Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2016, 07:04 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Like saying Bill will vote for Hillary.

Let me save you all the trouble. Tomorrow some __________ establishment republican will say they aren't supporting Trump.

There you go, no need to post about it anymore.

In case you all missed the memo, Trump ran against the republican establishment. What part of that did you miss?

Furthermore, those supporting Trump care less if any establishment republican organizations or groups come out to support him. All it does is continue to galvanize their support for him.

How, after all this time, can liberals be so oblivious to what has happened that they think any of this is news? Are they all that daft?
5 Star post! I have noticed that, they are listing each Republican and/or some better known individual that isn't supporting Trump. I am not sure why I should care.

Maybe this should be a "sticky" and each day, they just list the name and anyone that gives a darn can refer to that "sticky".

Well, what else can they really discuss while we wait for the next hit from Wiki Leaks? The Dems platform is "lie or deflect" and they serve it well. They are getting warmed up for the fire storm ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2016, 07:10 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
5 Star post! I have noticed that, they are listing each Republican and/or some better known individual that isn't supporting Trump. I am not sure why I should care.
You should care because his own party is running away from him as fast as they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, what else can they really discuss while we wait for the next hit from Wiki Leaks?
Assange is working on getting Trump's tax returns. I wonder, will you cheer when he leaks them to the world?

Julian Assange Says Wikileaks Is Working On Hacking Trump's Tax Returns

Old 08-06-2016, 07:34 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,938,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Assange is working on getting Trump's tax returns. I wonder, will you cheer when he leaks them to the world?

Julian Assange Says Wikileaks Is Working On Hacking Trump's Tax Returns
I wouldn't care as long as he didn't commit major tax fraud.

Old 08-06-2016, 07:55 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
No surprise here that they are not going to support Trump. They are well educated, smart, and probably affluent, so they are able to rationally look at a candidate and know if he is worthy of support or a potential problem. They are simply not fooled by his dog and pony antics, hiding the fact his is dangerous and is not fit to run this country.

These Harvard people are thinkers who make decisions on facts, not conjecture or emotions. Kinda bears out what some people have been saying about the folks who do support Trump not being as well educated or informed.

Don

Old 08-06-2016, 07:58 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Harvard is the birthplace of the American Globalist so no surprise there.
Exactly. They aren't the Republicans of old. Not by a long shot. They are basically RINO'S.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Geesh. Who isn't a RINO in your eyes these days?

But you know who definitely is a RINO? Donald Trump. He's the biggest RINO of them all, because up until a few years ago he was a Democrat who not only donated to the Clintons on a regular basis, but is on record praising Hillary and saying she would make great president. He calls himself a Republican, but most of his own party hates him. No one will campaign with him. Politicians who are seeking reelection are running away from him as fast as they can.

When the majority of a party doesn't like you and you are on record as praising and supporting the opposition party for years, that makes you the RINO, not the other way around.
Business men donate to whoever suits their interest. I'm not hating on that. Hillary supporters should be worried that one of her donors was the description they give for Donald Trump. Is it possible someone "like that" was able to use money to influence her?

BTW - I don't think most people care what republicans do. Trump supporters don't seem to be as "sheepish" as dems or the traditional political model....they don't really care who the big wig party people align with.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Business men donate to whoever suits their interest. I'm not hating on that.
REAL Republicans didn't like Hillary back in 2008 any more than they like her now. Did you ever, even once, see a REAL Republican have anything nice to say about Hillary in 2008? Yet Trump said then that Hillary would make a great president.

There's your RINO.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:17 AM

Quote:
REAL Republicans didn't like Hillary back in 2008 any more than they like her now. Did you ever, even once, see a REAL Republican have anything nice to say about Hillary in 2008? Yet Trump said then that Hillary would make a great president.

There's your RINO.
Maybe there was something in it for him? He wasn't a politician so who cares who he threw his weight behind? Pretty sure "RINO" is a term to describe politicians. Hillary supporters should be more concerned about WHY someone they describe as Donald Trump would EVER support Hillary. Trump's support of Hillary should tell you more about Hillary than it does Trump.

Old 08-06-2016, 08:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb Harvard Republican Club Will Not Support Trump

Harvard Republican Club Will Not Support Trump

Two things:

1. They're smart

2. They're not alone

Old 08-06-2016, 08:55 AM

Quote:
So you admit Trump is nothing more than an opportunist who will support anyone as long as it benefits him? Isn't that the biggest complaint the cult has against Democrats, and in particular, minorities, who they claim only support the party for what's in it for them? Hypocrisy much?
A business man is free to be an opportunist. A business man's only loyalty is to the dollar and shareholders. They SHOULD support anyone that benefits their own interest as long as it isn't breaking any laws. Do you rage against all the companies that ship jobs off to other countries to make bigger profits?

Quote:
Donald Trump is the Republican nominee for president. That makes him a politician. And his past support and open admiration for a hated Republican opponent not so long ago makes him a RINO today.
He'll be a politician the day he receives a paycheck from the American taxpayers. He'll be a RINO the day he doesn't support the positions he held the day before he's elected president. What he did as a private citizen business man is irrelevant.

Quote:
OMG, I laughed so hard at this line that I scared the cat. So it's Hillary's fault that Donald supported her?
You don't worry about why someone described like Donald Trump supported the candidate you love?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections