Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 AM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Even a semi-competent high school student would be running a better campaign right now. Its a disgrace, and if Hillary even had a shred of decent competition she would have no chance, but instead Trump is essentially rolling out the red carpet right to the front door of the White House for her.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2016, 07:28 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
No, he will not continue to alienate voters. Everything done now will be forgotten by the time people vote. .
Trump is alienating voters daily.

Quote:
If I put it out there right now, people will forget and you'd have a chance to "smooth" it over with whatever you were comfortable doing (in Hillary's case she has no conscience) but in those last 2 weeks, chances of you making much headway would be slim and people take the picture I painted for them to the voting booth.

An education in business, especially advertising.............
The fatal flaw in your argument, if we apply this analogy to Hillary and Trump is that all Hillary has to do is run an ad with Trump's "greatest hits" a couple of weeks before the election. Insulting McCain, mocking the handicapped reporter, calling for violence at his rallies, the material is ENDLESS and it was all provided by Trump himself. Talk about being hoist by your own petard!
That is what people will take into the voting booth!

All Hillary really needs to do is play the "straight man" to Trump's crazy. All she has to do is remain calm, presidential and let Trump be Trump.
If she defines him as unstable and unpresidential, he won't disappoint.

If Trump were smarter and had any self control or could keep his ego in check, the election would be about politics as usual versus change. Instead it will be about sane and steady versus unstable.

Sorry folks! Fear is a bigger motivator than the desire for change.
Ironically, Trump plays on fear with his racism, xenophobia but it will be fear that does his campaign in once people become frightened at the prospect of an unstable POTUS.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:30 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
We need someone ambivalent. Yes maybe Trump is not the best specimen of this but we need someone that isn't worried about the next election.

I would love to see someone that said "here are my principles, here is what I am going to do, agree and vote for me or not".

If they really did that, it would be quite refreshing. Is that Trump? I have no idea but being ambivalent is not a negative. I've seen Gary Johnson be the same way. I've seen him take a position that he knew might not be popular but he will shrug his shoulders and say it is what it is, vote for me or not.

Old 08-10-2016, 07:31 AM

952 posts, read 518,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trump knows exactly what he is doing and he knows his followers .... don't.
Exactly. They don't know they're being pimped...

Old 08-10-2016, 11:50 AM

3,562 posts, read 4,396,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Trump knows exactly what he is doing and he knows his followers .... don't.
Trump is calculating.

Whatever his intentions - be it destroying the GOP, or ensuring his endorsers are marked and politically crippled for life, etc. - he knows exactly what he's doing.

Even if he loses to Hillary, he's gonna make sure he doesn't come out a loser, period!

In one way or another, Trump is gonna come out on top no matter the ravages left in the wake of his unbridled path.

And even though this all seems like a very bad dream, this is the stuff of history.

Movies will be filmed. Books will be written. And we - especially Trump himself - will talk about this for generations.

Still, it's saddening to see those poor blind saps defending every inexcusable remark he makes.

Worse even is to see [so-called] leaders like Paul Ryan denounce Trump, yet endorse his candidacy. That's political double speak, and a major lack of testicular fortitude.

Old 08-10-2016, 11:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,629,144 times
Pence took this job because his future wasn't looking too bright. He has gone too far right for most voters. Trump is a new Republican and he wants to cement his good standing with the far right . Trump has proven he's not presidential material quite a while ago.

Old 08-10-2016, 12:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,754,224 times
Quote:
No, he will not continue to alienate voters. Everything done now will be forgotten by the time people vote. And, there will be the constant holding him up against Hillary and........... I don't consider him a "frog" and if I did, I would be horrified that he will be debating a "snake"!
I won't forget. If he were to behave perfectly from this moment forward (and you KNOW he won't), I still wouldn't forget.

Seems to me what you are saying is that in order to win, Trump needs voters with minuscule attention spans and zero analytic ability. If that's what you mean, then yes, I agree with you, that IS who he needs. The question then becomes, if YOU are not a voter with a minuscule attention span and zero analytic ability, why are you supporting him?

Old 08-10-2016, 12:56 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
IMO Trump is going off the deep end. In the beginning I was all for him, but now, I'm voting for my golden retriever.

Old 08-10-2016, 02:53 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I won't forget. If he were to behave perfectly from this moment forward (and you KNOW he won't), I still wouldn't forget.

Seems to me what you are saying is that in order to win, Trump needs voters with minuscule attention spans and zero analytic ability. If that's what you mean, then yes, I agree with you, that IS who he needs. The question then becomes, if YOU are not a voter with a minuscule attention span and zero analytic ability, why are you supporting him?
I can't educate you on what I am saying. It is not a theory, it is time proven. Geesh, I am so surprised that so many people are just unaware how things work. Tell me what your background is in business, especially in the area of advertising and then explain to me why it won't work, otherwise, I am hearing nothing but white noise.

Why am supporting Trump? Glad you asked as I am always thrilled to share. Trump is the only candidate that from the beginning addressed the real issues facing our country: 1. economy 2. jobs 3. security and 4. healthcare. Anyone that looks at the methodology of many of the polls will realize that they trust Trump over Clinton on at least 3 of those issues. I first voted in 1972 at the age of 18 so have been sizing up candidates for some time now. I am a "proud veteran supporting Trump" like my t-shirt says. My son is active duty and I want Trump as his Commander-In-Chief. I feel that Trump is patriotic and he is the candidate for anyone that wants to see the sovereignty of the US protected and also our constitutional rights. I could go on, but that is really the high points. Again, thank you for asking!

Old 08-10-2016, 04:29 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
I think Mike Pence needs to get one of those T-Shirts, pointing to the right, which says:
"I'm with STUPID! →"

Trump is far from stupid.. he created an empire with his brains.. Hillary got money through corruption selling favors when she was Secretary of State. Hillary has a front called a charity where the countries of the middle east give her tens of millions of dollars... she is bought and paid for.. that money went to the Clintons , not the charity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections