Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 01:47 PM

11,669 posts, read 17,977,938 times

Advertisements

According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?

Old 08-17-2016, 01:47 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,460,301 times
lmao..Those are my thoughts

Old 08-17-2016, 01:48 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,133,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post
According to RealClearPolitics (the mother of all objective polling data), Hillary now has 272 electoral votes "in the bag." These are now categorized as leans Clinton, likely Clinton or safe Clinton. So, even if Trump won EVERY battleground state, Hillary STILL WINS!

What are your thoughts?
I don't like calling an election before people have voted.

and, no, I am not voting for Trump.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:50 PM

12,391 posts, read 7,112,561 times
Is this just like all the democrat super delegates were "in the bag" for Hillary before the primaries even began?

Sorry, but Trump isn't going to be like Bernie, and allow the democrats to steal the election.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,998,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
I don't like calling an election before people have voted.

and, no, I am not voting for Trump.
I agree with this. It certainly *appears* Hillary has it in the bag right now, but predictions are a dangerous thing. Unless one is fond of having to eat their own words.

And I'm not voting for Trump either.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:52 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,689,822 times
Stay home democrat ratoolies the election is over.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:54 PM

6,131 posts, read 7,998,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Is this just like all the democrat super delegates were "in the bag" for Hillary before the primaries even began?

Sorry, but Trump isn't going to be like Bernie, and allow the democrats to steal the election.
No ones going to steal anything, that's a load of bull. If Trump loses he'll have no one else to blame but himself, and quite deservedly so.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,835,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nep321 View Post

What are your thoughts?
I would never say that Trump has zero chance. He absolutely has a non-zero chance of winning.

However, at this point he is entirely at the mercy of events external to his campaign. His only chances are for Clinton to somehow blow it (as Republican strategist Rick Wilson says, unless Clinton gets mauled by a bear she wins) or for some earth-shaking event to change the narrative. I won't go as far as Wilson, but basically Clinton would have to have some huge career-ending scandal blow up (the Trumplings are certain this is imminent - of course, they've been certain it was imminent for the last quarter century) or she would have to fall gravely ill (the Trumpling are also certain - and praying - that this is imminent). External events? Terror attack on a scale of 09/11 (unlikely, but the Trumplings can dream, right?), an economic collapse (almost impossible, much to their disappointment, no doubt), some unforeseen war (very unlikely, and Trump would probably blow it by heaping effusive praise on whichever dictator started it) or epic disaster that the administration botches (a la Hurricane Katrina - too bad for the Trumplings that this President isn't as incompetent as the last one).

I'd peg Clinton's chances at 90% right now.

No race has looked this over in mid-August since Reagan and Mondale in 1984.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:56 PM

She has nothing in the bag yet, nobody does. The polls are all faked and nobody knows what is going to happen.

Old 08-17-2016, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
I would never say that Trump has zero chance. He absolutely has a non-zero chance of winning.

However, at this point he is entirely at the mercy of events external to his campaign. His only chances are for Clinton to somehow blow it (as Republican strategist Rick Wilson says, unless Clinton gets mauled by a bear she wins) or for some earth-shaking event to change the narrative. I won't go as far as Wilson, but basically Clinton would have to have some huge career-ending scandal blow up (the Trumplings are certain this is imminent - of course, they've been certain it was imminent for the last quarter century) or she would have to fall gravely ill (the Trumpling are also certain - and praying - that this is imminent). External events? Terror attack on a scale of 09/11 (unlikely, but the Trumplings can dream, right?), an economic collapse (almost impossible, much to their disappointment, no doubt), some unforeseen war (very unlikely, and Trump would probably blow it by heaping effusive praise on whichever dictator started it) or epic disaster that the administration botches (a la Hurricane Katrina - too bad for the Trumplings that this President isn't as incompetent as the last one).

I'd peg Clinton's chances at 90% right now.

No race has looked this over in mid-August since Reagan and Mondale in 1984.
What makes it look over? The faked polls or your imagination?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections