Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 01:43 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,215,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
They don't give advice when the candidates are briefed. According to veterans of the process, the briefing consists of telling the candidates about what is going on in the world so they won't be blindsided if/when they are elected.

It is highly unlikely that anyone described U.S. policy in the briefing, much less went into detail on whether Obama did or did not follow advice.
Exactly. High ranking officials like the CIA or NSA director give advice. Generic intelligence officers give information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2016, 01:44 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Briefers aren't advisers. They brief information. Trump lied again.
Typical of Drumpf. He lies to make himself look special. Megalomaniacs will say anything to get power.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:44 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
If Trump made it up then why are Democrats so worry about leaking classified information.
Now there's some logic--He's a liar, so no worries with the classified stuff.

C'mon someone...come back with a But Hillary.......!

Old 09-08-2016, 01:50 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,098,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm surprised that christie and the adviser ( roger stone? lewandowski? ) were allowed in the room during the briefing.
Neither Stone, or Lewandowski are part of Trump's team.

I can't figure out what you dems are even attacking Trump for.

I guess when you got nothing, you go with nothing. Sadly this kind of absurd non-story stuff is what makes the news these days.

Old 09-08-2016, 01:50 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Two paragraphs of the article you linked to, totally contradict your thesis, along with comments of the "US Officials," who are pro-Clinton.

First, this paragraph which states that:

Then this one that states that intelligence officials gave Obama a warning and then a proposal:

So intelligence officials don't give policy advice? That's just a bunch of BS!
Telling about ISIS as credible threat is not advice--just information...had they advised a specific course of action...that would be different.

Still amazed though..at everyone's sanguine approach to Trump's egregious prevarication.

Does it really not even matter--that he lies shamelessly and at great length?
I get all the "but Hillary is ...............fill in the blank----"

Does one person's shortcomings cancel out another's?

....or is it all apples and oranges?

Old 09-08-2016, 02:25 PM

26,578 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Neither Stone, or Lewandowski are part of Trump's team.
i know, neither is christie, and yet all three are still in contact and are advising trump.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:30 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,115,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
Two paragraphs of the article you linked to, totally contradict your thesis, along with comments of the "US Officials," who are pro-Clinton.

First, this paragraph which states that:

Then this one that states that intelligence officials gave Obama a warning and then a proposal:

So intelligence officials don't give policy advice? That's just a bunch of BS!
There are many types of intelligence officials. The briefers don't give advice. They brief.

I'm an engineer. Believe it or not, not all engineers are equal. There are inspectors, who observe and report, and there are actual construction engineers who make the decisions. You can't just throw out a generic term like engineer or intelligence official and make a general statement.

Old 09-08-2016, 02:34 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,972,454 times
I doubt they told him anything of substance.

Trump is so unpredictable they wouldn't take their chances. If he wins, just wait until he wins the election. That would be like briefing your 4 year old about how much you despise your husband, your boss, your in-laws and your neighbors knowing the 4 year old will spill the beans at any time because kids and narcissists don't have the ability to understand what self-control is.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:11 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i'm surprised that christie and the adviser ( roger stone? lewandowski? ) were allowed in the room during the briefing.
Gen Michael Flynn. He's the one Christie had to tell to shut up.

Old 09-08-2016, 03:23 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,567,322 times
If I were a member of the intel community I'd be fuming mad Trump accused them of putting their thumb on the scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections