Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2016, 11:39 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times

Advertisements

You can have money and be a complete moron.

Old 08-07-2016, 01:08 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's really important to liberals to feel superior.

I can build a million dollar house top to bottom but I guess I'm an idiot because I like Trump.
Im the same way.. I live in a 6,000 sf home which has a 9 car garage, my library is worth over a million dollars, and a few other houses to boot as vacation spots, but I'm the dumb one if you listen to them.

Lefties are idiots, who argue that welfare stimulates economies, and somehow, their the superior ones.. like I said.. idiots..

Old 08-07-2016, 01:10 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
https://www.creditsesame.com/blog/cl...ncially-savvy/

This doesn't seem to support OP at all. According to this Clinton supporters earn more and higher educated.
Welfare pays very well it seems..

Old 08-07-2016, 01:44 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Who cares how smart the other guy is nor not?
A dumb voter's vote still counts just as much as a smart voter's vote.

Don't get all defensive about how smart or stupid you may be. I seriously doubt any Trump supporter is going to change his vote because someone, somewhere, called him stupid.
The same is exactly as true with the Clinton supporters.

All the name calling does is increase the nastiness level. Since it has never worked at all, except possibly to make the name-caller feel better about himself, talking about intelligence, income level, and all that other parsing may be good for the politicos, but for the rest of us, it only makes all our lives more unpleasant. More unnecessarily unpleasant.

But, like a lot of bad habits we have fallen into, it's a lot easier to talk about than it is to change.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:05 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
I am in favor of estate tax paying for health care and education. So everyone advances on their own merit and motivation. Not who they are born to or if they can avoid getting sick or family getting sick.

if you want to call it theft fine. I call fighting an estate tax fighting for a new monarchy or oligarchy.
People who are not wealthy want to pass things to their children. If you are a single person with a decent house and a small cache of savings, you will be subject to the estate tax. That is unfair.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Estate tax exemptions for a couple is $10.9 million and $5.43 million for singles.

You probably won't have to worry about an inheritance(estate) tax. Trump likely has configured his estate where there will be zero inheritance tax due just like he doesn't pay any income tax each year.
My parents were in failing health just a few years ago when the limit was close to one million and I was hearing this even then. People have a right to keep what they make and pass it on to who they choose, not to a greedy government.

Old 08-07-2016, 03:24 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,280,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's really important to liberals to feel superior.

I can build a million dollar house top to bottom but I guess I'm an idiot because I like Trump.
Kim Kardashian can build a million dollar house top to bottom.....just saying.........

Old 08-07-2016, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustermannBB View Post
Kim Kardashian can build a million dollar house top to bottom.....just saying.........
The woman is lucky if she can muster enough brain cells to pick her own nose and I would be willing to bet she's voting for Hillary. Just saying...

Old 08-07-2016, 03:50 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
While we all battle this Trump vs Hillary thing pretty intensely, we Democrats do realize that Trump's supporters are actually also good Americans and are as smart as we are. It just so happens we have a different opinion of where the country is right now and where we want it to go.

It seems the biggest difference is that Trump supporters think things stink and something radical needs to happen to change it all. We, on Hillary's team, love the way America is right now and want things to continue to improve as they did under Obama. You are unhappy, we are happy.

Who is right and who is wrong ? We are not going to convince any of you, and neither will you alter our feelings one bit. So, I guess we just need to agree to disagree, and that is simply America.

Don

Old 08-07-2016, 04:29 PM

30,371 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
While we all battle this Trump vs Hillary thing pretty intensely, we Democrats do realize that Trump's supporters are actually also good Americans and are as smart as we are. It just so happens we have a different opinion of where the country is right now and where we want it to go.

It seems the biggest difference is that Trump supporters think things stink and something radical needs to happen to change it all. We, on Hillary's team, love the way America is right now and want things to continue to improve as they did under Obama. You are unhappy, we are happy.

Who is right and who is wrong ? We are not going to convince any of you, and neither will you alter our feelings one bit. So, I guess we just need to agree to disagree, and that is simply America.

Don
The difference is that Dems want to be lied to and Republicans want to be told the truth.

When Hillary said she was going to give college to everyone free, free health care, increase the minimum wage, lower unemployment, increase incomes, lower the deficit, bring in more Jihadists (at taxpayer expense and on the dole) to make us safer, make the border even more porous, and cut taxes fo rthe middle class....Republicans realize it for what it is, more lies. Democrats want to be lied to and will vote for the biggest liar....and that's their candidate in summary.

Republicans see that if you bring in more Jihadists it's not going to make us safer, when you make the border porous and flood the labor market with cheap labor it's going to hurt job prospects for lower income Americans, when you promise a massive increase in benefits, you can't lower the taxes on the middle class and if you try to get all of that from the wealthy, they are going to move their capital to somewhere where it won't be confiscated....Venezuela is our future if we continue the Dem path.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections