Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2016, 06:50 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,121,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Anyone agreeing with this mentally unstable statement should be banned from ever owning a firearm for obvious reasons.

Most of the 2A supporters I know, including me, are open about how they are responsible gun owners and handle and store their firearms in a safe and secure manner. Some, however, are way off the rails and quite capable of mayhem. To plant such a suggestion, to even insinuate that there is a Second Amendment Solution to a political argument, rises to the level of an open threat, because there is someone out there who will take it to heart that the only way to stop any threats to gun controls is through assassination of federal judges and/or a president. I hope the FBI and the Secret Service both have words with Mr. Trump about this. If someone in the crowd had made the statement they would be in a closed meeting with a lot of unsmiling men in black suits about now.

In America we fight our internal battles with ballots, not bullets, and we will continue to do so is we intend to continue to call ourselves civilized. Anyone fomenting and encouraging violence as a part of our legislative process forfeits the right to call themselves American.
You are unwittingly part of the problem. The Second Amendment absolutely was written as a warning to the despots that wish to take America down.
But the "ballots, not bullets" thing was cute.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Is this the behavior that you're suggesting we should expect from gun nuts? Death threats? "insinuating" violence?
You set up the scenario pal. The solution is easy.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Great article, dsb. What Trump is doing is engaging in something called stochastic terrorism, which is the use of mass communications to stir up random lone wolves to carry out violent or terrorist acts that are statistically predictable but individually unpredictable.

Here's how it works:

Trump is following this so closely it's almost like he has a script...
Yawn.........

Old 08-10-2016, 06:59 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
OMG you Leftists never give up. Let me help you with this. WE DON'T CARE.
Of course they won't give up because the only way Hillary can win is to destroy Trump. . . she has nothing of herself to validate she should be the next POTUS. That's why everyday the liberal biased media begins and ends their shows with Trump bashing. . . this will continue until the election is over.

And if Trump wins, they'll keep on it for the next four years.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:11 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Rationality and logic has been completely obliterated this election. I can't believe he said that to NC. Please see idiocracy to see the reality the GOP has catapulted the State and Nation into.
Rationality and logic have long been missing from our elections and those we elect.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:12 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,060,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Donald Trump scares me sometimes.

The guy says such stupid things. I mean STUPID!

Donald Trump divides Americans, not unites us. He's a clown and a buffoon.
He does say stupid things but what divides the country even more is when the media takes every chance they have to twist what he says into things much worse than the actual statement. I would interpret this as a call to action (politcal action) just as I would have recognized then candidate Obama was not calling for his followers to brings guns to the political fights.

Responding after Mr Khan attacked him is attacking a gold star family. It was stupid for him not to have handled it differently but it was not the heinous act it was protrayed to be.

Etc,etc

Old 08-10-2016, 07:14 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
When a presidential nominee comes out and suggests she will pack the Supreme Court with leftist leaning anti-gun judges, what did you expect.
There is an easy solution to this situation. The Left can back-off with the gun threats. But likely you will continue down the path of inciting conflict.
Please provide the quote where Mrs. Clinton said she wanted to pack the court with leftists -- because she didn't say what you attribute to her.

The constitution is pretty clear, the President nominates and the Senate confirms. The constitution is silent on ideology.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:15 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf39us View Post
Is this the behavior that you're suggesting we should expect from gun nuts? Death threats? "insinuating" violence?
Gun nuts? When I hear that term I see people who arm Mexican drug cartels and run guns out of foreign countries to arm the terrorists.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:22 AM

952 posts, read 518,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Gun nuts? When I hear that term I see people who arm Mexican drug cartels and run guns out of foreign countries to arm the terrorists.
Kinda like Reagan and Ollie?

Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Please provide the quote where Mrs. Clinton said she wanted to pack the court with leftists -- because she didn't say what you attribute to her.

The constitution is pretty clear, the President nominates and the Senate confirms. The constitution is silent on ideology.
I heard Hillary's dog whistle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections