Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which presidential candidate won the debate?
Trump 75 27.57%
Clinton 167 61.40%
it was a tie 30 11.03%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 03:09 PM

36,664 posts, read 67,596,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Even Trump doesn't believe that. Obviously. Because he kept right on talking, offering up more easy targets.

While Clinton demonstrated very clearly that she in fact DOES know when to stop talking.
Exactly.

These comments are ludicrous. She killed it.

#killary indeed.

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She has not been a politician for 30 years. Where do people get this misinformation??
Trump's lies.

Joseph Goebbels On the "Big Lie" | Jewish Virtual Library

He uses the same tactics about Clinton getting rid of 2nd Amendment.

14,268 posts, read 18,955,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
FYI re: Ford Co. plans

[url]https://www.bing.com/news/search? q=Ford+Moves+Manufacturing+To+Mexico&qpvt=ford+mov es+manufacturing+to+mexico&FORM=EWRE[/url]
[url=http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/09/14/ford-moving-all-small-car-manufacturing-out-of-detroit-and-into-mexico/]Ford Moving All Small Car Manufacturing Out of Detroit and into Mexico[/url]
Please use a reliable source. Are you saying that Brietbart is to be trusted more than the CEO of Ford when it comes to the company's future plans?

Do I trust giant corporations? No. However, I'd like to know from whom or what someone gets his or her news. I'm not so set in my ways that I won't listen to the truth. However, this was published in Fortune Magazine today. Again, the Trump supporters are only telling half of the story. Of course I wish all jobs could stay in the United States, but every time Trump was asked how he would bring back jobs, he dodged the question and repeated what he already said in rallies.

[url=http://fortune.com/2016/09/27/ford-trump-presidential-debate/]Ford Spent the Presidential Debate Fact Checking Trump[/url]

"Shifting production of the Ford Focus to Mexico is part of a labor contract Ford ratified with the UAW in November. Ford is moving two new vehicles to the Michigan plant where the Focus is produced, and the existing U.S. workforce at the plant will make those vehicles. A Ford spokeswoman said there is no impact on U.S. jobs."

Note that the United Auto Workers also tweeted that what Trump said is untrue, not just Ford.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:10 PM

2,540 posts, read 2,760,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
"You have been around for 30 years and you haven't done anything"
He was obviously coached to say that line. He would not have come up with it all on his own.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:10 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,800,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
There are only two candidates that will have a chance.... I don't think you comprehend... As voting for Stein or Johnson is the same as voting for Trump.
I comprehend just fine. What you and millions of others don't seem to understand is that if you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil.

FK THAT!

I'm voting my conscience, and so will millions of others as they break from this BS oligarch merry go round.

Go ahead and be a part of the two herds, them and us, and vote for YOUR candidate who will break every promise and $crew YOU and US for their personal gain. The only path to change is to actually change... anything else is just lip service.

1 in 10 have come to their senses. That's a start, and it will snowball.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:11 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,491,223 times
https://mobile.twitter.com/MajorCBS/...47025398763520

Trump touts CBS NEWS post-debate poll. Except there wasn't one.

Dude lies like a rug.

10,190 posts, read 7,964,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
She has not been a politician for 30 years. Where do people get this misinformation??

Who cares how long she has been a politician? The fact is she has been a worthless one.

29,526 posts, read 22,708,719 times
I was hoping for the Trump that I saw give a pretty damned good acceptance speech as Republican candidate. He was on fire then and made a lot of great points.

Last night he had moments of brilliance but there were also stretches he would ramble and not answer the questions. At times he looked flustered too.

I expect a better debate from him next time. He needs to build on his strengths without letting Hillary fluster him.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:12 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,957,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
The actual explanation is online polls aren't scientific and meaningless. The actual scientific polls Clinton easily won.
Does it matter though? Was it a surprise to anyone last night that Trump is a bombastic blowhard? It will come down to whether people want status quo or not.

These debates are most likely completely useless. The candidates couldn't be better known by now.

Old 09-27-2016, 03:13 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,957,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
I was hoping for the Trump that I saw give a pretty damned good acceptance speech as Republican candidate. He was on fire then and made a lot of great points.

Last night he had moments of brilliance but there were also stretches he would ramble and not answer the questions. At times he looked flustered too.

I expect a better debate from him next time. He needs to build on his strengths without letting Hillary fluster him.
He completely screwed up by letting her get to him about Iraq. The question was something like why he has better judgment than her. He could have laid into her about any number of things but he spent minutes talking about the Howard Stern and Hannity shows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections