Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2016, 12:01 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times

Advertisements

I happened to see one of the "news" shows on MSNBC and the host referred to the Trump kids as spoiled brats that have accomplished nothing and simply "work for daddy".

What does that say to the average American? We are all unaccomplished? Lazy? Some of us spoiled? It sounded pretty elitist. I know a lot of sons and daughters that work for their family's business - are they bad people?

Why call out Trump kids for being wealthy? Sounds like an attempt at class warfare...rich people are bad because they're rich.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 12:04 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
I refuse to let the media and political pundits try to influence my vote. My mind is already made up, and has been for the past year.

Go Trump!

Old 08-03-2016, 12:05 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I happened to see one of the "news" shows on MSNBC and the host referred to the Trump kids as spoiled brats that have accomplished nothing and simply "work for daddy".

What does that say to the average American? We are all unaccomplished? It sounded pretty elitist. I know a lot of sons and daughters that work for their family's business - are they bad people?

Why call out Trump kids for being wealthy? Sounds like an attempt at class warfare...rich people are bad because they're rich.
There is an agenda in play. It is so transparent even if they are not. The Dems and their bought and paid for media sidekicks just want to continue piling more, and more, and more of anything and everything onto Trump in an attempt to mask all of the dysfunction occurring within their own party. Of course it doesn't help that Trump can't keep his mouth shut.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:13 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Trump NOT keeping his mouth shut is what got him this far.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:13 AM

13,709 posts, read 21,929,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post

What does that say to the average American? We are all unaccomplished? Lazy? Some of us spoiled? It sounded pretty elitist. I know a lot of sons and daughters that work for their family's business - are they bad people?

... As opposed to one of the "news" shows on Fox News Channel? Which is pure 100 percent GOP propaganda I suppose? LOL!

Bless your heart ... I'm not sure what you're upset about. The Trump children do indeed come off as creepy rich spoiled brats, which according to their father is a sacrifice on par with losing your life on the battlefield. Oh, and it's not the "leftist" mainstream media making this s*** up -- Donald Trump is saying this stuff himself -- ON THE RECORD -- while respectable journalists and *TRUE* Republican Party loyalists shake thier heads in utter dismay.

HOW CAN A CANDIDATE FOR US PRESIDENT BE THIS STUPID?! When his supporters are even MORE stupid!

Old 08-03-2016, 12:15 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
I have more respect for Trumps kids then I do for him. Eric Trump should be the candidate, not Donald.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
... As opposed to one of the "news" shows on Fox News Channel? Which is pure 100 percent GOP propaganda I suppose? LOL!

Bless your heart ... I'm not sure what you're upset about. The Trump children do indeed come off as creepy lrich spoiled brats, which according to their father is a sacrifice on par with losing your life on the battlefield. Oh, and it's not the "leftist" mainstream media making this s*** up -- Donald Trump is saying this stuff himself -- ON THE RECORD -- while respectable journalists and *TRUE* Republican Party loyalists shake thier heads in utter dismay.

HOW CAN A CANDIDATE FOR US PRESIDENT BE THIS STUPID?! When his supporters are even MORE stupid!
1. What does Fox have to do with anything I said?
2. Who's upset?
3. Why are you calling people stupid?

Old 08-03-2016, 12:20 AM

8,634 posts, read 10,152,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post

Bless your heart ... I'm not sure what you're upset about. The Trump children do indeed come off as creepy rich spoiled brats, which according to their father is a sacrifice on par with losing your life on the battlefield. Oh, and it's not the "leftist" mainstream media making this s*** up -- Donald Trump is saying this stuff himself -- ON THE RECORD -- while respectable journalists and *TRUE* Republican Party loyalists shake thier heads in utter dismay.

What respectable journalists? Let me say that again. What respectable journalists...you mean "journalists" like Maria Cardona? CNN couldn't even hold it's own contributors accountable for their involvement in the DNC WikiLeaks email debacle. Respectable journalists hold leaders accountable on both sides of the isle.

Old 08-03-2016, 12:37 AM

381 posts, read 177,317 times
They all seem like well grounded and intelligent young people--being born in wealth does not guarantee this! The parents must have done something right. Most kids benefit somehow from wealthy and influential parents, like Chelsea Clinton's $600,000 salary for being a "special correspondent". It is what it is.

Old 08-03-2016, 11:08 AM

Lawrence O

It was that guy...I guess he holds a grudge for Trump reducing him to a whiny punk on the national stage...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections