Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:33 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Since she is "hiding", I wonder if we can get the NFL to write her a letter. Why hasn't any Trump supporter attempted to spin this one yet. Why did the Don lie about the NFL letter? According to everyone of his supporters here, he will win a debate, but he needs translators to interpret his real meaning in the press. If victory is certain, why lie about this letter?
It is the concern of the low information voter not worthy of the debate stage.
But do your best to add it as a question at the debate. Explain who thinks it is an issue that effects the lives of millions of voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2016, 10:49 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
There is no doubt that Hillary will insist on a format that won't allow the moderators, or Trump to challenge her. The debates will be a scripted as Hillary can get them.

The moderators will be instructed to interrupt Trump every time he challenges Hillary.
Except Trump is the one that always tries to control everything. When he doesn't get his way he says it was rigged and goes home. I do hope he shows up!!!

Old 08-21-2016, 10:54 AM

1,268 posts, read 798,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
It is the concern of the low information voter not worthy of the debate stage.
But do your best to add it as a question at the debate. Explain who thinks it is an issue that effects the lives of millions of voters.
It's no concern that he lied about this while attempting to dictate under what conditions he would debate? Why lie? Your sure he will win. Why not just debate? It's like his missing tax returns; he knows it will be damning. Again, try not to deflect, why did he lie about the NFL letter?

A PROVEN (note the emphasis) liar as president to avoid hard questions isn't low information. The uneducated I'm sure don't care. We aren't all in that category.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:02 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,685 times
There are still many many people out there who have yet to watch or hear anything other than a 'sound bite' out of Trump.

Most people have made an opinion of Trump based on what the mainstream media has been feeding them all this time. They have yet to actually hear his ideas on making America great again.

I say this because I was one of those people. I used to be a Bernie supporter while my parents were Trump supporters - we'd argue over how he was a jerk and my parents argued he was best for the country. I never actually listened to him talk. I was brainwashed like many people into thinking he's horrible.

Then after Bernie lost I knew there was NO WAY I was voting for Hillary so I started exploring the options - and low and behold Trump's ideas where surprising hopeful. I just never bothered listening to him because the MSM made him out to be the devil.

I suspect the debates will be the first time many Hillary supporters and perhaps some independents hear him talk - and I suspect he will win some of them over.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:05 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
The **********s are displaying a whole lotta false bravado in this thread.

The second Donald gives one of his patented word salad answers (sometime during the first minute of the debate), HRC wins. He is a complete and utter buffoon.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:09 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,288,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post
There are still many many people out there who have yet to watch or hear anything other than a 'sound bite' out of Trump.

Most people have made an opinion of Trump based on what the mainstream media has been feeding them all this time. They have yet to actually hear his ideas on making America great again.

I say this because I was one of those people. I used to be a Bernie supporter while my parents were Trump supporters - we'd argue over how he was a jerk and my parents argued he was best for the country. I never actually listened to him talk. I was brainwashed like many people into thinking he's horrible.

Then after Bernie lost I knew there was NO WAY I was voting for Hillary so I started exploring the options - and low and behold Trump's ideas where surprising hopeful. I just never bothered listening to him because the MSM made him out to be the devil.

I suspect the debates will be the first time many Hillary supporters and perhaps some independents hear him talk - and I suspect he will win some of them over.
Really?

What the hell was he doing during the other debates? I watched every single debate he participated in, and even the one he was afraid to join. Sure, he is entertaining, he got in some fantastic zingers. As for policy, though? Yeah, he left me wanting more.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:13 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker501 View Post

I've listened to everything he has to say. I don't believe he means any of it.

Anyone who has lived in the vicinity of this guy for the last 20 years knows this is a pile of BS.

Maybe you should listen to what he's been saying since the 80s, and you will learn even more about him. Such as how he is guided by his ego and his ego alone. And I do not believe that people who don't like him are the brainwashed ones. His followers behave as cult members do and appear to be the brainwashed ones ignoring the reality of who he really is and what the facts are.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:18 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
A PROVEN (note the emphasis) liar
I don't know why anyone would vote for either one of them, but you fail to include that Hillary is also A PROVEN liar (see Comey's testimony to Trey Gowdy under oath).

Old 08-21-2016, 11:22 AM

1,043 posts, read 899,685 times
You have to remember that people on CD commenting are active in Politics.

Most people are not. I know many people who didn't watch a single primary debate. It's like they don't really care... they are too consumed with regular daily life things to care to educate themselves.

So yes, many people will hear him talk (instead of a little clip) for the first time during his debates. It's true.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:22 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well, I don't know of a more legitimate debate topic than the actions of a candidate while in office.

Hillary has a long track record of completely failures, corruption, and outright criminal activity.

She is going to have to answer for her past.
No she isn't. Presidential debates aren't a free for all. They are highly organized with little room for anything that goes off script. They aren't going to ask any questions not related to the job of President. Trump has never been in a real debate like this before. If the last few with Cruz are any indiction then he is going to have a hard time if he isn't prepared for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections