Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 07:47 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post

Hasn't anyone of these ambassadors ever heard of Benghazi?
Surprised you folks keep bring up Benghazi. Clearly, it was a result of cutbacks in spending for security.

Guess who was behind that?

Old 09-23-2016, 07:54 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,011,664 times
An impressive list. Of course, I do not recognize that vast majority of names. However, I do recognize No. 57, Thomas J. Pickering, who has had a long and impressive career. He was highly regarded by President Reagan, whom appointed him as ambassador to Israel. If I were a reasonable 'independent' and saw Mr. Pickering's name, it would at least give me some food for thought.

Anyway, Mr. Trump may now release the names of former ambassadors that support him.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:05 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
I am not surprised that a certain percentage of our population supports someone like Donald Trump. That segment is uneducated, not very bright, and pretty much rednecky. They are the people who go to professional wrestling matches and actually think the fights are real. They don't give a damn about the facts, they just want to see someone kick some butt........anyone's butt.

The segment that I can not understand though, are the rather normal, intelligent, educated people who can string two sentences together and make sense. What they see in this despicable, unqualified, lying, blowhard of a man, I can not for the life of me understand !

Look, Hillary is not perfect by any means. Even we, who support her, acknowledge she has some baggage. However, by comparison, she is so much safer and less likely to get us into trouble than Trump, that it makes the decision for me so much easier.

The other thing that I can not grasp, is WHY so many people are unhappy with America right now. I think things are going along pretty well.........the economy is better, people can find jobs (if they want them) and, while the world is unsettled, we are not embroiled in a major conflict anywhere in the world. Sure, we have ISIS and all of that, but those elements are always there and just have to be dealt with.

Don

Old 09-23-2016, 08:09 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,448,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I am not surprised that a certain percentage of our population supports someone like Donald Trump. That segment is uneducated, not very bright, and pretty much rednecky. They are the people who go to professional wrestling matches and actually think the fights are real. They don't give a damn about the facts, they just want to see someone kick some butt........anyone's butt.

The segment that I can not understand though, are the rather normal, intelligent, educated people who can string two sentences together and make sense. What they see in this despicable, unqualified, lying, blowhard of a man, I can not for the life of me understand !

Look, Hillary is not perfect by any means. Even we, who support her, acknowledge she has some baggage. However, by comparison, she is so much safer and less likely to get us into trouble than Trump, that it makes the decision for me so much easier.

The other thing that I can not grasp, is WHY so many people are as unhappy with America right now. I think things are going along pretty well.........the economy is better, people can find jobs (if they want them) and, while the world is unsettled, we are not embroiled in a major conflict anywhere in the world. Sure, we have ISIS and all of that, but those elements are always there and just have to be dealt with.

Don
Rep-
With the election polls appearing to be tightening, I'm curious how sane/intelligent people will cope with a four-yr Trump Presidency? Gotta tune out somehow.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:12 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
So lets see. Trump will completely clear out all the General Officers in all of our branches of the military and he'll not use any of the current members of the CIA, FBI, and now State Department.

Krispy Christie, head of the transitional team, will have a lot of work to do in getting all of these department staffed with experienced professionals while also defending himself in court over Bridgegate.

This should be fun to watch if the country goes that route 8 November.

I'll be grabbing a lot of popcorn watching this mess for four years.

Hopefully my former colleagues in military will stay safe if Trump gets into the WH.
I think new administrations can no longer get rid of the last administrations people. IIRC, that what is causing a lot of the dust ups at the EPA. Could be wrong, though that would be a 1st.

Old 09-23-2016, 08:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Rep-
With the election polls appearing to be tightening, I'm curious how sane/intelligent people will cope with a four-yr Trump Presidency? Gotta tune out somehow.
I am kind of like you, I feel like stepping back and let the cards fall where they fall. My life will go on, and I will be fine regardless of who gets in there (unless Trump gets itchy and pushes the button). Part of me "hopes" he wins so that I can sit back and enjoy the show for the next 4 years. I like to say "I told you so", and I bet I will get a lot of chances to say that if he is successful.

Don

Old 09-23-2016, 08:21 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,018 times
Thank you for the latest list of globalist wh*res. Do you really think posting that hurts Trump? Here's a clue...it helps him! So thank you for exposing the open border, one world government types. You are doing a great job Buc. Go Trump!

Old 09-23-2016, 08:23 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Impressive list of those who want to keep riding the gravy train and promote failure.
What exactly are you babbling about here?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:41 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Anyway, Mr. Trump may now release the names of former ambassadors that support him.
No, he doesn't want to do that. Don't you guys get Trump's appeal at all? People look at this list and think these are the people who served for 8 years with Bush then 8 years with Obama. To hell with them.

Quote:
Lol...and you think Trump supporters are ignorant?

Old 09-23-2016, 09:10 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,810,400 times
Quote:

The other thing that I can not grasp, is WHY so many people are unhappy with America right now. I think things are going along pretty well.........the economy is better, people can find jobs (if they want them) and, while the world is unsettled, we are not embroiled in a major conflict anywhere in the world. Sure, we have ISIS and all of that, but those elements are always there and just have to be dealt with.

Don

Don it's funny that I've been reading your posts for several months now and you do nothing but insult INTELLIGENT people! You liberals want to talk about us conservatives and how racists we are and how dumb we are but you all better go look in the mirror for a reality check! In case you haven't figured it out by now all your negative BS is only fueling the fire behind people like myself who are voting for Trump. Is he my ideal candidate nope,but so much better than the lying disgusting hack you have running. She brags about outspending Trump month after month but in every poll they're virtually tied or neck and neck. What does that tell you Donny boy? That MOST Americans can't stand this woman and see right through her BS! Spending that amount of money she should be 40-50 points AHEAD.

You really "Think" the economy is so great right now? Please tell me why the Fed keeps refusing to raise rates then. Look back at all the good years and what are interest rates were and that was a good economy not this fake propped up one. You "think" things are going pretty well because you'd never want to admit your guy in office now has done a terrible job. The ACA is a joke and just wait until all these renewals come out right before the election when hard working people see their rates go up by 23-40%. If the ACA was so great why did Aetna and United Health just drop out? Why has out debt DOUBLED under O? Please spare me the drivel about blaming Bush,O owns these last 8 years and has the LOWEST GDP ever for any president! He'll be lucky to average 1.55% growth rate. Pathetic,yet you still see this as a "good economy".

Quote:
Right now, the nation is probably already in a recession. The BEA's first estimate of 4Q2015 RGDP growth was only 0.69%, and there is mounting evidence that this will later be revised downward. However, making the wildly optimistic assumption that 2016 RGDP growth will come in at the CBO's current forecast (2.67%), Obama will be the only U.S. president in history that did not deliver a single year of 3.0%+ economic growth.

Again, assuming 2.67% RGDP growth for 2016, Obama will leave office having produced an average of 1.55% growth. This would place his presidency fourth from the bottom of the list of 39*, above only those of Herbert Hoover (-5.65%), Andrew Johnson (-0.70%) and Theodore Roosevelt (1.41%)

No matter what happens in 2016, Obama's record on economic growth will be considerably worse than that of the much-maligned George W. Bush. Bush 43 delivered RGDP growth averaging 2.10%, with two years (2004 and 2005) above 3.0%.
Barack Obama's Sad Record on Economic Growth | RealClearMarkets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections