Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:47 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
THird Partys must start much earlier if they ever want a chance.

This year the are still just a distraction, nothing more.
Children are easily distracted. Thinking adults can recognize that one should always consider all of the options before making important decisions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 03:51 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,720,252 times
I'm not sure where the line would be drawn, but Gary Johnson says there would be an income level below which people would get a prebate. Also, a few basic necessities may be excluded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yeah. I would be one but I don't like the Fair Tax being on the table with Johnson. IMHO Weld is much more level headed but he isn't up for president, Johnson is.

Old 08-18-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
I'm not sure where the line would be drawn, but Gary Johnson says there would be an income level below which people would get a prebate. Also, a few basic necessities may be excluded.
Its open to interpretation, but I read it as more than just "a few" when he says "basic family necessities" which to me sounds like a lot could fit under that umbrella.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:18 PM

Gary Johnson/Bill Weld Libertarian Party are real 3rd party candidates. They promise us they will try to do several things Democrats & Republicans have never tried to do.

The Libertarian Party is about freedom, peace, & prosperity. Fiscally responsible and socially tolerant. They would cut Federal spending 20% to insure no increase in debt. They are your people under "Where is the candidate".

Their immigration policy is *not* anything is OK. Gary Johnson is for work visas for anyone working here. This means they must say they are here, get a social security number and pay taxes. There would be a path to American citizenship if they were interested and could pass the tests. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
We will NEVER get to vote for a real third party candidate.

Where is the candidate that will CUT government and stop the horrendously dangerous policies that have destroyed our former prosperity? Will Hillary or Trump stop empire warmongering, limit government spending to what it confiscates, end the constant printing of fiat currency that we have to pay interest on, close the doors of immigration by refusing to give illegals welfare and punishing the businesses that hire them, and finally stop rewarding Big Business for sending jobs and production overseas (thus ensuring that the working class can NEVER recover)?

There is ONE political party in America: the Republicrat Party. It is 100% Progressive Big Government; the only difference between politicians of different parties is in the words coming out of their mouths.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:22 PM

Yes, nothing is finalized yet. They must get 15% by mid-September to be in debates starting 9/26. I know they care about the 100% and will do anything possible to prevent a crisis for anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Its open to interpretation, but I read it as more than just "a few" when he says "basic family necessities" which to me sounds like a lot could fit under that umbrella.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:31 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJJG2012 View Post
Clinton might be in prison or w/health problems.
Crazy talk.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Crazy talk.

True, crazy to think she might be, but she certainly should be in jail.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:52 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
True, crazy to think she might be, but she certainly should be in jail.

Loony tunes.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:04 PM

He needs 15% by mid-Sept to be in debates starting 9/26. Gary Johnson was on the ballot in 48 states in 2012. OK has reduced the # of signatures needed. Last time they were short on valid MI names until just after deadline, but neither of these things should happen again.

Enthusiastic young adult males will be campaigning for him, likely in large part of his promise to do whatever is necessary & possible to get cannabis re-legalized.

Johnson/Weld have several million in their PACs (something Johnson didn't have last time) & TV ads in key states are part of the plan. They've held off on spending because they have been getting so many requests by media for exclusive interviews (including 2 hours on CNN). They are doing some travels now to large cities for paid meet & greets & free Town Hall Q & A. Best wishes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Is Johnson even "registered" in every state?

The last I saw he was in only 39 of the 50.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Loony tunes.

I certainly hope that name calling isnt directed at me as its a violation of the TOS of the site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections