Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2016, 07:32 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,581,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
He was not "mad" that he lost his son in a pointless war. Or, if he was that is not what he said. He was talking about the sleazeball Trumplican (Republicans outside of their leaders who won't speak out don't deserve to be lumped in with Trump) candidate who insults ALL Muslims, argues for spying on them, and refuses to accept them as equal citizens in our country.

Some one has to speak out against importing thousands of Muslim refuges mixed with Terrorists. I don't want my Tax dollars spent on Muslims we know nothing about, when we have hungry people and homeless on our own streets. Sorry. If you don't like your own Country, get together and fix it, same as we did. Don't think your going to come here and establish one here. And yes, some one needs to be watching the imported ones already here. They kill people, in case no one noticed.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:36 PM

39,274 posts, read 27,671,721 times
My heart goes out to this grieving family. Don't know what to think in this situation.

Trump did say ban all Muslim at one point, if you put yourself in this father's shoes, of course he would view that remark as secondary wound.

This said, it is a sensitive topic/subject. I am glad that Trump at least had the courage to bring it up. We have politicians don't even want to use the term "islamic terrorism".

Ban all Muslims is wrong and is not practical, but obviously, something need to be done.

What would Captain Khan say if he was still alive? I believe he died fighting for the soldiers standing next to him, not politicians, not politics, not freedom. He fought for those who stood NEXT to him, his fellow soldiers. Combat to a lot of veterans, is about surviving and love. Nothing more/less.

I would let the parents talk, and take their words with a grain of salt .

Tough situation.

Heroism, Brotherhood and Sacrifice - something regular folks will never understand. May he rest in peace. Hopefully, this grieving family will finally find some peace they have been searching for.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:38 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,999,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I am a Viet combat vet. For Trump to compare his getting rich to the sacrifices so many of us made, too many of my buddies with the ultimate sacrifice, and the abuse and the mental problems so many of us went through on our return is so pathetic and disgusting there just are not words that describe it. Trump is truly a chunk of dog excrement.
I'd rep you again if I could, but since I can't what I will do is thank you for your service to our country.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,506,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
Some one has to speak out against importing thousands of Muslim refuges mixed with Terrorists. I don't want my Tax dollars spent on Muslims we know nothing about, when we have hungry people and homeless on our own streets. Sorry. If you don't like your own Country, get together and fix it, same as we did. Don't think your going to come here and establish one here. And yes, some one needs to be watching the imported ones already here. They kill people, in case no one noticed.
This is the entire disconnect. Neither party is saying let anyone in. Both parties are saying vetting is necessary.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
No one said Trump was responsible for Captain Khan's death.

That's just another Trumpie deflection attempt away from the actual issue being discussed.

I would reply, if I know what to reply too. So far you made a bunch of posts, yet said nothing, except you don't like anybody. Trump really has you upset, doesn't he?

Old 07-30-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
This is the entire disconnect. Neither party is saying let anyone in. Both parties are saying vetting is necessary.

No its not a disconnect. The Democrats want thousands of them here, same as what the EU is doing, and has already brought many in. Go do your homework.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:44 PM

16,122 posts, read 10,797,985 times
Trump supporters are having an increasingly difficult time defending Trump and this is a good example. His comments are more and more embarrassing. His campaign is in disarray and faltering at every turn. It is never his fault... he always finds a scapegoat. When quizzed about he RNC fiascos he said he just showed up - as if he had no role in it. And yet, we see these folks running out to look foolish on his behalf. Trump will only get more unstable as he moves forward and faces a humbling defeat... by a girl. He is already whining about the debates because, somehow, Hillary hoodwinked him and rigged the schedule. I expect him to pull out of the debates and blame Hillary... coward that he is.

Carry on, Trump cult members, you have nothing to lose at this point.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,787,319 times
Trump's jealous that a man who speaks English as a second language can write and deliver a better speech than Trump can.

Old 07-30-2016, 07:50 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,506,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
I would reply, if I know what to reply too. So far you made a bunch of posts, yet said nothing, except you don't like anybody. Trump really has you upset, doesn't he?
No not at all. Trump called for a "temporary ban" till we can distinguish who is friendly or foe. You need to keep up with the ever evolving Trump positions. Next week may be entirely different,

Old 07-30-2016, 07:50 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,285,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Trump supporters are having an increasingly difficult time defending Trump and this is a good example. His comments are more and more embarrassing. His campaign is in disarray and faltering at every turn. It is never his fault... he always finds a scapegoat. When quizzed about he RNC fiascos he said he just showed up - as if he had no role in it. And yet, we see these folks running out to look foolish on his behalf. Trump will only get more unstable as he moves forward and faces a humbling defeat... by a girl. He is already whining about the debates because, somehow, Hillary hoodwinked him and rigged the schedule. I expect him to pull out of the debates and blame Hillary... coward that he is.

Carry on, Trump cult members, you have nothing to lose at this point.

spoken like the true democrat that you really are....... Trump is not the one afraid of the media and answering questions, its Hillary who is hiding that refuses to give a press conference for over a year.

Hillary and the DNC is blaming everybody because they can't keep a secure server and got exposed how corrupt they operate.

But its all Trump's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections