Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2016, 01:26 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,979,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
25 million jobs in 10 years is a drop off from what is currently happening. It sounds good until you run the numbers.

Let's see.......25 million divided by 10 is 2.5 million jobs a year. Well I went to the Bureau of Labor Statistics and in 2015 the Obama administration created 2.75 million jobs between Jan and Dec.
Additionally, we're on a pace to do better than that this year.

So what's all the bruhaha with Trump's plan, except a big tax giveaway to the rich and shutting down the entire federal Dept. of Education for our kids?
Excluding all other aspects of Trump's tax plan, I don't see anything wrong with removing the Department of Education from Federal purview. It is most likely something that could be administered much more efficiently and effectively from the state/local perspective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2016, 01:27 PM

4,663 posts, read 4,550,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagle Sam 2016 View Post
These are just cropped up claims by BS sources that are bought and paid for by the establishment and big banks. I be you believe everything Obama tells you too, just because he was elected by millions.
So what sources do you trust to be impartial?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:36 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
These are just cropped up claims by BS sources that are bought and paid for by the establishment and big banks. I be you believe everything Obama tells you too, just because he was elected by millions.
So Trump's thumbnail prognostications are more valid than the Bureau of Labor Statistics which is published monthly and updated continuously and used by corporations and businesses everywhere to factor in their hiring, firing and financials? Is that what your saying?

Old 09-15-2016, 01:37 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Any facts that disagrees with your preconceived view is dismissed. That's cognitive dissonance. The people analyzing these plans are the smart people who do it for a living.

Ordinarily, when presented with facts that disagree with your opinion, you change your opinion to align with facts -- not throw out the facts.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:41 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
Excluding all other aspects of Trump's tax plan, I don't see anything wrong with removing the Department of Education from Federal purview. It is most likely something that could be administered much more efficiently and effectively from the state/local perspective.
The department of Education budget is $24 billion a year. Trump's tax-plan cuts $4.3 trillion in revenue over 10 years, or $430 billion a year -- on top of the existing deficit. That Education savings doesn't even pray to close that gap.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:43 PM

Quote:
States are mandated by the Federal Government to educate children to a set of standards. Eliminating the Department of ED. would eliminate the oversight of those standards. Trump wants to eliminate the Dept. but keep the funding in the form of vouchers so everyone can go to a private school. Private schools don't have to conform to the constitution and can teach a specific religion, discriminate who get's entry, and other unconstitutional measures. A veritable alt right wingers wet dream.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The department of Education budget is $24 billion a year. Trump's tax-plan cuts $4.3 trillion in revenue over 10 years, or $430 billion a year -- on top of the existing deficit. That Education savings doesn't even pray to close that gap.
Again, not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain things like this to you. I started my statement by saying "Excluding all other aspects of Trump's tax plan" so I don't know how to make it any more clear. A simple statement saying that I think the Dept. of Education shouldn't be a the Federal Level does not imply my support or some sort of validation of Trump's tax plan.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
States are mandated by the Federal Government to educate children to a set of standards. Eliminating the Department of ED. would eliminate the oversight of those standards. Trump wants to eliminate the Dept. but keep the funding in the form of vouchers so everyone can go to a private school. Private schools don't have to conform to the constitution and can teach a specific religion, discriminate who get's entry, and other unconstitutional measures. A veritable alt right wingers wet dream.
Sorry, but I have a hard time buying into the fact that the Republican view (believe it goes back to at least Reagan) is to teach religion, segregate, and abandon the constitution.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:51 PM

2,251 posts, read 4,916,356 times

Brackets & Rates for Married-Joint filers (Brackets for single filers are ½ of these amounts)
Taxable income: Rate Less than $75,000 12%
More than $75,000 but less than $225,000 25%
More than $225,000 33%
So I'm in the 25% bracket - this means, I'll be paying only 12.5% taxes on my income?

That's going to be a lot more money in my pocket.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Again, not sure how many times I'm going to have to explain things like this to you. I started my statement by saying "Excluding all other aspects of Trump's tax plan" so I don't know how to make it any more clear. A simple statement saying that I think the Dept. of Education shouldn't be a the Federal Level does not imply my support or some sort of validation of Trump's tax plan.
OK, fair enough. Let's say that you eliminate the entire Federal Dept. of Education. Would you be agreeable to eliminating the funding for it also? You know, all that cash the dept dispenses to the states to educate their children.
If it's state run, with state oversight, then shouldn't it be state funded too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections