Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do Trump supporters care that they are described as deplorable?
No. They do belive America should be white and Christian to be great 30 38.46%
No. They do believe immigrants and Muslims take their jobs and will kill them 19 24.36%
No. They do not believe women should have equal pay or have access to abortion 13 16.67%
Yes. It is deplorable to be called deplorable just because One supports Trump. 42 53.85%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
HRC wasn't wrong. I am just quite amazed that she said it! Trump has given the KKK types a voice, and they have been quick to jump on the bandwagon. Hitler did the same thing, IIRC.

What I do find amazing...perhaps naive on my part...is that if we assume the vote is split roughly 50/50, and half of Trump's voters are "the deplorables", the implication based on the numbers is that 25% of the population still doesn't get integration, equal rights, civil rights, bigotry, misogyny, etc. THAT is frightening.

At least, in her honesty, the issue is now out in the open. I knew there were plenty of folks who are living in yesteryear (make America Great, AGAIN) but the twenty five percent figure frightens me.

Is THAT what we really want in America?
That may not be what you and I want in America, but you and I are not the only ones voting. This is the inherent weakness of a democracy - it contains the seeds of its own destruction. All it takes is a powerful personality with the right timing and effective propaganda - discontented citizens can be coerced into voting against their own interests. It happened in Germany in the 1930's and it can happen here in 2016 don't kid yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2016, 11:57 AM

68 posts, read 105,397 times
He was referring to the candidate who began his political career by peddling the loony conspiracy theory that Obama was born in Kenya and who opened his 2016 presidential campaign by calling all mexicans "rapists and criminals", and who has made childish insults the centerpiece of his campaign.

He is of course referring to Donald "5 Bankruptcies and 4 Ex-Wives" Trump.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:01 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,470,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
That may not be what you and I want in America, but you and I are not the only ones voting. This is the inherent weakness of a democracy - it contains the seeds of its own destruction. All it takes is a powerful personality with the right timing and effective propaganda - discontented citizens can be coerced into voting against their own interests. It happened in Germany in the 1930's and it can happen here in 2016 don't kid yourself.
You do realize the establishment political system already is bought off/answers to donors and largely not the citizens? And the majority of the voting herd has overwhelmingly voted for these establishment clowns in who are not serving their "own interests", ie the citizens, and have been doing so for decades now, right?

Old 09-10-2016, 12:11 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Just arriving in my email would be a something entitled "Did You Hear What Hillary Called You......." Well, in all fairness, it doesn't compare to what I have called her and more than once!

The question I have for Hillary's supporters would be, why is your candidate trying to get my candidate elected?

Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
Former President Bill Clinton campaigns for Hillary Clinton in Homewood | Politics - WTAE Home

"We got one candidate preaching anger and another one offering answers," Bill Clinton said. "One candidate rubbing salt in the open wounds of resentment, and the other one taking responsibility to sew up wounds, stand us up and walk into the future," he said as the crowd cheered. "Don't substitute anger for answers. Don't substitute resentment for responsibility."

He must be talking about his wife describing half of Trump's supports as a "basket of deplorables" or his own comments about those stupid "coal people."
You're right, he is definitely talking about Mrs. Clinton and who would know her better than Bill?

It appears they are sharing their "meds".

Old 09-10-2016, 12:20 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
He is clearly talking about Hillary because she is clearly inciting hate of an entire group of people because they are exposing her corruption.

She is inciting violent protesters to harm her political opponents.

She is also calling for war with the Russians if they expose her corruption.

Hillary has proven time, and time again that she will endanger the nation to protect her secrets.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,532,733 times
Clinton has released a statement stating she regrets saying "half" . Other than that she is doubling down on calling out Trump's alt-right supporters and his pandering (my word) to them.
#imwithher

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsAvSKnW8AASGOw.jpg:large

Old 09-10-2016, 12:38 PM

21,136 posts, read 19,714,475 times
Ever since he found out his title will be First Lady, he's been trying to sabotage Hitliary's election.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:41 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
https://gma.yahoo.com/clinton-says-h...opstories.html

Clinton made the comment Friday night at the LGBT For Hillary Gala, at which Barbra Streisand and Rufus Wainwright performed.

"
She starts off with "grossly generalistic" - it can only go downhill from that beginning.

It's worth noting that this was a prepared speech, not an off the cuff comment. Add to that it was a high dollar fundraiser AND, for the First Time - she invited the Press/Media. She wanted this to be released, it's not a secret recording - it was all intentional. What kind of strange Kool-Aid Bubble does the Presumptive Queen and her Court live in?

I'm a Trump supporter and I'm just hillaphobic..... Because
I DO want America First
I DO want the rule of Law & Order to return to the USA
I DO want the Middle Class to quit carrying the Burden
I DO want a President for ALL Americans & not just the Hollywood, WallStreet & Political Elites.

Old 09-10-2016, 12:44 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,842,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Clinton has released a statement stating she regrets saying "half" . Other than that she is doubling down on calling out Trump's alt-right supporters and his pandering (my word) to them.
#imwithher

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CsAvSKnW8AASGOw.jpg:large
That is the mark of a person with brains and integrity......the ability to say " I made a mistake." Trump will come right out and tell you that he never apologizes (and he has said EXACTLY that). A person so smug as to have no regrets or admissions of human failings is generally hiding some deep insecurities. It takes a strong person to admit they may have been wrong. Trump puts up a good front, but I bet a shrink would have a field day getting inside that man's head.

Don
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections