Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2016, 08:42 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Forest View Post
It's not about her being tearful in a confrontation w/ her peers, it's about her inability to win over our trust
I think it's a little late for her to win over very many people's trust. Besides, she's been caught in so many lies, many won't believe 1/4 of what she says in the debates anyway.
As far as being tearful, no she'll save that for a rare press conference or media event without Trump there like she did when she ran against Obama, and that's only if she thinks the sympathy card needs to be played.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2016, 08:50 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And Hillary lies......some choice.
Interesting argument since Trump lies three times as often as Hillary Clinton and holds Politifact's modern record for the most "pants-on-fire" lies.

Old 09-09-2016, 08:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,947,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I think it's a little late for her to win over very many people's trust. Besides, she's been caught in so many lies, many won't believe 1/4 of what she says in the debates anyway.
As far as being tearful, no she'll save that for a rare press conference or media event without Trump there like she did when she ran against Obama, and that's only if she thinks the sympathy card needs to be played.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.739a1cf841ec

Quote:
In fact, Ms. Clinton’s emails have endured much more scrutiny than an ordinary person’s would have, and the criminal case against her was so thin that charging her would have been to treat her very differently. Ironically, even as the email issue consumed so much precious airtime, several pieces of news reported Wednesday should have taken some steam out of the story. First is a memo FBI Director James B. Comey sent to his staff explaining that the decision not to recommend charging Ms. Clinton was “not a cliff-hanger” and that people “chest-beating” and second-guessing the FBI do not know what they are talking about. Anyone who claims that Ms. Clinton should be in prison accuses, without evidence, the FBI of corruption or flagrant incompetence.

Old 09-29-2016, 02:40 AM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Well, Clinton definitely won the debate. Trump's last 30 minutes were the worst I have seen from a candidate in a long time and she was strong during that same time. He did OK the first 15-20 minutes when he talked about trade with other nations, though. She was the clear winner according to 62% of American voters in a poll. 27& favored Trump and 11% thought it was about even.

It seemed about even early in the debate, until she had some excellent talking points about Trump's refusal to file tax returns. She was basically in command from that point until the end. The funniest moment was when he got a bit desperate near the end and said "My temperament is better than hers". The audience could not resist laughing.

Old 09-29-2016, 06:43 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
I don't think there were high expectations for Hillary, since we are all aware of her history. I believe most were just anxious to see if she even stay on her feet without having a seizure or passing out, is that high expectations? I guess when you are talking about Hillary it is these days.

Old 09-29-2016, 03:09 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,196,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I don't think there were high expectations for Hillary, since we are all aware of her history. I believe most were just anxious to see if she even stay on her feet without having a seizure or passing out, is that high expectations? I guess when you are talking about Hillary it is these days.
I can't think of anyone I know that was anxious about whether Clinton could stand for 90 minutes. We knew it was exaggerated. She looked more energetic than the sniffling Trump and especially in the last 30 minutes.

Old 09-29-2016, 05:17 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Let's face it. Expectations were LOW for Trump. IF he could just stand there and act like a normal human being - he would have surpassed expectations.

But he couldn't do even that.

Even FAR right websites have folk that were disappointed in Donald's obvious lack of preparation.

In the meantime, Hillary was expected to be 100% on policy and foreign policy knowledge; come across as commanding, yet sincere; smile but not too much; lay the hammer down on Donald without looking like a *****, be gracious yet tough . . .

And she exceeded expectations.

Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections