Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2016, 06:10 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,466,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wall st kid View Post
insulting a gold star family? i don't know, seems like the 'khan man' started things, trump was just responding to a cheap shot.
When Khan gets up and voices oppositions to Trumps STATED POLICY PROPOSALS, it's not a cheap shot! It is what you should be open to when you're running for President.

When Trump gets up and in return insults Khan and insinuates his wife doesn't have her own opinions and voice because of her religion, that is an offensive cheap shot!

Learn the difference!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2016, 06:11 PM

7,832 posts, read 4,577,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
No, he didn't need to address it at all. All he needed to do was ignore it and move on. He seems to believe that he has to personally respond to any level of criticism though. He did the same thing in his rally today. Saw a ad made talking about the comments he made about Megyn Kelley and that disabled reported. Then had to focus on it at his rally. As long as the dems keep drawing him out and he keeps responding this makes it harder for him to actually woe undecided voters. And the time left is quickly starting to run out.
Same could be said of his supporters. Honestly, I've never seen so many mush for brains comments out of people than his crowd. Just a moment ago there was a post that characterized liberals as 'filthy'. My God, we're Americans, same country, same constitutions. Sad.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:15 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,375,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When Khan gets up and voices oppositions to Trumps STATED POLICY PROPOSALS, it's not a cheap shot! It is what you should be open to when you're running for President.

When Trump gets up and in return insults Khan and insinuates his wife doesn't have her own opinions and voice because of her religion, that is an offensive cheap shot!

Learn the difference!
If Trump has to react to anything and everything he perceives as negative, he shouldn't be running for President. He'll get a broken thumb in the first week.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,660,065 times
I saw all of the new polls today on TV. Unless something changes significantly, I think Trump is toast at this point. I'm mentally preparing myself for a Hillary presidency. Maybe vote for Gary Johnson instead in hopes that 3rd parties can become part of the larger debate next time. We'll see how things look by the end of October.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:20 PM

1,043 posts, read 901,282 times
The momentum is building behind Trump.

Given that Hillary is a proven liar and a crook people don't know where else to turn so they look to Trump's message and see that it's actually a very good looking plan.

I know I would have been hesitant to say I was a Trump supporter even to close friends up until a few weeks ago.

Also I'm hearing people speaking opening in public about supporting Trump. Even one guy at the restaurant was trying to be hushed by his friends before getting more fired up and saying he didn't care if people heard him.

This is in central Los Angeles - very liberal area.

We've got a long way to go to the Election and I suspect the momentum will continue to grow.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:38 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
The momentum is building behind Trump.

Given that Hillary is a proven liar and a crook people don't know where else to turn so they look to Trump's message and see that it's actually a very good looking plan.

I know I would have been hesitant to say I was a Trump supporter even to close friends up until a few weeks ago.

Also I'm hearing people speaking opening in public about supporting Trump. Even one guy at the restaurant was trying to be hushed by his friends before getting more fired up and saying he didn't care if people heard him.

This is in central Los Angeles - very liberal area.

We've got a long way to go to the Election and I suspect the momentum will continue to grow.
How in the world do you figure Trump has momentum?? He is embroiled in controversy after controversy, his poll numbers are dropping faster than his companies can declare bankruptcy. You call this momentum? It is true, his supporters are living in an alternate reality.

Last edited by kingtodd; 08-04-2016 at 06:51 PM..

Old 08-04-2016, 06:49 PM

1,043 posts, read 901,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingtodd View Post
How in the world do you figure Trump has momentum?? He is embroiled in controversy after controversy, his poll numbers are dropping faster than his companies can delclare bankruptcy. You call this momentum? It is true, his supporters are living in an alternate reality.
I love how his 'controversy after controversy' is so harped on by the media while Hillary was caught mishandling classified information, helped rig and election, helped create ISIS, flip flops on all her issues and at the same time gets a free pass from the press and people like you.

Trump's so called scandals pale in comparison.

All I'm saying is the man has over 10 million FB likes and they keep growing, his rallies are huge and overflowing, liberals that I know are voting for him, and many polls have him ahead.

So say whatever you want.

According to my definition of momentum - he has it.

Old 08-04-2016, 06:52 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,358,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
He didn't, he expressed that a Mexican judge would not give him a fair shake and given the fact that everyone believes the lie that he hates Mexicans, I don't blame him.
One of the most stooooopid statements I've ever seen on this board - and a real testament to the reason WHY Trump supporters still continue to support that moron. They don't get it any more than he does.
If you really don't understand WHY what Trump said is sooooooo insulting, there really is NO hope for you folks.
UNBELIEVABLE!

Ken

Old 08-04-2016, 06:56 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,126,296 times
Quote:
I love how his 'controversy after controversy' is so harped on by the media while Hillary was caught mishandling classified information, helped rig and election, helped create ISIS, flip flops on all her issues and at the same time gets a free pass from the press and people like you.

Trump's so called scandals pale in comparison.

All I'm saying is the man has over 10 million FB likes and they keep growing, his rallies are huge and overflowing, liberals that I know are voting for him, and many polls have him ahead.

So say whatever you want.

FB likes?!?!?! Thats meaningless. Cite me a credible poll (not one from a right wing conspiracy site) taken in the last few days that shows him ahead. Hillary is a known commodity; she has a 30+ year old record and people have enough information from which to make an informed decision. Trump won't even release his tax returns for crying out loud...He is the most unsavory candidate in recent memory. People claim to hate Clinton for some of the very things they love about Trump...The height of hypocrisy.

Old 08-04-2016, 07:17 PM

47,010 posts, read 26,062,966 times
Quote:
Technically, you're indisputably right - downhill movement has momentum, after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections