Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 05:15 AM

754 posts, read 487,016 times

Advertisements

NBC/SurveyMonkey
Clinton 50
Trump 42

Poll: Clinton Support Spikes Following Democratic Convention - NBC News

Another very big bounce for Hillary, opening up an 8 point lead over Trump. The previous poll last week had Clinton up by 1, so a 7 point swing.

The Khan story should keep her polls up for the next few weeks. If Trump avoids any gaffs (big if) we might see the polls begin to close again at some point in the second half of august.

For now though she will own the majority of this month with a comfortable lead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2016, 05:20 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,638,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
NBC/SurveyMonkey
Clinton 50
Trump 42

Another very big bounce for Hillary, opening up an 8 point lead over Trump. The previous poll last week had Trump up by 1.

The Khan story should keep her polls up for the next few weeks. If Trump avoids any gaffs (big if) we might see the polls begin to close again at some point in the second half of august.

Dont worry, It wont last. More wikileaks are on the way. They will be drawn out over the next 100 days to increase Hillarys need to constantly defend her deplorable actions.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:24 AM

39,093 posts, read 51,289,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharpshooterTom View Post
NBC/SurveyMonkey
Clinton 50
Trump 42

Another very big bounce for Hillary, opening up an 8 point lead over Trump. The previous poll last week had Trump up by 1.

I don't see Trump coming back. While he is revered by a certain fraction, that is about it. For all the rest, the mainstream from media to street, Trump is the butt of jokes and not taken as a serious candidate. Even The Simpsons dissed on him! That is just going to get worse as the election approaches and it will erode whatever fence sitters might be thinking about him. These will be Trump's good days.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:24 AM

20,160 posts, read 12,782,249 times
I'm not too worry about it. Polls are often inaccurate like Brexit polls.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:27 AM

7,685 posts, read 6,205,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Dont worry, It wont last. More wikileaks are on the way. They will be drawn out over the next 100 days to increase Hillarys need to constantly defend her deplorable actions.
AGREED!

I can't wait for the "fun" to start as we haven't heard anything yet imo - the "heavier artillery" hasn't yet been used.

I know that the actual support numbers are way different, we'll find out on election day.

IMO all polls are rigged and not even close to being accurate, they made Trump look good after the RNC just so to look "honest" and now their crooked colors are now showing again.

I live in Dem heaven (to me hell) here in NJ and I have a real difficult time finding a Hillary supporter and mind you I speak to A LOT (and I mean A LOT) of people from most regions of NJ.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:28 AM

27,218 posts, read 46,791,599 times
Khans ties to radical Islam is coming out more every day so the Khans will be history soon.

Hillary however with more lies shown each time she is on TV will have a harder time to win more voters over.

With Romney the media told us it was a done deal and people stayed home instead of voting which this time around won't happen.

The media is also belting that Obama has become so popular again and will win everyone over.

Except for border control, cops, Vets, people with common sense who see the world is not the same.

Just look at Germany where the calls for Merkel to resign are getting louder by the day!

Old 08-02-2016, 05:34 AM

5,277 posts, read 2,805,802 times
Bring them on. Trump is likely cooking up something bigger than Khan to attract attention. Tax return?

Old 08-02-2016, 05:35 AM

754 posts, read 487,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I don't see Trump coming back.
He could easily come back, just look at the RCP trends throughout the year.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2016 - General Election: Trump vs. Clinton

In late March, he was embroiled in controversy with the refusal to disavow David Duke, and encouraging riots at his rallies (which lead the riots in Chicago). Numbers collapsed, but he laid low throughout april with Paul Manafort playing a bigger role in his campaign and before you know it a few weeks later he was tied with Hillary in mid may.

In late may/early June he was embroiled in more controversy with the insane attacks on Judge Curiel, and then boosted by his pathetic response to the Orlando massacre, which saw his poll numbers completely collapse again. He laid low for the rest of June and by mid July his numbers just before the convention were near even, and after the convention he overtook her.

Late july/early august attacks on the Khan family, polls collapse (aided by Hillarys convention) we'll have to see how he behaves over the next few weeks. But IF he does behave, don't be surprised to see him bounce back up again.

The reason why he keeps getting back up is because 70% of the country is heading in the wrong direction and the country DOES NOT WANT TO F***ING ELECT HILLARY. They're DESPERATE for an alternative, they keep wanting to give Trump chances but he keeps scaring them away.

Trump is without doubt the worst presidential nominee for main party in my lifetime, utterly useless.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:39 AM

13,826 posts, read 8,046,023 times
HC vs. Trump is misleading. This will be a 4-way race.

When the other two candidates are factored in the HC lead is noticeable less

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...tein-5952.html

Old 08-02-2016, 05:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,273,228 times
This is an online poll. They are ever so slightly better than worthless.

They are completely dependant on who visits the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections