Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2016, 12:58 AM
mm4 mm4 started this thread

5,711 posts, read 3,981,910 times

Advertisements

"People on the campus of Kent State University don't like Hillary Clinton"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdJbDr9bk8

Old 08-17-2016, 04:06 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Interesting - not the huge support you'd expect - especially not what all the liberal posters on hear lead us to believe.

Old 08-17-2016, 04:32 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,958,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Interesting - not the huge support you'd expect - especially not what all the liberal posters on hear lead us to believe.
This thread is about cherry-picking.

Let's look at real evidence:

Young voters flee Donald Trump in what may be historic trouncing, poll shows

Quote:
The survey shows Clinton trouncing Trump 56%-20% among those under 35, though she has failed so far to generate the levels of enthusiasm Sanders did — and the high turn-out that can signal — among Millennials.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:31 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,018,075 times
I do find it odd that some of the Trump supporters point to Mr. Trumps' rallies as proving his popularity and how the polls must be incorrect.

For those that believe the polls are incorrect based upon the number of people at said rallies, I would ask you to determine, if possible, the aggregate number of people at such rallies. Then, compare such number to the almost 66 million votes President Obama received in 2012. Then, think.

I would also suggest that when you come up with a total rally attendance figure, subtract a reasonable percentage (such as five percent) to take in the 'curiosity' factor, meaning those attendees that have no desire to vote for Mr. Trump, but attended to see a television star, a person that has been famous for a number of years. People whom desired to actually be 'part of history' by attending such a rally, so they could witness Mr. Trump's performance, and wait with giddy excitement for him to say something that will perhaps be featured on the news. To witness protestors, agitators, and some of the rather odd people that attend such rallies.

I have no idea what the number of attendees are, in total. Even if it were, say, 500,000, spread over the past 13 months, that still is a pretty small number compared to the number of actual votes Mr. Trump will require on Election day.

Old 08-17-2016, 06:32 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm4 View Post
"People on the campus of Kent State University don't like Hillary Clinton"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqdJbDr9bk8

The polls are manipulated. My kids, all of whom are in college, graduate, or professional schools, say that essentially no one among thier peers is a Hillary supporter. In contrast, they said that MOST were ardent Obama supporters.

The press is attempting to create the illusion that Hillary is popular; however, she cannot generate the crowds or enthusiasm Obama was able to generate. People just dont like her.

This race will be one determined by who is liked the least and if the Clintons are able to rig the system.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:12 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
I really have no idea. Even if you look at youtube where you think millenials would dominate its extremely pro-Trump and anti-Hillary over there. For this reason, Google should endorse Trump to appease its audience!

Old 08-17-2016, 08:14 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,122,636 times
The polls are manipulated?

Why are Fox, Wall Street Journal and Breibart manipulating the polls? lol

Mick

Old 08-17-2016, 08:16 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,225,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
The polls are manipulated?

Why are Fox, Wall Street Journal and Breibart manipulating the polls? lol

Mick
I think they are simply inaccurate. There is no credible polling methodology currently in use due to the changes in communication.

Old 08-17-2016, 08:30 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,522,638 times
I have to say, I find it odd, that now many Trump supporters are saying the polls are rigged, not calculated correctly or whatever else they can think of, when all year long before the convention, Trump and his supporters LIVED off the polls!! All you heard were my poll numbers this, my poll numbers that, here's the proof I will be the nominee, because my poll numbers are so high and so great! Now everything is rigged. It just looks awful and petty. If the polls were rigged, they would have been rigged to give Jeb Bush the nomination, cause he was the media favorite and the establishment favorite. Trump would have never made it out of Iowa. I'm not saying the polls are perfect, but it just looks ridiculous that everyone thought the polls were A-ok until after the DNC happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections