Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 02:45 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Anyrhing is possible.

Is REM still performing? They're from Athens GA. I keep thinking of their lyrics

"It's the end of the world as we know it..."
And I feel fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 07:02 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,229,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
NC Republicans have some serious concerns this year.

HB2 (The "bathroom law") is a huge slap in the face to the GOP, and is costing millions of dollars to the state. Many companies have pulled plans, the most visible being the NBA moving the all-star game out of Charlotte. The GOP will pay heavily for that.

Another is the GOP's unconstitutional voting laws, that have been struck down and they are STILL trying to waste tax-payer dollars to fight it.

The GOP's absolute dismantling of our education system, which was at one time a great system and is now 49th (I think) in the US.

There is also McCrory's ties to Duke Power, the Dan River Coal-ash spills and general chroniism with the power industry.

I realize that the last example can and does apply to most politicians, and it knows no party lines, but these examples, and other similar ones have have made NC the laughing stock of the nation, and most of us are fed up with it. I am pretty sure McCrory will lose reelection to a fairly popular Roy Cooper, and that the GA may remain republican, but will take some hits too.... Just my prediction.

...If Trump wins here, it will be by a tight margin, and I will be embarrassed for the state I love.

The highlighted section is 100% false, NC Schools are currently ranked 19th in the nation!

As for as the presidential election, Hillary must be pretty scared that she isn't going to win NC because every other commercial on TV is an ad for her.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:08 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
He'll lose NC too. Those folks are just a little slower at losing patience with him

Ken

Old 08-04-2016, 07:10 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
Hilary creates international crisis like ISIS. It's a huge international crisis.
Trump-like typing detected.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:11 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,295,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCviaMD View Post
The highlighted section is 100% false, NC Schools are currently ranked 19th in the nation!

As for as the presidential election, Hillary must be pretty scared that she isn't going to win NC because every other commercial on TV is an ad for her.
The difference is she doesn't to win NC. If she wins there it means she's probably willing every other battleground because in past elections it's been the most Republican leaning one. It's vital for Trump but not so much for Hillary.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:16 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,988,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Trump-like typing detected.
Maybe he finally joined CD?

Old 08-05-2016, 04:36 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,359,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
The difference is she doesn't to win NC. If she wins there it means she's probably willing every other battleground because in past elections it's been the most Republican leaning one. It's vital for Trump but not so much for Hillary.
It's probably more critical for NC voters to dump McCrory as the governor.

Old 08-05-2016, 04:45 PM

11,610 posts, read 10,443,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Biased polling organization?

<<
Founded in 2005, the Civitas Institute is a Raleigh, NC-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit policy organization committed to creating a North Carolina whose citizens enjoy liberty and prosperity derived from limited government, personal responsibility and civic engagement. Civitas conducts the only regular live-caller polling of North Carolina voters.>>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections