Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 08:22 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,792,866 times

Advertisements

Hello.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM

6,928 posts, read 5,905,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
This was posted before. Yet another regurgitation by an anti-Trump. Maybe this is from the Clinton playbook and you just fill in the blanks with your information, but I read this same scenario about 6 months ago or so.

The Democrats need a new script.

I remember this because I suggested that the OP needed to reassure the mother and not feed the fear. Imagine feeding the irrational fear of an 87 year old woman. Of course, we are talking about the Democrats.

OP, I truly hope that you will get help for your mother. It has been a few months now. She could be a danger to herself at this point. I would talk with someone that works with the elderly and get advice as counseling or medication could be used. Please don't continue to feed the fear of your mother, that would just be cruel.

Gosh, when googling, I found a lot of older people voting for Trump, not fearing him. They remember when the country was great and want to see it that way again. They want to see opportunities for their grandchildren and the generations that will follow.

Paranoia can be common in some older individuals. Sad.
You don't even understand the whole point of the post.
I tried to reassure my mother that she need not be also afraid.....that Trump is probably like 90% of politicians (i.e. mediocre). I tried to explain why I like him. She refused to listen.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:24 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
my Mom is not a fearful person, but she is absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency.
She sounds like a pretty smart woman. Every intelligent person on the planet is absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency, and with good reason.

Perhaps instead of making fun of your mom, you should listen to her.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I don't know. There is something rather unsettling about a person starting a thread in order to make fun of one's elderly mother. I hope the OP showed his/her mother the posting first, and asking her "did I accurately represent your views?"
She will never see this... Never uses a computer.
Not making fun.....just using to illustrate.
If it's so unseemly, perhaps it's due to the way Trump hatred operates? THAT is not pretty.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I agree.......notice the poster who couldn't at least correct some of his own mom's views has not returned.

He should have asked his mom, if she supported police killings, disrespect for our military and gang members having more respect from this administration than the rest of us.
Well, I DID have to sleep.....

I did start to challenge her a bit, but then remembered her blood pressure issues.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
She sounds like a pretty smart woman. Every intelligent person on the planet is absolutely terrified of a Trump presidency, and with good reason.

Perhaps instead of making fun of your mom, you should listen to her.
She liked a Reagan a lot. I pointed out that they said the exact same stuff about Reagan ("he's a cowboy who will get us killed!")
But as I said, she told me straight up that nothing anybody ever says can make her change her mind even in the slightest.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:49 AM

244 posts, read 181,015 times
Having lived this long, your Mom has learned to see people beyond their blah blah. God bless her heart.

Hatred, greed, fear and arrogance are right there in Trump's face, these are his only drivers. He could have the Dalai Lama for his speech writer and that could not possibly hide the fact that the man cares about nothing but himself. Women, especially mothers, usually learn to spot these kinds of characters early on so they can protect themselves and their children.

Listen to your Mom.

Old 07-29-2016, 08:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
But as I said, she told me straight up that nothing anybody ever says can make her change her mind even in the slightest.
After listening to Trump spewing his own unique brand of xenophobic ignorance for the last year, nothing anybody says will ever make me change my mind about him, either. To paraphrase Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart, I know a dangerous idiot when I see one. And apparently so does your mom. Good for her.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:36 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankapotomus View Post
Hello.

hates his mother

Old 07-29-2016, 10:00 AM

31,053 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
^While we are on that ,you do know that the GOP budget cuts cut off most of the funding to the Benghazi embassy prior to the attack, so they did not have the amount of Security that might have prevented the attack and all those deaths, right?
But some how this President can round up 100s of millions to bring in Muslim refugees from Syria that his own people say can not be vetted, and provide housing and welfare benefits to other illegals. Guess he found a way to fund a bollion dollars in cruise missiles that more often than not kill civilians. Must have a hidden stash to use for foreigners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections