Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 10:09 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times

Advertisements

Everyone is entitled to, and has, their own opinion........here is mine. There is something very irrational about Donald Trump's behavior. It doesn't take a mental health professional to see that he has no self control. It is not just Trump being Trump, or that he says what he thinks, it is deeper, much deeper than that.......and more scary. Truly bizarre.

Even when he is ahead, he can not control himself to take advantage of that, he has to blurt out attacks and nasty comments that come back to hurt him. Then there are the lies. Everyone on his team talks about Hillary and lying, but, my God, Trump has been caught in lies that verge on being absolutely ridiculous. Like when he said he never met Putin, but had earlier said he and Putin became friends while on 60 minutes together. Or, when he said he got a letter from the NFL, and they later said they had not done it.

Donald has one quality......he is a salesman. A good salesman learns to read their customers, and he is adept at that. He saw a discord in the country, and started saying back to people the words they were feeling. But that does not equate into making him suitable or with skills to run America. When pushed, watch him back peddle and squirm out of giving a truthful answer.........that is the salesman in him.

I think, as the pressures of this campaign tear at him, we are going to see him get more and more unhinged. He basically has the mentality and vocabulary of a 4th grader, and he has to be feeling the pressure from all around him to come up with solid answers and plans. Something I do not think he is capable of doing.

Don

Old 08-02-2016, 10:12 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
[quote=don1945;44985269]Everyone is entitled to, and has, their own opinion........here is mine. There is something very irrational about Donald Trump's behavior. It doesn't take a mental health professional to see that he has no self control. It is not just Trump being Trump, or that he says what he thinks, it is deeper, much deeper than that.......and more scary. Truly bizarre. [/QUOTE}

I think down deep he's a seriously insecure person and feels a constant need to prove he's a winner.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:12 AM

622 posts, read 410,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
It's really hard to blame MSM when your candidate is literally saying the **** on television. Unless you think the footage is doctored, your arguments look a little stupid.
But he said the same crap when he was seeking the nomination and some in the media - and I am not talking Fox - were fawning all over him.

In fact, Fox was in some instances harder on Trump during the primaries than CNN and MSNBC - and especially Scarborough as well as Mika B.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:13 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
GO TRUMP 2016
You're going to love President Trump...!!
Delusional.

All he has is the grumpy old man vote. He's going to be slaughtered in Nov.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Delusional.

All he has is the grumpy old man vote. He's going to be slaughtered in Nov.
HEY! Let's stop painting grumpy old men with such a broad brush!

Old 08-02-2016, 10:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
It's really hard to blame MSM when your candidate is literally saying the **** on television. Unless you think the footage is doctored, your arguments look a little stupid.
Word. Trump brings ALL of this on himself because he believes any publicity is good publicity. Which, is perhaps true, for a real estate guy and reality television star. Not so much as a presidential candidate.

Did you see how Pence responded to the woman in his audience who was complaining how Trump has treated the gold star family? He didn't make a big deal about it. He thanked her son for his service and moved on. IF Trump had only done the same - this would ALL be over. Instead - he went on the Sunday Shows and compared his (non) sacrifice of going to work every day as being equal to the death of someone's son. The man has no emotional intelligence OR empathy; it speaks to a great character and personality disorder. THAT is why it's getting so much play.

Then - on the Emails. Instead of focusing on the content of the Emails - Trump asks Russian Government to find some more. STUPID, STUPID STUPID!

And he brings it on himself. He should STOP giving the media things to talk about. When Hillary heard the Mom who lost her son at Benghazi screaming that she should go to jail ~ did she comment? Did she try to 'take down' that Mom?

No. Best to leave it alone and move onto something else. There is NOTHING you can do to criticize the mother of a dead soldier without looking bad yourself. Trump should know that.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:33 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
But he has been emboldened by some people actually applauding the ridiculous antics and things he says. He loves the limelight, it is his drug of choice. He is on that drug high right now. He feels invincible and that he can get away with anything, regardless of how crass or out of bounds. If you watch his rallies, his people will applaud even the most hateful comment, regardless of who it is leveled at.

Dr. Drew said something last night that made sense. He said (I'll paraphrase) "Rather than look at Trump, I think we should be looking at US. What is it in US that makes some of us think the things Trump says and does is ok, regardless of how harmful or mean they might be ?"

A few weeks ago, I had a customer who started (for God knows why) ranting about how bad this country is and how Trump is going to fix everything. I was curious to get into his head, so I asked him some questions, and pushed a little for answers. At the end, all I got was:

1) Trump is rich and didn't get there by not being very smart.

2) Trump did not say all those things he was caught lying about. He was "misquoted" and the words were taken out of context.

It was like talking to a wall. No matter what I said about Trump, he planted his feet and refused to hear it.

Maybe Dr. Drew had a point, Trump is only the instrument........we need to look deeper.

Don

Old 08-02-2016, 10:36 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Every day until the election is over you'll hear continual bashing of Trump from the liberal media. . . that's to be expected.

The only way Mrs. Clinton can win is to destroy Trump. . . she has nothing of herself to offer to validate she should be the next POTUS because everything about her is negative.

Old 08-02-2016, 10:37 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,849,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Joe Scarborough says he's been fielding calls from numerous officials, bloggers, and politicians expressing concerns that there's something wrong with Trump's behavior:

https://youtu.be/PxC8P-3uajU?t=34s

OMG, more ASININE BS FROM THE DNC!

Old 08-02-2016, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Every day until the election is over you'll hear continual bashing of Trump from the liberal media. . . that's to be expected.

The only way Mrs. Clinton can win is to destroy Trump. . . she has nothing of herself to offer to validate she should be the next POTUS because everything about her is negative.
So she's in a dead heat with Donny in that respect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections