Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2016, 12:52 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
I said nothing about "education". I was talking about "smart". There is a difference. SMART people realize that.

Ken
I've found most people equate smart = college educated as in, "hillary and bernie attract the educated one's".

Sounds like we are on the same page as I agree.....there is indeed a difference.

Old 07-31-2016, 03:14 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,371,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Agreed.

All politicking aside, I believe this is what really bothers people about Trump. He has a an extraordinary inability to discern who he should pick a fight with and who he should leave well alone.

This is not a good attribute for a Commander In Chief.
If you search the Internet for "Narcissitic Personality Disorder," you will find that Trump has virtually all the symptoms. This is a mental health condition and Trump needs medical help. I'm not being sarcastic here but am very concerned that someone who is mentally ill maybe elected our next President.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:23 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump used Khan's speech to attack Islam, imply that Mrs Khan did not speak because her religion forbids it, and that Khan's words were not his own.

“If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn't allowed to have anything to say. You tell me.”

“Who wrote that? Did Hillary's script writers write it?”

Mrs Khan, still emotional over the loss of her son, speaks to Lawrence O'Donnell below.

When he runs out of things to say about his target, he attacks the spouse. Classic Trump.

I'm half expecting the low life to tweet a picture of Mrs. Khan next to his hot trophy wife. Way to treat a Gold Star parents.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:26 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,496,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah.. just leave them alone already. sheesh, the lady looks like she was about to have a heart attack or something.
She was trying not to break down. She didn't want to speak, I wouldn't be able to either. Trump acted like a pig.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:29 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,231,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
yeah.. just leave them alone already. sheesh, the lady looks like she was about to have a heart attack or something.
As any mother who lost a son would.

Old 07-31-2016, 04:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Trump makes light of the mans grief for the loss of his son.? pathetic.how low can this creep go?
One of many Urban Dictionary descriptions of the Trump thing=
Quote:
stupid, racist, arrogant, ahole, liar, hypocrite and raised as a rich spoiled-kid.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-31-2016 at 05:09 AM..

Old 07-31-2016, 05:44 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Who's HITLERY?
Can't you spell?
Apparently not.
Typical Trumpian response - can't come up with a legit answer so call them a name. Trump would be proud of you.

Ken

The Trump boot lickers better not say too much about HITLER, their boy is a 2016 clone of that madman! If I believed in reincarnation, I would wonder if Hitler hadn't returned. All kidding aside, there are so many parallels between Hitler and Trump that it makes one wonder. We used to ask how anyone like Hitler got into power...............turn on the tv tonight and you might have a very scary answer. Too many similarities for my liking.

Some will say "There you go with that Hitler stuff again", but look at the basic philosophies of Hitler. He came along when people were dissatisfied, he told them he was going to make Germany great again, and he was going to get rid of people who were not pure Germans. He was also loud, outspoken, and different from the usual German leaders.

Too many similarities , way too many.

Don

Old 07-31-2016, 05:49 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
To me, it will be interesting to see of people like Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, John McCain etc., make any kind of statement that they feel Trump went "A bridge too far", in going after the Kahns. So far it appears that the only sounds from them are the proverbial crickets.

Say what you will about Trump; he is at least honest with his feelings.
If those idiots blast Trump, Trump's numbers will skyrocket.

How many times does one have to say THEY ARE THE PROBLEM before people get it?

Old 07-31-2016, 06:01 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,526,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, see it for what it really was. Khan was disgusted that all Muslims are being painted with the same brush by Trump. The gist of his speech was that many Muslims are good Americans, and he held his Son up as a perfect example of that. He simply wanted to show that Trump's accusations do not fit ALL Muslims. He wanted to show how much his own Son loved America and he died for that love.

Stop making his speech something it was not. He just wanted to set the record on Muslims straight. Period.

Don
Absolutely this ^^^^ I think the most poignant thing Mr. Khan said was when he told Trump to take a walk through Arlington Cemetery. Those soldiers didn't die fighting for their religion. If you've ever actually walked in that place, seen the thousands of graves and read the headstones of so many young soldiers who gave their lives, it's humbling. What bothers me most about Trump is that he may not be humbled or moved by it at all.

Old 07-31-2016, 06:03 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Why is Donald Trump totally incapable of shutting the hell up? I have no pity for his campaign manager because he knew what he was signing up for, but blurbs like this have to drive him crazy.

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I
What sacrifices have Bill and Hillary Clinton made?

Bill was a draft dodger.

Unlike Donald Trump, who at least showed up for his physical and was rejected.

Hillary could have served in the military but didn't.

What sacrifices did the Obamas make?

Both of them could have volunteered to serve in the military but didn't.

Typical democrat hypocrisy....

These Muslim parents showed that they place defending Islam OVER honoring their son when they allowed themselves to be used as tools by the Democrat hypocrites.

They were disgusting, and so are the Democrats -- the party of defending terrorists, illegal aliens, and criminals rioting in the streets!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections