Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2016, 05:36 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 28 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,133,597 times

Advertisements

What is wrong with lefties? This fraud had to resign in disgrace, is picked up by crooked Hillary then looks to win her seat easily.
Debbie Wasserman Schultz Looks Safe In Primary | The Daily Caller
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2016, 05:39 PM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
Before this whole thing, she gerrymandered her district to make it 80% democrat, but I am still surprised she will win the primary.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:49 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
What are her constituent services like? Jessie Helms was 3 shades of goofy but he had the highest rated constituent services. That trumps *no pun* pretty much anything else.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:50 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Still being only 8 behind with 16 percent undecided isn't that bad.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:55 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
60% in the district didnt know who Tim Canova was. That is always the problem for non-establishment folks. Same problem Bernie Sanders had. In state after state, particularly in the South, huge portions of the electorate had no clue who Bernie was according to the polls. The media is dumbing down as much of the population as possible.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:56 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Before this whole thing, she gerrymandered her district to make it 80% democrat, but I am still surprised she will win the primary.
LOL democrats don't choose districts down here, republicans do.

There is no way to gerrymander that area to make it republican. It's Broward county for Christ's sake, the 2nd bluest county in Florida. All districts in South Florida vote democrat from Miami to Palm Beach county.

I detest her but she will win.

Old 08-12-2016, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
LOL democrats don't choose districts down here, republicans do.

There is no way to gerrymander that area to make it republican. It's Broward county for Christ's sake, the 2nd bluest county in Florida. All districts in South Florida vote democrat from Miami to Palm Beach county.

I detest her but she will win.
Dont be so sure. She is bringing in all the big establishment folks to fundraise for her for a reason. Biden, Clinton, Obama they're all there.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:02 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,970,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
60% in the district didnt know who Tim Canova was. That is always the problem for non-establishment folks. Same problem Bernie Sanders had. In state after state, particularly in the South, huge portions of the electorate had no clue who Bernie was according to the polls. The media is dumbing down as much of the population as possible.
The problem is the high population of hispanics in that district, they will vote for Debbie because Hillary and Biden endorsed her. Hispanics don't follow politics very closely. They rely on the crap they see on TV. Debbie is also pandering to the Venezuelans who live in that area by promising some sort of political asylum. As if we need more annoying Venezuelans down here biatching about Nicolas Maduro on a daily basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Dont be so sure. She is bringing in all the big establishment folks to fundraise for her for a reason. Biden, Clinton, Obama they're all there.
I wish but I'm like reliving the presidential primaries. Sanders had the money the TV ads but these minority idiots still voted for Hillary. Tim Canova is playing a lot of TV ads but I don't think that will be enough. I don't live in his district so I can't vote for him. My representative is a freaking republican because of the gerrymandering. But Carlos Curbelo is not stupid, the first thing he did was say that he was against Donald Trump and that's what all of our politicians do down here whether they are republicans or democrats LOL

Now you wanna see something ridiculous, check the map for district 5:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florid...ional_district

Last edited by Sugah Ray; 08-12-2016 at 06:13 PM..

Old 08-12-2016, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
The problem is the high population of hispanics in that district, they will vote for Debbie because Hillary and Biden endorsed her. Hispanics don't follow politics very closely. They rely on the crap they see on TV. Debbie is also pandering to the Venezuelans who live in that area by promising some sort of political asylum. As if we need more annoying Venezuelans down here biatching about Nicolas Maduro on a daily basis.

I wish but I'm like reliving the presidential primaries. Sanders had the money the TV ads but these minority idiots still voted for Hillary. Tim Canova is playing a lot of TV ads but I don't think that will be enough. I don't live in his district so I can't vote for him. My representative is a freaking republican because of the gerrymandering. But Carlos Curbelo is not stupid, the first thing he did was say that he was against Donald Trump and that's what all of our politicians do down here whether they are republicans or democrats LOL

Now you wanna see something ridiculous, check the map for district 5:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Florid...ional_district
Florida was on a super Tuesday though, and Bernie's campaign said they couldnt prioritize Florida because they had to make sure they won some states that day and with limited funds and Florida TV market being very expensive, it was always an uphill battle in FL to introduce a person with 0.01% name recognition compared to someone like Hillary the most famous female politician in the world. The value of name recognition and free media time from the TV talking heads cant be underestimated even if it doesnt show up in the fundraising numbers.

I heard Canova said Bernie now (end of July) had 83% favorability rating in this FL district, higher than any other politician according to internal polling.

Old 08-12-2016, 07:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Liberals love criminals and they want to have anarchy. They think that by putting crooks in office to steal tax payer money they will get a share. It's their 401 K plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections