose sight of the bigger picture. If Donald trump wins then you lose you one in a generational chance to shift the Supreme Court to the left. That means for some of you that your reproductive rights may come under threat. Also there is a possibility of the gains made for the LGBT could be stopped in it tracks and stagnate at there current position. And for any of you out there that ever hope to over turn citizens United....well...you great grandchildren might get a chance to overturn it.

My good people. At the end of the day, whether you love me, hate me, could careless about me. Four year of my administration is worth 20 years of a liberal Supreme Court.

The end (mike drop).

That's how it should go Thursday.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:54 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Period.
Only if Clinton gives him an invitation.

Old 07-24-2016, 01:58 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Period.
I love it when I hear talk like that. He won't even run......

Old 07-24-2016, 01:59 PM

4,176 posts, read 6,335,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baystater View Post
Under Clinton. Sell the Supreme Court, sell the Supreme Court, sell the Supreme Court. Really that all she has to do. You could you the fear angle with this btw. Especsially with reproductive issues.

Really on Thursday all Hillary should stand up on Thursday and just say this.

My fellow democrates and my fellow Americans......the party is divided. While I know quite a few of you love me. There are many of you here that feel ineffectual toward me. And some of you that down right despise me. I understand that and acknowledge that. But let's not lose sight of the bigger picture. If Donald trump wins then you lose you one in a generational chance to shift the Supreme Court to the left. That means for some of you that your reproductive rights may come under threat. Also there is a possibility of the gains made for the LGBT could be stopped in it tracks and stagnate at there current position. And for any of you out there that ever hope to over turn citizens United....well...you great grandchildren might get a chance to overturn it.

My good people. At the end of the day, whether you love me, hate me, could careless about me. Four year of my administration is worth 20 years of a liberal Supreme Court.

The end (mike drop).

That's how it should go Thursday.
Giving Hillary authority she doesn't have through a leftist Supreme Court is a good thing because....????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections