Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 12:22 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

"Hilliary cant make it so I'll do a press conference instead",,, about the only way. BTW, when is hills next presser?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2016, 12:26 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,932 times
Trump will say unless Bill O'reilly hosts the debates, then its not fair to him.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:29 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
He will claim that his dog (the critter on his head) ate his homework so he was unprepared.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:29 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
How about he shouldn't have to punch down and debate a criminal for public office. That should work.

Old 08-22-2016, 12:30 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,631 times
I'm assuming he learned from his NFL letter to not lie about an entity that will easily out your lie. I would guess he will now receive a letter from some really smart people, the brightest people which will tell him not to debate due to it being scheduled on a day that ends in "y". He will really want to debate badly, but this letter from really smart people will just be too much to overcome. Believe me.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:05 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'll start.

I predict Trump will back out because he claims the debates are "rigged" because Gary Johnson and/or Jill Stein aren't included. Know-nothing Trump is rightly terrified of having to face policy wonk Hillary Clinton in a one-on-one match up where he'll have no other people on stage to hide behind or divert attention to. Plus, he would rely on those two actually talking substantive policy ideas with Clinton so he doesn't have to.

A one-on-one with Hillary would only serve to highlight exactly how ignorant Trump is about just about everything the president needs to know and understand. And I think on some level, even Trump knows it.

Ummmmmm................................ Trump wants to debate. Hillary does not want to debate, as she has many, many issues to hide.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:07 PM

1,268 posts, read 798,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Ummmmmm................................ Trump wants to debate. Hillary does not want to debate, as she has many, many issues to hide.
Ummm...the NFL disagrees. Lol.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:09 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
He'll claim that the Russian mafia will kill him if he debates because they told him to stay out of the debates, knowing it will be the nail in the coffin holding his presidential aspirations.

Oh wait. That will be all be true.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:11 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
He read the same thing that I did, if Clinton is under a great deal of pressure, it could cause her to "bleed out" and he doesn't want to be blamed for sending her to her less than great rewards in the afterlife

Or, he'll be annoyed that Hillary will be answering from her living room, propped up by pillows via satellite?

Or, in the absence of Clinton, he feels it would be silly to have himself debate himself, running from one podium to the other to field the questions?

Or, he refuses to go to the holding cell where Clinton is being held just to debate her?

Well, the OP asked so needed to be prepared for the possible answers!

Old 08-22-2016, 01:21 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,176,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
I'll start.

I predict Trump will back out because he claims the debates are "rigged" because Gary Johnson and/or Jill Stein aren't included. Know-nothing Trump is rightly terrified of having to face policy wonk Hillary Clinton in a one-on-one match up where he'll have no other people on stage to hide behind or divert attention to. Plus, he would rely on those two actually talking substantive policy ideas with Clinton so he doesn't have to.

A one-on-one with Hillary would only serve to highlight exactly how ignorant Trump is about just about everything the president needs to know and understand. And I think on some level, even Trump knows it.

While I would agree that Trump doesn't come across as substantive, that is not what it always takes to win a debate. Plenty of Republicans were far more substantive, yet it was Trump who was standing at the end. Quite frankly, all he has to do is keep Hillary on defensive during the debates and with all her issues, that shouldn't be too hard to do. She is not exactly a master debater!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections