Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:24 PM

416 posts, read 260,314 times

Advertisements

Just caught this from our friends at Reverb Press and is easily one of the best pieces i have come across:

So you were OK with Haliburton making billions of dollars off wars while Dick Cheney was in office But now you think the Clinton's should close their charitable organization which saves lives because it's a "conflict of interest"?

You're a special kind of Hypocrite aren't you?

You can find the link here and you'll love the actor in the poster.

Old 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM

21,142 posts, read 19,722,567 times
Likewise, why was it wrong when Cheney did it, but Clinton gets a free pass? Now who is the hypocrite?

Old 08-27-2016, 02:19 PM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Likewise, why was it wrong when Cheney did it, but Clinton gets a free pass? Now who is the hypocrite?
Something to do with profit versus charity, maybe?

But, heck, shut that puppy down - who needs help from a charity anyways! According to the trumpist view, the clinton foundation never did any good at all, ever, despite the evidence to the contrary.

What Bill and Hillary Clinton

Old 08-27-2016, 03:29 PM

23,986 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Dick Cheney got deferred compensation while at Halliburton. He also nearly put the company under by buying Dresser industries. They had an asbestos problem. He either thought he could make it go away or did not do proper due diligence.

All those government contracts to put out fires in the Iraqi oil fields and the construction of Guantanamo bay, the showers that electrocuted soldiers in Iraq, etc. saved Halliburton and Cheney's pension. He did give some of his stock option earnings to charity.

IMO, Hillary as SOS and the Foundation are no different than a campaign contribution. Especially those dark money pacs.

Where is the outrage about campaign contributions?

Old 08-27-2016, 03:39 PM

Let me get this straight, must be the ratified air in Phoenix eh? A charitable Foundation that saves thousands of lives per year and has a network of employees and agencies helping countless numbers of people around the world is akin to Cheney/Haliburton profiting to the tune of 40 Billion dollars when Cheney as vice president convinced Bush 2 to invade Iraq?Know i know kat why we keep on keeping on, it's just too much fun not to.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:42 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Dick Cheney never ran for POTUS. Also, the Clinton Foundation isn't what it appears to be. I thought people realized both of those things.

Charity watchdog: Clinton Foundation a ‘slush fund’ | New York Post

Arab nations

https://www.charitynavigator.org/ind...&ein=311580204

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-never-built/

Chelsea will stay on at the foundation if her "mother" is elected to POTUS thus allowing continued "pay for play" by the Clintons. When you look at what donations did when going to her as SOS, imagine what can be bought by "donors" of the foundation if she is POTUS.

People, Dick Cheney never ran for POTUS. Geesh. Oh, he's not running now either.

Old 08-27-2016, 03:51 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Anyone who criticizes the Clinton Foundation is talking out of their behind. This organization has done so much good, helped countless people, and saved a lot of lives, that it should be beyond criticism at any level.

I know you Trumpies do not like to watch videos, especially Clinton videos, but read a little of this information of what they actually do:

What Work Does It Do?

Although the foundation has a wide array of initiatives — promoting economic equality for women, boosting entrepreneurship in emerging markets and tackling climate change — it is perhaps best known for its health care initiatives.
© Provided by Fortune Hillary Clinton And Michael Bloomberg Announce Partnerships To Close Gender Data Gaps It has several separate entities through which it deploys its health programs, including the Clinton Global Initiative (CGI). Established as part of the Foundation in 2005, CGI essentially acts as a launching pad for programs by bringing together a variety of stakeholders, including NGOs, executives, entrepreneurs, politicians, and others, who then commit to various ambitious projects. CGI doesn’t actually implement those projects itself--rather, it says it serves as a “catalyst for action.” For instance, in 2015, as a participant in CGI’s events,the infant and maternal health group Embrace Innovations pledged to bringits innovative Embrace infant warmer (which doesn’t require a fixed electricity source) to 100,000 babies in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.
Since 2005, according to CGI, it has spawned initiatives that:
  • Raised $313 million for R&D into new vaccines and medicines;
  • Helped provide better maternal and child survival care to more than 110 million people, and;
  • Provided treatment for more than 36 million people with tropical diseases.
Private firms are also in the mix. Biotech giant Gileadgild and the NAACP joined forces to recruit religious leaders in the African American community to help fight HIV/AIDS, which disproportionately affects blacks in the U.S. Medical tech company Becton Dickinsonbd, which ranked among the 50 companies in Fortune‘s Change the World list this year, has committed to dramatically cutting the price of CD4 immune cell tests for HIV-positive people across 55 countries.
And in 2015, the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) and a host of other partners pledged to build up a world-class cancer diagnostic and treatment system in sub-Saharan Africa and Haiti, including boosting telemedicine and cloud-based electronic health records systems. The project is currently ongoing.
The Foundation says that another one of its arms, a collaboration with the American Heart Association (AHA) called the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, has helped provide access to healthier meals across more than 31,000 American schools and boosted physical education, the availability of nutritious meals, and extracurricular exercise in poor communities with high obesity rates.

There is a lot more, if you just take the time to open up your minds and read a little.

And I might ask, what have YOU done to help people the way Bill and Hillary have ?

Don

Old 08-27-2016, 04:21 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Bill and Hillary used and use the foundation to help themselves first and foremost. Using the "pay for play" when she was SOS, seriously.

Also, direct support to the countries was only a small portion.

Does anyone know what the foundation did in the LA for the people that suffered the flood? I guess there was no "pay for play"? No money in, no money out?

Here

Allen West, one of my favorites: Charity watchdog drops TRUTH BOMB on Clinton Foundation - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Old 08-27-2016, 04:57 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,801,130 times
Blackwater was a giant paytoplay. Multiple billions rewarded in return for a campaign contribution by DeVos family empire.

New York Times

" OCTOBER 3, 2007
It should come as no surprise that the Bush administration would take any opportunity to reward its political friends with lavish no-bid contracts. Still, there is something particularly unseemly about the munificent payments to Blackwater, the State Department’s principal private security contractor in Iraq."

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2007/10/03...on/03wed2.html

I am not saying Clinton is right to have a foundation. I am actually agreeing it is a tempting loophole to gain access.

No party was more evil with paytoplay than the GOP. They still are. Who do you think is buying them now with their ringing endorsements of fossil fuels and denial of global warming?

Last edited by pbmaise; 08-27-2016 at 05:06 PM..

Old 08-27-2016, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Bill and Hillary used and use the foundation to help themselves first and foremost. Using the "pay for play" when she was SOS, seriously.

Also, direct support to the countries was only a small portion.

Does anyone know what the foundation did in the LA for the people that suffered the flood? I guess there was no "pay for play"? No money in, no money out?

Here

Allen West, one of my favorites: Charity watchdog drops TRUTH BOMB on Clinton Foundation - Allen B. West - AllenBWest.com

Allan B West...really, that's the best you've got AwE? Geez, the Guardian of Freedom guru eh?

I tried reading it but it started with the nonsense on 10% and i just gave it up before i threw up. That bunk has been dismissed a thousand times by virtually everyone in the game.

Then we start getting bombarded with the pay to play whine and all one can do is smile. So how much did Bill and Hillary get paid from their Foundation? I'll be waiting for your answer, because you and i both know it was ZERO. But wait, they got their travel expenses paid...and they hired friends and so what?

Damn, don't ya just hate it when that happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies