Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2016, 12:38 PM

309 posts, read 161,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If I was inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt I would say she showed a lot of heart going to the memorial as sick as she was.
She would have been ripped apart if she had not gone. People would have said the pneumonia diagnosis was just an excuse so she could prepare for debates, and that she had no heart, on and on and on. Or they would have been sure she was on her deathbed, etc.

In terms of her health it doesn't seem smart to have gone to the ceremony, but in reality she just couldn't win in these circumstances.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:44 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I think the truth is that you're for Drumpf.

However reluctantly.

Actually I'm appalled by both candidates. It's amazing to me that out of our entire country, these two goombahs are who rose to the top.

It's downright depressing.

But hey, at least Trump's crazy comments and Hillary's bizarre physical episodes are somewhat entertaining, in a very sad sort of way. Sort of like watching a two year long train wreck - that you know has at least five more long, arduous years ahead of it - maybe much longer.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
I'm guessing if Bill Clinton died today you might be one to celebrate as so many republicans did when Ted Kennedy died.
Don't be so smug about any R's who celebrated when Ted Kennedy died. Not long ago a whole bunch of D's, some here on this forum, were pleased as punch when Scalia died.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
I am waiting for the "global warming" defense to be floated by her campaign.
That and "I was thrown off balance by tremors caused by fracking."

Old 09-13-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Healthy people don't have these kinds of issues.
Let her release her full medical records immediately. They are of much more importance than Trump's tax returns, towards giving the people the information they need to make an intelligent decision.
Wrong.

What is your definition of healthy? Have you never had a stomach virus, have you never caught a cold, do you have immunity to all bacteria, etc? Apparently Clinton has a bacterial pneumonia, which would mean she caught it from somewhere, which shouldn't be surprising considering how exposed she has been to the public over the past 16 months.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
OK - you're out with your mother. She says she's not feeling well and you leave your significant other with her on the curb - while you get the car. You pull up and see your significant other holding her up while your mom is propped against a post. You come around to assist her with getting in the car and she completely collapses. To get her into the car the two of you have to drag her off the curb and push her into the backseat.

What do you do? You go to the hospital if it's close or call 911 for an ambulance. To do anything else is absurd. But then you have reports - despite HIPPA - someone can still fax or photograph those reports. To take her to Chelsea's either demonstrates stupidity or the fact she has done this multiple times before - which isn't good.
Most of us can't afford to have the hospital come to us. But the Clintons - both public servants, and I use that term loosely - clearly don't have that problem.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That and "I was thrown off balance by tremors caused by fracking."
You make fun of people with equilibrium problems? Is it possible that you didn't know inner ear deterioration is very common among older people? Maybe you have just been a very lucky person and can't identify with people who are not perfect.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeybear2014 View Post
Please, please provide me with reliable, factual evidence that Hillary Clinton is chronically ill. If you can do that, I will believe you. This is something I would like to know too.

Different people have different tolerances for heat. Already being dehydrated increases your risk of heat exhaustion and heat stroke. Most of us are slightly dehydrated all the time, especially those of us who drink caffeinated drinks and do not sip water all day plus drink fluids which replace electrolytes. Older people are especially prone to dehydration. I am surprised that Clinton continued on with her campaign after being told she had pneumonia. That was definitely not smart.
Wow, you really do think she had heat exhaustion.

But you do bring up a good point - she's definitely not as sharp as she used to be. Far from it. She seems very easily unhinged.

And I don't have any factual evidence that Clinton is chronically ill, because she does all she can basically in every situation, health wise or otherwise, to keep factual evidence to a minimum (such as ordering the destruction of over 30,000 emails AFTER going under investigation, an action that would send most people up the river to the big house for a long time). But it doesn't take a press conference, or a doctor's note, or an official diagnosis to make it very obvious that she's not in good health.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If I was inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt I would say she showed a lot of heart going to the memorial as sick as she was.

She's had way more than her fair share of "benefit of the doubt" for decades. Don't bother.

Old 09-13-2016, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Don't be so smug about any R's who celebrated when Ted Kennedy died. Not long ago a whole bunch of D's, some here on this forum, were pleased as punch when Scalia died.
I was not a member when he died. I was not pleased that he died. I'm totally against death and the enormous pain it leaves behind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections