Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2016, 11:36 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
The initial audit may have been completed, but until both parties agree the matter is not settled. Audits often are overturned and or mitigated, particularly when a very large enterprise such as Trump's uses tax lawyers.

You are over simplifying in order to make an fallacious point.

And what fallacious point did I make? I said it seemed odd to me. I made no conclusion. I will leave make false statements to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 12:00 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,278,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
New Evidence Donald Trump Didn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

No wonder he gets audited and refuses to release his returns.
I assume if you can legally pay no taxes you'll still pay. I suggest you don't take up financial advising.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM

11,755 posts, read 7,117,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I assume if you can legally pay no taxes you'll still pay. I suggest you don't take up financial advising.
Well, that kind of statement begs the question, doesn't it? We are told that on multiple occasions Mr. Trump had to pay additional taxes, penalty and interest to the IRS (even an allegation by his accountant that Mr. Trump forged the guy's signature on 1040s). . . . . . i.e., not "legally".

Mick

Old 06-22-2016, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I have way more respect for Hillary who has averaged 33% federal tax and 10% state tax over the past 4 years. Trump is just in it for himself and screw everyone else.
You look up to people who pay a lot of tax? You might posture on this forum but you squeeze every cent of deduction on YOUR tax return.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
We are told that on multiple occasions Mr. Trump had to pay additional taxes, penalty and interest to the IRS
Mick
No one has been following the news as much as I have and I have NEVER heard of this. I must assume you just made it up.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:06 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,886,902 times
Default Taxes

If I have to get a professional. I sure Trumps taxes with all of the business units and investment taxes, property taxes and anything else the IRS can think of he Pays and Pays again.

I can not make a conclusion to this story because of the complexity of Trumps Taxes.

Pass the Advil!

Old 06-22-2016, 12:08 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
Audits are not complete, until agreed to. You get it, you said, 'the audit is complete.'

Nope, not until agreed to. So that is your lie, of simplification, and misrepresentation. You know most people have never been through an audit and certainly do not know that audit findings can change when contested.

So, you leave a false impression. That the initial audit is the final word. It is not.

This is an explanation of a fallacious argument.

If it is invalid ,(audits are not complete, until agreed to, so strike one.),or has one or more false premises ,(the premise that an audit when initially reported by the IRS is completed is a false premise. Strike two.),, it will be unsound. A good inductive argument is known as a strong (or "cogent") inductive argument. It is such that if the premises are true, the conclusion is likely to be true. A fallacy is, very generally, an error in reasoning. You get credit for an error in reasoning. If you persist, then your motive is clear. Lying, creating a false premise and an invalid argument for the purpose of cheap political points.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
And what fallacious point did I make? I said it seemed odd to me. I made no conclusion. I will leave make false statements to Trump.

Old 06-22-2016, 12:16 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,065,647 times
This is such a false equivalency. Unless there is a specific law against doing business with a company from a particular country, as during the Iran embargo, then business is business. Trump to my knowledge has never been charged with anything like that, unlike GE, while Jeffrey Immelt was Chair of Pres. Obama's President’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. Then, there is...

Selling access to a government official (Clinton as SoS), via "contributions" to the her family's foundation is a totally different can of worms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Meanwhile, Trump actually is business partners with men in the Mideast, as well as making huge profits from his business ventures all over the Mideast. So his 'self-funding' campaign (which turns out to be a joke) has been contributed to by many Mideasterners. Oops.

https://mic.com/articles/130070/here...res#.13TZEICyN

Wealthy Muslims helped Donald Trump build his empire

Old 06-22-2016, 12:24 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,273,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
New Evidence Donald Trump Didn

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...b45_story.html

No wonder he gets audited and refuses to release his returns.

the I.R.S. already has his tax returns, DUH!!!

if the government has any evidence that Trump refuse to pay taxes then have the I.R.S. file charges or send Trump a bill.

You know their is a due process in U.S. Citizens paying taxes and any violation of tax laws, the burden of proof is on the government not the citizen and the citizens have rights to appeal in the tax court.

I really doubt that after 8 years of Obama controlling the I.R.S. and the Justice Department that he will ignore any real evidence against Trump of tax evasion.

You Democrats are really silly.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:58 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
the I.R.S. already has his tax returns, DUH!!!

if the government has any evidence that Trump refuse to pay taxes then have the I.R.S. file charges or send Trump a bill.

You know their is a due process in U.S. Citizens paying taxes and any violation of tax laws, the burden of proof is on the government not the citizen and the citizens have rights to appeal in the tax court.

I really doubt that after 8 years of Obama controlling the I.R.S. and the Justice Department that he will ignore any real evidence against Trump of tax evasion.

You Democrats are really silly.
I am NOT a democrat. I am a conservative. Apparently "you Trumpublicans" can't read. These tax violations were adjudicated. No where in the articles did it say Donald REFUSED to pay taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections