Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 AM

315 posts, read 761,841 times

Advertisements

I may actually hath to agree with the op because obama follower's have scared me into believing that they will riot if he loses to hillary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2008, 08:51 AM

407 posts, read 800,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
I may actually hath to agree with the op because obama follower's have scared me into believing that they will riot if he loses to hillary.
I am not saying this because I want to start a riot in here but it does seem that the minorities are the one who riot when they do not get their way. We certainly did not see rioting when Bush was selected as the President in 2000.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:56 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,511,038 times
The man hasn't got a clue but he does have charisma.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
The man hasn't got a clue but he does have charisma.
Very true indeed!!!

Old 02-22-2008, 09:06 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,264,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Message to NeoCons: We tried it your way, it was awful, now stand aside and let the rest of us fix things.
Thank you for that post! I'm normally one for balanced government, meaning neither party is in total control. But at this point, I think it's time for the Republican Party to be b**ch-slapped and put in time out for 4 years!

I remember back in my college days, the day after Bill Clinton was elected, I went to the office where I worked part time and was shocked by the behavior of adults working there. One woman was crying, almsost screaming, "Now the Nazis are going to come back to power and start WWIII", another claiming a "murderer" was in the White House, and a man who was so angry he had to leave the office after breaking something in his office.

I no longer pay attention to "the sky is falling/end of the world" crying Republicans. It seems to be catching among them.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Thank you for that post! I'm normally one for balanced government, meaning neither party is in total control. But at this point, I think it's time for the Republican Party to be b**ch-slapped and put in time out for 4 years!

I remember back in my college days, the day after Bill Clinton was elected, I went to the office where I worked part time and was shocked by the behavior of adults working there. One woman was crying, almsost screaming, "Now the Nazis are going to come back to power and start WWIII", another claiming a "murderer" was in the White House, and a man who was so angry he had to leave the office after breaking something in his office.

I no longer pay attention to "the sky is falling/end of the world" crying Republicans. It seems to be catching among them.
But you seem to listen to the "sky is falling" Democrats.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:16 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,205,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1980 View Post
What do you base that on? Do you mean Obama's followers in IA, HA, MD, VA and NV (among others) where he won primaries?

If you mean black presidential candidates, what happened when the six previous ones lost? What happened when Bradley lost in CA?

Your comment smacks of paranoia and some not so subtle racism.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:18 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,205,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
1.5 billion muslims will be waiting for him to give them the "okay"....
Just like our Muslim ambassador to the UN, ie the US's representative to the world. You think he's a spy?

Old 02-22-2008, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
What do you base that on? Do you mean Obama's followers in IA, HA, MD, VA and NV (among others) where he won primaries?

If you mean black presidential candidates, what happened when the six previous ones lost? What happened when Bradley lost in CA?

Your comment smacks of paranoia and some not so subtle racism.
Oh please!!!! Be honest with yourself and stop with the racism stuff. The facts are that it happens to be the minorities that are first to riot when they do not get their way.

Old 02-22-2008, 09:21 AM

939 posts, read 2,383,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post
We certainly did not see rioting when Bush was selected as the President in 2000.
That's because it was a quiet riot in my own home. I suspect alot of those were going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections